Post-Game Talk: Ducks @ Sens

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I know I am annoying, but since playing badly and some people calling him a joke around the league, another great game by Karlsson, played a simple game on defense and made some nice plays all over the ice!

4th straight in a row where he plays good! Nice to see. Ryan Hoff Zib were good again, really our first line. Turris played great, credit where it's due, I made a lot of critics on him lately saying he needed to step up, looked lost... that goal was a beauty and not just the goal but little plays all over the ice! On to MTL now, absolutely don't want to lose !!!!

Why?

<--------

Dont think hes had four straight good games. Hes been very inconsistent this year but it looks like he more motivated or at least better then he was to start.

BigBush*

Holy crap has it ever... Just checked the scoresheet for tonight.

I didnt feel that this was the key to him playing better, but he has been noticeably better. 25 mins and under could be the best way to use him.

Yup. He isn't a stay at home defense who should play 30 mins a night. He's a PMD that plays up an down the ice every shift. Reducing his ice time was smart

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Impressed by Karlsson's game tonight. Very safe, but generated lots of offense

Yip, Karlsson had an excellent game. Ceci, Boro and Cowen had good games. Phillips and Gryba were just ok. Phililps not as bad as before the scratch, but not as good as his last game. Looks like the tank is getting half empty. I think he will need to sit in a couple games to re-fill it.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
This was probably mentioned, but I remember reading before the game, the posts "Will Michalek ever score again?" and "When was the last time we had a blowout win?"
Brilliant :laugh:

Awesome game to be at as well :nod:

Karlsson2Turris*

Cameron has been spot on in terms of ice time management and line combos so far. I'm guessing Karlsson "only" had 21 mins tonight because they wanted to rest him for tomorrow. There really was no point playing him after the 5th goal.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Great win tonight!!!! Great game by the kids! Zibad, Stone, Hoffman and Turris all scoring !!!!

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Cameron has been spot on in terms of ice time management and line combos so far. I'm guessing Karlsson "only" had 21 mins tonight because they wanted to rest him for tomorrow. There really was no point playing him after the 5th goal.

Your guess is a good one. I'm quite sure he'd have played at least 25-28 minutes had we not been playing tomorrow as well, or if the lead wasn't so big.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I know I am annoying, but since playing badly and some people calling him a joke around the league, another great game by Karlsson, played a simple game on defense and made some nice plays all over the ice!

4th straight in a row where he plays good! Nice to see. Ryan Hoff Zib were good again, really our first line. Turris played great, credit where it's due, I made a lot of critics on him lately saying he needed to step up, looked lost... that goal was a beauty and not just the goal but little plays all over the ice! On to MTL now, absolutely don't want to lose !!!!

Why?

<--------

I don't think it is a coincidence with EK after Camerone took over. He is making simple, safe plays...and yet the offense is coming back when he isnot forcing the play, trying to do it all. He looks to be playing "his" game, and not everyone else's as well. If he keeps this up, watch out!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Well to be fair if the Sens had say 2 or 3 more power plays Karlsson's ice time would hover around ~25 minutes which is where I think it should be throughout the season

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Anouncement-patrick-star-meme-generator-aww-you-re-too-sweet-ecf69c_zps6b897304.jpg

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Best way to learn what should he change for his future coaching.

Ya manage to play against a rusty Bryzgalov 82 strait games when they likely played a hung over team from Anaheim on a back to back.

Sens scored goals and skated well but common that was not Anaheims best effort.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
It was a fun game, not enough of these lately. Say what we want around here about Cameron, but under him, since the loss to LA, we have got 7 of possible 8 points, did not really expect that.

Best way to learn what should he change for his future coaching.

why are people acting like we we're never going to win another game if Maclean was still coach?

The guy brought us to the playoffs 2 years in a row, his last game was a 4-3 OT comeback win.

Shut the **** up. for real.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Ya manage to play against a rusty Bryzgalov 82 strait games when they likely played a hung over team from Anaheim on a back to back.

this. You guys get wayyy to comfortable wayyy to fast. The fans are just like the team.

win 2 games in a row and ppl are acting like we're tops in the East. We're not in the playoffs yet...

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Ottawa, a team that has been 1 game above .500 for 32 games, has to be 11 games over .500 for the next 50 games (at a minimum) to make the playoffs. That is reality.

If anyone thinks that is likely, raise your hand.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ottawa, a team that has been 1 game above .500 for 32 games, has to be 11 games over .500 for the next 50 games (at a minimum) to make the playoffs. That is reality.

If anyone thinks that is likely, raise your hand.

If we get a top 2-3 D for Karlsson and Smith/Neil don't draw back in and Zib lines keeps producing... I think that is tbh.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
this. You guys get wayyy to comfortable wayyy to fast. The fans are just like the team.

win 2 games in a row and ppl are acting like we're tops in the East. We're not in the playoffs yet...

Except no one is actually doing this. Are you referring to the imaginary Sens fans inside your head?

I see a lot of Sens fans who are very happy with the win, but who also realize that we are in tough to even make the playoffs.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005

I watched a bad feed of this game, so I really have no clue how my sens played or Anaheim. To find out I came here to see what people were saying. After reading two pages I came upon this crazy post. How dare you sir, tell me my amazing team had this by luck. I shall challenge you to a duel!
But for real. Someone with some touch of reality tell me the none wet dream version of this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad