Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Id go

Kreider Stepan Nash
Miller Brassard Zucc
Hagelin Hayes MSL
Shep Moore Fast

I'm pretty much on the same page. I'd also consider switching Kreider and Hagelin and see how that goes:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Hayes-MSL
Miller-Brassard-Zucc
Sheppard-Moore-Fast

Top three lines are then extremely balanced. That Stepan line was great a couple years ago and you use them against the opposing teams #1 line. Reunites Kreider/Hayes connection from BC and MSL could do well with two big players. Brassard/Zucc/Miller is a great third line.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Some numbers stuff with the 1 vs. 8 matchup in the first round since the lockout, since it seems like we are well on our way.

#1 seeds are 14-4, .778. Your chokers are the 2006 Wings vs. EDM, 2009 Sharks vs. ANA, 2010 Capitals vs. MTL, and 2012 Canucks vs. LAK. All President's Trophy winners :help:

Of those 14 series wins by the #1 seed, 11 where finished by the 6th game, 6 by the 5th game, and 1 sweep. Three went the limit. (2008 MTL/BOS, 2011 VAN/CHI, 2012 NYR/OTT)

Overall, the #1 seed is 64-40 in the first round. (.615)

Lol Sharks and Caps on that list. I'm shocked.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
i cant see anaheim getting past chicago or st louis in the playoffs. those teams are so much tighter defensively and difficult to play against.

Chicago yes. St Louis not so much. Blues aren't exactly world beaters in the post season and they have goaltending issues.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
They had to win 3 series in 7, when were great at everything? The gave up a ton of goals too.

I think you missed the sarcasm in his post. Everyone had LA pegged to sweep us even though we performed better in the playoffs. If we win game 1 I think we win the series. Giving up that 2 goal lead in game 1 definitely gave LA the confidence to know they can come back against us. Confidence is just as important as talent in the playoffs.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Since we got Yandle and also since Cam has been doing nothing but winning. Pretty obvious consensus of the Rangers looking like the class of league. I mean what's our record over 4 months 38-7-3? That's something like win 5, lose 1. Crazy

48 games is a small sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2