Confirmed with Link: Ducks re-sign Troy Terry (7 years, $7M AAV)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That would take him right to UFA, similar to Matthews/Marner. I would think either 3-4 years or 7-8.
Understood. That’s what I think his agent will be looking for and I think there is a chance he gets it if he takes a pay cut in the AAV

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
feel real good about this. could always be better, but I see as a candidate for captain or at least wearing one of the As permanently.

Reactions: lwvs84

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Verbeek gets a lot of heat here, and he has made some interesting decisions, but this is a big W for him, even if Solomon is the one doing the day-to-day on it, Verbeek is definitely behind the scenes. he ended up doing much better than i thought he would.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
From Stephens’ new article:
1691019906769.png

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
YES! Down to the wire but we got it done. 7 years is fantastic

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Think for 7 year years he had earned less, but can’t hate it and have to keep him. Does make me worry what PV is gonna pay Z.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
It is a great contract just because it is a super fair deal for both sides and I have to agree, Troy is a strong candidate for a letter. Personally I'd prefer him over Cam.

Reactions: snowave

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Between this and Dadonov, Pat loves going up against the clock lol.

Great news (hopefully), but will wait to see the money
Ha, yes. Sometimes, when the situation is crazy, it pays to be the calm side and get things done at that time. There might be some of that in him, Pat must be a great poker player :laugh:
I wonder if being a 5th round pick, looking like a player that might never put it all together/make it as an impact player, and breaking out "late" would make him a better captain (or maybe I should say leader). A lot of the guys in the franchise history and around the league, even if they are good captains, were naturally gifted guys that were expected to do well in the league. Terry was a long shot at the time he was drafted (or else he wouldn't have been a 5th rounder) and had to work at becoming the player he is today. And I think for him, a lot of it was mental more than physical. Being able to talk to younger guys about his struggles and being able to relate to non-elite talent would be a great advantage to have from a future captain.
Interesting point especially about the mental side and I think you're right. Makes me wonder if his mental side was hurting because he was a 5th rounder? I still remember watching him play in Denver in his D+1 and I thought holly hell he looks like a first rounder. And he looked great throughout his pre-pro career and even in San Diego. He has numerous times praised Ryan Miller for helping him with the mental side.
If we look back, he was really underdeveloped for his age and that team was STACKED so he had to take on the 3rd line role that hurt his draft stock.

Reactions: lwvs84

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I wonder if Getzlaf had any involvement.

Getz is probably tasked with mentoring Carlsson. And it is well known how Getzlaf and Terry jelled together.

Maybe the groundwork for a Carlsson-Terry pairing. Probably won’t be the same as the twins, but it might be special.

John

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I wonder if Getzlaf had any involvement.

Getz is probably tasked with mentoring Carlsson. And it is well known how Getzlaf and Terry jelled together.

Maybe the groundwork for a Carlsson-Terry pairing. Probably won’t be the same as the twins, but it might be special.

John
Carlsson-Terry pair would be crafty AF

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
We should be cup contenders already f*** PV
I’m not sure if this is a joke or if you are serious.

He’s been here a year and a half and while a couple trades (Lindholm, Des) can be argued, he didn’t inherit much.

I suppose he could have come in and last Summer fired Eakins and thrown all the money he had at FA’s, and may have made the playoffs.

But nothing was going to turn this team into competing for a cup in a year.

John

Reactions: AngelDuck

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I’m not sure if this is a joke or if you are serious.

He’s been here a year and a half and while a couple trades (Lindholm, Des) can be argued, he didn’t inherit much.

I suppose he could have come in and last Summer fired Eakins and thrown all the money he had at FA’s, and may have made the playoffs.

But nothing was going to turn this team into competing for a cup in a year.

John
most def sarcasm.

Reactions: 70sSanO

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Really cool that Kariya is that involved now with the team. He's probably a very different person than Getzy was, hopefully Terry learns from both them (and Nieds) and becomes his own style of leader (captain?) based on advice they all give him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad