Ducks sign Brian McGrattan to a one year contract

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
They should really do a joint announcement (Ducks/Gulls). Unfortunately, he'll probably never fight (play) on the big club.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
They should really do a joint announcement (Ducks/Gulls). Unfortunately, he'll probably never fight (play) on the big club.

I would love to see MaGratten just ruin Lucic. I know it won't happen because they're friends, but it'll be nice to have another heavyweight fighter in the organization.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Hopefully this means when Jackman gets hurt we keep a fighter up unlike last 2 seasons. Mcgrattan is not a bad player for a heavyweight and is considered the best fighter in hockey.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I would love to see MaGratten just ruin Lucic. I know it won't happen because they're friends, but it'll be nice to have another heavyweight fighter in the organization.

I don't think McGratton could catch Lucic to be honest (not that Lucic is fast or anything).

Good signing, hopefully he's utilised if Jackman gets hurt.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Happy to see the signing, I was bummed when we let him leave to Nashville, I think he helped build that young Calgary team.

He's a perfect AHL team player and I wouldn't mind seeing him called up against the kings if Lucic wants to make a statement for his new team.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'm still annoyed we went with Parros over McGrattan a few years back :laugh:

Given we have so many younger guys on the AHL club, will be a good protection for them.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Happy to see the signing, I was bummed when we let him leave to Nashville, I think he helped build that young Calgary team.

He's a perfect AHL team player and I wouldn't mind seeing him called up against the kings if Lucic wants to make a statement for his new team.

We didn't let him leave, they plucked him off of waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad