Podcast (Audio) "Ducks Stream" new audio platform

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
It’s a Spotify problem. Ducks Stream is the profile and then they have the different shows, which you gotta go to individually. Spotify should list all the shows under the Main Profile but they don’t. Other podcasts don’t have this problem because they just have a singular show.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
It’s a Spotify problem. Ducks Stream is the profile and then they have the different shows, which you gotta go to individually. Spotify should list all the shows under the Main Profile but they don’t. Other podcasts don’t have this problem because they just have a singular show.
Yeah... that's what I was saying above.... it's 2022.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Does your car not connect with Bluetooth?
it does, but i'd rather just tune into the radio instead of having to download an app on my phone and listening through there. not to mention those radio apps always have a tendency to freeze up

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
it does, but i'd rather just tune into the radio instead of having to download an app on my phone and listening through there. not to mention those radio apps always have a tendency to freeze up
I mean with AM radio depending on where you are at and at what time of day, you may be picking up another radio station that may also be on a different language.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
The new Mighty till Now episode with Guy Hebert was pretty cool. I never knew about the pirate picture lol

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I get that Niedermayer won us a cup, but I don’t understand the obsession with the guy. He’s (arguably) more known as being a Devil. His on again/ off again contemplating retirement thing got old with me after a while

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
I'm late to this because sports interviews are usually pretty cringy but that was gold. Having it randomly turn into a couples therapy session was so funny.

Yeah, I've found that generally (or at least IME) the less you know about your childhood heroes the better.

They've now interviewed my four favourite Ducks (#9, #8, #31 and #27). Hoping McDonald is next.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Yeah, I've found that generally (or at least IME) the less you know about your childhood heroes the better.

They've now interviewed my four favourite Ducks (#9, #8, #31 and #27). Hoping McDonald is next.

So far it’s all been players that are still local here. What other players still live in SoCal?

Getzlaf for sure will be coming up and I’m assuming Perry will be on when the Lightning comes to town as well.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

I'm listening to it in pieces. Teemu on the first time he saw Paul Kariya, at the Hockey News awards -- I was sitting there and a little Japanese boy sat down near me and I thought, oh, they let fans sit here too?

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Nothing too revealing on the Verbeek episode, although still a huge departure from the Murray days. here is a pretty comprehensive list of things they talked about:

personal stuff:
1) his show will be renamed "the beeker" since that's his nickname
2) talked about his upbringing a bit on a pig farm, he began driving tractors at a young age. thinks this helped instill a strong work ethic. the family still runs a farm and greenhouse.
3) started playing hockey when he was 5 or so but skated at a younger age. around 7 or so he really felt that hockey might be for him.
4) tried to model his game after Bobby Orr since he played D when he was younger. wore #16 for Bobby Clarke, whom he admired as a player (lol)
5) learned to train hunting dogs after he retired and still does it today
6) has 5 kids, and eldest daughter got married this past summer

playing career:
1) talked about the sabres/stars cup final and the controversial goal. very happy the league did away with that rule
2) 'little ball of hate' nickname started in NY from glenn healy. (ray ferraro was the 'big ball of hate' because he was grumpy off the ice.)
3) feels his temper helped him during his career especially on days he didn't feel great

executive career:
1) really enjoyed working with the ownership in Tampa and Detroit because they let their hockey people do their jobs
2) philosophy is to not bring players into the league before they're ready. obviously similar to Yzerman in that regard. says expectations for McTavish aren't terribly high and there will be ups and downs. believes there's nothing left for him to accomplish at the junior level. said McT puts in a lot of time on and off the ice
3) close relationship w/ Yzerman, think the game similarly, view players similarly, and they attempt to be as patient as possible

Ducks related:
1) I thought this was interesting and a good idea: trying to better coordinate hockey ops and the 'business' part of the team. has gotten to know Aaron Teats and they are working closely with marketing and player appearances. believes it's really important for the team to be out in the community.
2) Watched Regenda at WC and liked his size, skill, hockey sense. will take a wait and see approach but earned the right to start with team given his preseason performance (except for 1 game, Eakins also echoed that).
3) excited to see how the young guys progress. thinks 1st year is easiest year but 2nd can be tough as teams adapt. mentioned Comtois and Jones specifically as guys he's hoping have bounce back years.
4) Thinks Kulikov/Klingberg can help Drys in different situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad