Post-Game Talk: Ducks @ Rangers - Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Yandle with a typical merry reaction on the bench to the OT winner, lol.

I'm a big Nash fan, but after this I think it's becoming clear that Brass & Zuuc have very special chemistry. Anyone playing LW with those two guys can freeload for secondary assists. They've been amazing.

Great to win. Great to get to vote in a poll!

No question. Even though Nash can be a real solid finisher, I don't think his spot should be with Brass and Zucc...those guys alone make things happen.

I think Nash is better off with Step. Either have Kreider with Brass and Zuccs or try Etem there. Either way, I think the best help for Brass and Zuccs would be a guy who can grind in the corners and/or make hits, especially since they're both shooting the puck more.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
A team playing like one of the worst teams in the league, barely won over one of the actual worst teams in the league, in OT. at home. How fitting, I guess that's what it takes for this team to get a win at this point.

At least this train wreck has Zuke, Brassard and Hank.

Last edited:

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Zuccarello is probably one of the most underrated players in the league, another really good game.
Brassard is also having a good game, would take him over Stepan any day.
Nice to see McIlrath with another solid game, AV is gonna have a hard time letting him sit when Klein comes back.
Good effort from Nash.
Kreider is the definition of a floater this season, name him Kreidernotosov and people would scream for his head :laugh:

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
No joe thought it was at first and they showed the angle perfectly and it wasn't deflected, it was just a great shot.

The MSG feed I watched had 2 terrible angles on the replay for that shot, not trying to pick a fight, but that really looked tipped. (but, I'm heavily biased from playing goal :) )

It's possible it wasn't and he used McD as a great screen.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Last night we saw what a bad D really looks like

2 goals as a direct result of terrible turnovers, and even more terrible turnovers throughout the game. Hate on our guys as much as you want but they rarely make massive errors like that.

Manson is probably the worst defenseman I've seen in the NHL since Stu Bickel

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014

2 goals as a direct result of terrible turnovers, and even more terrible turnovers throughout the game. Hate on our guys as much as you want but they rarely make massive errors like that.

We know all about bad D, we have Staal and Girardi.

Deleted member 23124

The MSG feed I watched had 2 terrible angles on the replay for that shot, not trying to pick a fight, but that really looked tipped. (but, I'm heavily biased from playing goal :) )

As an ex-goalie, I'd like to believe that too but not touched. From Hank's reaction, He didn't see it until the last second.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Well his running mate Kreider has been terrible basically all season, now he's coming back from injury.

Stepan will pick it up, I feel like he always slumps and is pretty invisible (offensively anyway) for a while, then he'll have a stretch of 26 points in 21 games or something.

Stepan was having an average season before his injury. A bit of it is Kreider, but mostly it's Stepan. Last night MSG noted we have ZERO shorties after leading NHL last year. Stepan's not at last year's level in most categories.

It definitely wasn't tipped. Great snipe, just like Perry.

Hank plays deeper than most, but when he's more confident Hank tends to come out a little more to cut the angle. McD to me should've gotten tighter to Rackell though. He was more of a screen than helpful. Great passing and shot by the Ducks, but our forwards could've done more also.

Actually, I've seen exactly this kind of play from our D this year. And it's not the whipping boys, Staal and Girardi only.

Boyle, Yandle and more than anyone McDonagh. Hank was just stopping everything earlier.

Happy they won with a long break coming. However, it's one game and they looked decent against Edmonton last week also. Another team on a 2nd night of a back to back.

Hopefully it's real this time and Washington was rock bottom. Coverage was better. Will be interesting to see what happens with D pairs next week if everyone's healthy.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Much improved effort all over the ice last night! That was a really big win to head into the holiday break

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
A win is a win, but are we not going to talk about blowing the lead in the final 3 minutes? If not deflected, that goal is on Hank IMO.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
A win is a win, but are we not going to talk about blowing the lead in the final 3 minutes? If not deflected, that goal is on Hank IMO.

That shot by Rakell was absolutely perfect. Not many goalies are making that save.

Jjksport

Jul 22, 2014
Btw, what was fowler complaining about with that call? He wrapped McDonagh up with both hands from behind on a breakaway. Like wtf was his argument?

They got away with quite a few holds. On a earlier play, he was getting beat again and put out is arm into the forward's stomach. He then fell down backwards pulling the forward down with him to stop the scoring chance
Extremely inconsistent refing again tonight.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
So Brassard has 13 goals, and we're not even at the midway point of the season. He's likely to shatter his career high of 19, which he set last year. He's what...27? But, apparently, players peak at 24. (No, no they don't). Time and again it's shown that patience is a virtue with regard to the development of players, but, it constantly gets overlooked by fans.

Vickers8

So Brassard has 13 goals, and we're not even at the midway point of the season. He's likely to shatter his career high of 19, which he set last year. He's what...27? But, apparently, players peak at 24. (No, no they don't). Time and again it's shown that patience is a virtue with regard to the development of players, but, it constantly gets overlooked by fans.

With that great slapshot, he should be on the PP point

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

We know all about bad D, we have Staal and Girardi.

Yeah, i mean.. have you watch Girardi? I've watched him make that mistake a hundred times....

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

I'm a goalie as well, although that's irrelevant to this. The second angle shown was from directly behind Rakell on his stick side, you could see the direct path the puck took. It went right past the side of McD's stick.

The more imporant thing about the play, that made it a tough shot to stop, was Rakell used McD as a screen and also angled himself perfectly. His body was entirely to McD's right and his stick was all the way over to McD's left, so he was shooting across McD's body. As a goalie, you know that a shooter doing that throws off your angle just a tad and makes the puck a tiny bit harder to read coming off the stick. This is exactly what James Neal is talking about in his article: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/james-neal-predators-sniper/

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Zucc has already matched his goal total from last season. Damn. Incredible considering the circumstances. What a guy. One of the few bright spots this season.

That shot by Rakell was absolutely perfect. Not many goalies are making that save.

Looks to me like the puck slightly skipped off McD's stick and threw Hank off, not to mention the screen... That shot was a laserbeam labeled straight to the top corner. Can't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad