GDT: Ducks @ Sens 4pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Bieksa has a NMC, we are not getting rid of him why does everyone keep acting like we can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, NMC doesn't prevent movement. It just has to be to a place they approve. And you will get crap value in return because of this. But consider that Vancouver still managed to steal a 2nd from Murray so it might not be that bad.

In some sense if a NMC is worth more than an NTC to players it might be more worth it to us to offer NMCs. As a budget team, we won't be burying big salaries in the minors anyways.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I've said it before and I'll say it again, NMC doesn't prevent movement. It just has to be to a place they approve. And you will get cheap value in return because of this. But consider that Vancouver still managed to steal a 2nd from Murray so it might not be that bad.

Why would he waive his NMC to leave SoCal, a contender, and his best friend? Bieska is staying.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Wasn't Bieksa's first choice the Sharks? I'm going from memory, so I could be wrong, but that might diminish the idea that Kev is married to Anaheim just because his buddy is here.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wasn't Bieksa's first choice the Sharks? I'm going from memory, so I could be wrong, but that might diminish the idea that Kev is married to Anaheim just because his buddy is here.

He almost went to the Sharks but if my memory is correct then there was no indication suggesting Sharks was his priority and he was happy ending up in Anaheim

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again, NMC doesn't prevent movement. It just has to be to a place they approve. And you will get crap value in return because of this. But consider that Vancouver still managed to steal a 2nd from Murray so it might not be that bad.

In some sense if a NMC is worth more than an NTC to players it might be more worth it to us to offer NMCs. As a budget team, we won't be burying big salaries in the minors anyways.

He is not leaving. The same way Joe Thornton didn't want to leave and he is actually a good player still.

You can dream all you want but we are stuck with this piece of ****.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
IMG_20160326_191126767_zpshsugonr8.jpg

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Great comeback. We're missing a ton of skill with Kesler, Vatanen, and Perron all out. And I still think we're a much better team with Despres in the lineup than with him out. Would be nice to get all 4 of those guys back for the playoffs.

Stewart is pretty underrated. He's actually a useful player who can play on any line. Santorelli should never see time on Getzlaf's line instead of Stewart

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
He is not leaving. The same way Joe Thornton didn't want to leave and he is actually a good player still.

You can dream all you want but we are stuck with this piece of ****.
You mean like how Bieksa didn't waive his NTC to come here? Kaberle successfully stayed for a couple years, but in the end he waived too.

The list of players who ended up waiving is very long.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I agree with your point in general, but digging a little deeper in this specific case I'm not so sure it's the same scenario playing out.

Younger guys with NMCs definitely use it to pick their next spot because they usually still have a future in front of them. If I'm not mistaken, Kev had a NTC in VAN and was quite happy there. He didn't really want to leave. But, as you said, he was no longer wanted there and was approached about waiving. But his conditions for waiving (asidie from a city he liked) were that the new team immediately give hime two more years and the NMC. He knows it's the end of the line and doesn't want to move his family multiple times near the end. I think he wants to finish out his career here and won't be interested in waiving for anybody. If the Ducks don't want him they can buy him out. I'd bet he is more than willing to call their bluff.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
You mean like how Bieksa didn't waive his NTC to come here? Kaberle successfully stayed for a couple years, but in the end he waived too.

The list of players who ended up waiving is very long.

Except we will be a playoff team for a long time and Vancouver is getting shut out every game and has probably the worst future of any team at the moment.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Except we will be a playoff team for a long time and Vancouver is getting shut out every game and has probably the worst future of any team at the moment.
Why would you stay if your team doesn't want you?

Especially when they have all sorts of control. They could cut down your minutes or bench you. They could bar you from even coming to the team facilities. The only thing they are required to do is to pay you.

If a girl says she doesn't want to see you any more, do you just stand on the sidewalk (public property!) in front of her house until she takes you back? Do you just follow her around all day?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Why would you stay if your team doesn't want you?

Especially when they have all sorts of control. They could cut down your minutes or bench you. They could bar you from even coming to the team facilities. The only thing they are required to do is to pay you.

If a girl says she doesn't want to see you any more, do you just stand on the sidewalk (public property!) in front of her house until she takes you back? Do you just follow her around all day?

Because our coach plays him the most minutes on the team when he sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad