Post-Game Talk: Ducks @ Rangers - Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
of all the moaning and groaning and doomsday talk around here in the last couple of weeks, I wake up this morning and the Rangers are in 2nd place in the eastern conference :handclap: some people need to chill out a little bit...the schedule has been a cluster and the injuries have piled up...we will be fine the rest of the way

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
We know all about bad D, we have Staal and Girardi.

Actually, I've seen exactly this kind of play from our D this year. And it's not the whipping boys, Staal and Girardi only.

Boyle, Yandle and more than anyone McDonagh. Hank was just stopping everything earlier.

Yeah, i mean.. have you watch Girardi? I've watched him make that mistake a hundred times....

No. This is wrong. They may often fail to get the puck out of the zone, but they very rarely make such basic mistakes like giving up the puck right in front of the net like that.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Just slowed down the ultra slowmo replay of Rakell's goal. The puck definitely tipped of the very end of McD's stickblade and changed the trajectory just enough.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23124

of all the moaning and groaning and doomsday talk around here in the last couple of weeks, I wake up this morning and the Rangers are in 2nd place in the eastern conference :handclap: some people need to chill out a little bit...the schedule has been a cluster and the injuries have piled up...we will be fine the rest of the way

Which is not saying much considering the competition in the division.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm watching the replay of Zooks awesome goal. I was surprised to see who got in on the celebration so fast. It was Brass then Boyle which is expected since they were on the ice than it was Glass. Where did Tanner come from? Soon after it was Kreider jumping a foot off the ground to join the party. Kreider played better last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_aOk-DH-Vk

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I'm watching the replay of Zooks awesome goal. I was surprised to see who got in on the celebration so fast. It was Brass then Boyle which is expected since they were on the ice than it was Glass. Where did Tanner come from? Soon after it was Kreider jumping a foot off the ground to join the party. Kreider played better last night.

One of Tanner's team skills is getting in goal celebrations very quickly.

Who needs puck skills when you've got that?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

The video won't play. I'm getting an error message.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
McIlrath and Yandle played more at ES than any other defenseman.

McIlrath played more than Yandle in regulation though, Yandle played ~1 minute in OT.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Went to the game yesterday, first one of the year for me was happy they at least pulled out a win against a bad team. The Rangers ares way slower than the prior few season, it is so easy to see at the game. The team great speed we may have scared teams with in prior years is gone. The team does not go to the front of the net, win battle on the boards and continues to loss majority of faceoffs. This team is going nowhere this season. Glass being in the line-up is the least of our problems. The only positive I took, is Dylan Mac. I have been his biggest critic, saying he is not an NHL d man. But watching him the past month and seeing him in playing last night, I have to say, he is playing some good hockey.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
this team has a winning record when the music guy plays Tool in the 3rd period. fun fact.

also, that's the second time Zucc has fallen while taking a slapshot from a circle :laugh:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Went to the game yesterday, first one of the year for me was happy they at least pulled out a win against a bad team. The Rangers ares way slower than the prior few season, it is so easy to see at the game. The team great speed we may have scared teams with in prior years is gone. The team does not go to the front of the net, win battle on the boards and continues to loss majority of faceoffs. This team is going nowhere this season. Glass being in the line-up is the least of our problems. The only positive I took, is Dylan Mac. I have been his biggest critic, saying he is not an NHL d man. But watching him the past month and seeing him in playing last night, I have to say, he is playing some good hockey.

The speed just isn't there anymore and it's so noticeable. The forecheck is almost non existent.

Seven Years

Mar 17, 2011
This.

While I'm happy we won considering how bad we have played. It's important to recognize the opponent.

We need to continue to do this coming out of the break.

Continue doing what? Playing like poopie? I'd be very concerned if they don't start to play any better after the break, winning or not.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I voted for JT along with the two obvious choices... His fight changed the whole complexion of that game. I'm glad I didn't waste 500$ on 3 tickets for nothing.

Great to see the Captain there as well!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
When they allow 41 scoring chances against a team that's not even in the playoffs (Jets), I appreciate good defense against anyone.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not like everyone completely shuts down Anaheim.

They're 7th in the league in attempting shots. Their shooting percentage is garbage and more than anything else, that's because Ryan Getzlaf -a career 12% shooter- is shooting 1.6% this year and hasn't scored on a goalie in 44 games.

Ryan Getzlaf is an elite player and that will change. Once it does, things will turn around for Anaheim. I guarantee you they make the playoffs.

I don't agree at all with the notion that we beat a trash team. If we got outplayed and only won because Anaheim couldn't finish, like most teams are doing, then I could see it. But we out-corsi'd one of the best possession teams in the league.

It was a good win.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
also, that's the second time Zucc has fallen while taking a slapshot from a circle :laugh:
Zucc has a habit of doing that, look at some of the highlight videos of him on Youtube, and you'll see that he has done this his entire career :)

I dont know what it is, maybe he follows through on the shot to such a degree that his nose needs to touch the ice.... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad