Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Perreault, Drysdale, Nickl all on same team.

Reactions: Kalv

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR

Perreault, Drysdale, Nickl all on same team.

Thanks for the link. Some thoughts after watching the game...

Jacob was turning the puck over constantly, I like to think some of that was due to the face bubble he was forced to wear and new line mates. He clearly will have to work hard on his first step, takes too long for him to get going. As expected he was pretty lost defensively. Can definitely see glimpses of elite offensive awareness and he clearly has all the puck skills you want to see from a top line wing.

Nickl surprisingly played a ton and stood out as being pretty mobile. Uses his stick really well and seems like he can do a little of everything, played a lot of PP and didnt look out of place.

Drysdale was great the whole game, at times he wasn't super noticeable but in a good way for a dman. I still dont think he's much if any better than Cam was coming out of Jr but that's not a bad thing either.

Also Byfield uses his body really well to open lanes and find the best passing option. He's not as aggressive as you'd like to see and would of liked to see him carry the puck more but he is clearly going to be a top line center that will probably grow into a beast.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

Jacob was turning the puck over constantly, I like to think some of that was due to the face bubble he was forced to wear and new line mates. He clearly will have to work hard on his first step, takes too long for him to get going. As expected he was pretty lost defensively. Can definitely see glimpses of elite offensive awareness and he clearly has all the puck skills you want to see from a top line wing.

Nickl surprisingly played a ton and stood out as being pretty mobile. Uses his stick really well and seems like he can do a little of everything, played a lot of PP and didnt look out of place.

Drysdale was great the whole game, at times he wasn't super noticeable but in a good way for a dman. I still dont think he's much if any better than Cam was coming out of Jr but that's not a bad thing either.

Also Byfield uses his body really well to open lanes and find the best passing option. He's not as aggressive as you'd like to see and would of liked to see him carry the puck more but he is clearly going to be a top line center that will probably grow into a beast.
Byfield turned the puck over everytime he touched it in this game.

Perreaults pass for the tick tack toe goal was sick!

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Not a bad thing at all. Cam in his rookie year looked like he was going to be that #1 guy. His offense and creativity just disappeared after taking a board to the face thanks to Shane Doan.

If Drysdale turns into a RH version of what Cam is now that will be awesome. If he turns into a RH version of what Cam could have been then that would be amazing.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This applies to Drysdale, Perreault, and Hill.

That’s a bit rough for those guys development. Outside of the WJCs in early Jan if they go ahead that’s essentially no meaningful hockey for 11 months. I hope we look at other options with Drysdale.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Canada's selection camp goes from Nov. 16 to Dec. 13. So Drysdale will be able to start having proper training pretty soon. And at the very least, this should give Perreault and Tracey an opportunity to go through an NHL training camp.

Reactions: Kalv

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Perreault was a surprise cut from the Hlinka team last year after tearing up camp so theres clearly something hockey Canada doesnt like about him.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Tracey was never going to be on it lol

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Galimov was just crushed into the boards and was slowed to get up. Looked like might miss some time. He already was missing some games recently.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Ohl will have no contact next season....

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well, hopefully we get our guys out of that league. Trying to understand the science behind bodychecking increasing the chance of Covid transmission is tough. If they are truly worried then don't play at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad