Post-Game Talk: Ducks @ Sens

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
The thing that pisses me off the most is that the leafs and habs beat the ducks 4-2 and 4-1 and we couldnt beat them when they play the night before ughh.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
2nd period was a waste the moment we took a penalty after Z's goal. Some strong, and some sloppy play. PP looked great at times.

Need to play a proper game if we want to win.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Judging how this game went I'm sure Paulrus will find an excuse to play Kassian/Gryba Sunday and keep justifying Phillips on the PP.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Argh, we lose by one to Anaheim and this board enters **** mode.

We just beat Detroit 6-1 two games ago. We played poorly yet only lost by 1.

Us>>>>>>Detroit.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I could tell they were really trying in the last 10 minutes of the game. That being said, it was an all too familiar feeling to the 2008-2011 sens where they would disappear until the last 3 minutes of the game.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I think Weircioch will be back in, maybe Pageau but not sure who he would replace.

dasboot

Jajajaja
Sep 12, 2010
A game we should have won. 3rd game in 4 days for the Ducks who didn't even play that well. Can't keep giving these kind of games away.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I could tell they were really trying in the last 10 minutes of the game. That being said, it was an all too familiar feeling to the 2008-2011 sens where they would disappear until the last 3 minutes of the game.

Um? They had some serious pressure in the Ducks end right from the beginning of the period. Just couldn't capitalize/weren't shooting enough.

FightingIrish

Total Lak of Respek
Aug 30, 2010
Ottawa
Karlsson with a really bad game.

I hope this will not be consistent.

...What?

Aside from that giveaway infront of Andy, I think he played rather good. Skating was on point, passes were hard on the tape, trying to create in Anaheim's end, trying to get shots through, 28min playing time... etc.

-2 Doesn't really do him any justice.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The thing that pisses me off the most is that the leafs and habs beat the ducks 4-2 and 4-1 and we couldnt beat them when they play the night before ughh.

The leafs beat them because of a crappy penalty called against the ducks which led to a goal and it changed the momentum in the leafs favor. The habs beat the ducks because the ducks flat out sucked that night like detroit sucked on wednesday.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We played well enough offensively. We just had huge difficulty getting the puck out.

Aka defense.

For starters, Wiercioch in for Gryba.

Acquire Bogosian.

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Bogosian
Phillips-Wiercioch

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
...What?

Aside from that giveaway infront of Andy, I think he played rather good. Skating was on point, passes were hard on the tape, trying to create in Anaheim's end, trying to get shots through, 28min playing time... etc.

I must have missed those, it seems like whenever he entered the offensive zone he tried to pass it through two or three players which almost always lead to a 3 on 2 rush into our zone.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
...What?

He was average at best. At least by his standards. A lot of questionable decisions, even when just skating the puck up the neutral zone.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
...What?

He shut down a lot of players coming down the wing, played great on PK.

People look at one mistake and therefore classify it as the overall outcome of his performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad