Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Personally for me Drysdale goes straight to number one ahead of Zegras. Higher floor, similar ceilings. Also a higher pick in a better draft which is a very simplistic way of looking at it but I don’t think Zegras jumps to top 5 in any redraft of last year just yet.

Drysdale
Zegras
Dostal

are the top 3. Beyond that there are a lot of guys you can make arguments for at number 4.

Reactions: Getz2noone

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Personally for me Drysdale goes straight to number one ahead of Zegras. Higher floor, similar ceilings. Also a higher pick in a better draft which is a very simplistic way of looking at it but I don’t think Zegras jumps to top 5 in any redraft of last year just yet.

Drysdale
Zegras
Dostal

are the top 3. Beyond that there are a lot of guys you can make arguments for at number 4.
They're so close for me. I picked Zegras right now just because he's more proven but I could change my mind any day.

Zegras
Drysdale
Perreault
Dostal
Tracey
Comtois
Lundestrom
Colangelo
Thrun
Groulx
Lacombe
Mahura
Moore
Nickl
Galimov
Guhle
Andersson
Benoit
Durny
Badini
McLaughlin
Drew
Perbix
Kindopp
Bowen

Looks pretty damn good to me.

Last edited:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
I think Dostal is our best prospect. He's playing lights out in the FEL. That said, I don't think he's our most valuable prospect (if that makes any sense).

Anyway, my top 7:

1. Dostal
2. Zegras
3. Drysdale
-
4. Lundeström
5. Thrun
6. Comtois
-
7. Perreault

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It’s kinda nice you could argue we have

a top 3 d prospect in the league
A top 3 center prospect in the league
I’d call dostal a top 3-5 goalie prospect, he gets 0 respect

Tons of depth dmen outside of drysdale, some having solid upside.
Perrault / comtois I think will both be top 6 wingers

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It’s kinda nice you could argue we have

a top 3 d prospect in the league
A top 3 center prospect in the league
I’d call dostal a top 3-5 goalie prospect, he gets 0 respect

Tons of depth dmen outside of drysdale, some having solid upside.
Perrault / comtois I think will both be top 6 wingers

I still couldn't believe that Zegras was ranked #1 prospect overall for the league for this past season. Drysdale could be another top-5 prospect in the league overall next season too (because Laf will be playing in the NHL). Dostal should be ranked in the top-10, but we got some biased rankers out there where one said he ranked Dostal out of his top-10 because of his height, but the ranks another goalie of short stature into his top-10. LoL

The sleeper in our system is Perreault. If he hits, then we might have two players in the top-20 next year (provided Zegras graduates to the NHL this year). That's how high I am on Perrault despite being very skeptical of him.

Our farm system has some high potential to it outside of Zegras, Dostal, and Drysdale.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I still couldn't believe that Zegras was ranked #1 prospect overall for the league for this past season. Drysdale could be another top-5 prospect in the league overall next season too (because Laf will be playing in the NHL). Dostal should be ranked in the top-10, but we got some biased rankers out there where one said he ranked Dostal out of his top-10 because of his height, but the ranks another goalie of short stature into his top-10. LoL

The sleeper in our system is Perreault. If he hits, then we might have two players in the top-20 next year (provided Zegras graduates to the NHL this year). That's how high I am on Perrault despite being very skeptical of him.

Our farm system has some high potential to it outside of Zegras, Dostal, and Drysdale.
Honestly watching the perrault highlights... and he has a ton of potential... he might have the best all around shots of anyone weve ever had in our system... and the things he got critiqued on a lot was effort and skating... but i guess the skating thing came off as a lot of misinformed notions. And effort i think could be a 16-17 year old playing on a not good sarnia sting team and losing motivation a bit... idk that id hold that against him too much.

Hopefully getting drafted in the 1st round lights a fire under him and he can put that rumor to rest too. Who knows if sarnia is bad again this year but hes having a good year, maybe hell get moved to a contender and we can see what he really can do.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How does Drysdale compare to Broberg, Seider and Byram when they were drafted ?

Seider and broberg come off more defensive guys... some offensive upside but not as much and Byram and Drysdale.

I think drysdale is the best skater of the 4... but hes significantly smaller than the other 3 so he has to rely on his skating a bit more.

If were going off pre draft year only... id go

Byram
Drysdale
Seider
Broberg

But i really dont think there is much seperating Byram Drysdale and Seider, just a lot of personal preferences. Broberg i would have a lil lower in his draft season.

I also think Byram was on a much better team/situation than drysdale was, so that helps a bit too... wasnt that Byram Giants team really good? If i recall correctly

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Seider and broberg come off more defensive guys... some offensive upside but not as much and Byram and Drysdale.

I think drysdale is the best skater of the 4... but hes significantly smaller than the other 3 so he has to rely on his skating a bit more.

If were going off pre draft year only... id go

Byram
Drysdale
Seider
Broberg

But i really dont think there is much seperating Byram Drysdale and Seider, just a lot of personal preferences. Broberg i would have a lil lower in his draft season.

I also think Byram was on a much better team/situation than drysdale was, so that helps a bit too... wasnt that Byram Giants team really good? If i recall correctly
Yeah Drysdale is definitely the best skater out of them, i see Byram being the better goal scorer though.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah Drysdale is definitely the best skater out of them, i see Byram being the better goal scorer though.
Agree with that... i dont think drysdale is a guy that is going to score 15-20 range a season... he seems more like a playmaker... his shot isnt over powering... and i think his slap shot is somewhat like fowlers... but drysdale does seem to keep his shots low and on net which allows for a lot of rebounds/defelctions. I could see him getting a ton of assists on the power play.

All im saying

Rakell Zegras Perrault
Fowler Drysdale

Could be a lot of fun to watch on the powerplay. 2 Legit sniper types... 2 great skaters from back end... and zegras the ultimate play maker. hell even throw comtois instead of rakell... he can be the net front guy.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Agree with that... i dont think drysdale is a guy that is going to score 15-20 range a season... he seems more like a playmaker... his shot isnt over powering... and i think his slap shot is somewhat like fowlers... but drysdale does seem to keep his shots low and on net which allows for a lot of rebounds/defelctions. I could see him getting a ton of assists on the power play.

All im saying

Rakell Zegras Perrault
Fowler Drysdale

Could be a lot of fun to watch on the powerplay. 2 Legit sniper types... 2 great skaters from back end... and zegras the ultimate play maker. hell even throw comtois instead of rakell... he can be the net front guy.
With Lindholms influence he could learn to shoot thru traffic extremely well and the velocity won't matter as much, which is partly how Lindholm hit 13 goals a few years ago.
I see Lindholm as the guy who could help the younger Dmen alot, as he seems like a very intelligent guy in general and if he played mostly offensive zone possessions we'd see more consistent offensive production out of him but he's so much more valuable as a 2way defender playing mostly the hard minutes.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With Lindholms influence he could learn to shoot thru traffic extremely well and the velocity won't matter as much, which is partly how Lindholm hit 13 goals a few years ago.
I see Lindholm as the guy who could help the younger Dmen alot, as he seems like a very intelligent guy in general and if he played mostly offensive zone possessions we'd see more consistent offensive production out of him but he's so much more valuable as a 2way defender playing mostly the hard minutes.
I do think Lindholm is the perfect player to pair with drysdale when he comes into the league. Lindholm will give him a lot more freedoms to play aggresive/make mistakes and not cost the team. Lindholm is also a good enough skater that he wont hold drysdale back..

Tho the idea of watching Drysdale + fowler skate to loose pucks sounds amazing.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anyone have any opinions on how drysdale and theodore compare stylistically?

Theodore/fowler are prob the most like drysdale that weve had in our system.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Anyone have any opinions on how drysdale and theodore compare stylistically?

Theodore/fowler are prob the most like drysdale that weve had in our system.

Drysdale and Theodore, in their draft year, are very different. Theodore has amazing offense and does that very well, but that defense was very questionable. When I first saw him in a prospect game, the best thing I said about Theodore's defense was, "Huh. So he isn't a turnstile." I wouldn't put Theodore out late in games to secure a lead. Drysdale is a two-way defenseman where his forte is defense first. On offense, Drysdale does have options when in the offensive zone, but he lacks accuracy at shooting.

What both defensemen do well are making passes out of their defensive zone instead of skating it up. Fowler prefers to skate the puck up, whereas Lindholm would prefer to pass the puck forward. This is why Lindholm and Theodore improve offensive possession because pushing the puck via passing is faster than skating it up.

We've had a lot of offensive defensemen in Fowler, Vatanen, Theodore, and Montour. I'd say he's closer to Fowler and Vatanen stylistcally. If you look at Fowler's draft year production, he's put up production similar to Drysdale. Drysdale may become better than Fowler only because Drysdale won't be pushed up to the NHL in his draft year, where Fowler was. Fowler is also 3" taller than Drysdale. That's why I used Vatanen as another comparable.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Thrun, LaCombe, and Colangelo are all at WJC camp right now. Tournament scheduled to start Christmas Day, with a bubble beginning on Dec. 13. With a Jan. 1 start date for the NHL, this would obviously somewhat interfere with NHL camps for a guy like Zegras.

Oct 18, 2011
We have built some nice depth on defense if one of these guys like Nickl/LaCombe/Moore hit. Strangely I kinda like Thrun going to the USHL it's a chance for him to really work on a couple things without fear of much consequence. Maybe gains some confidence offensively.

As for forward I think we are one more good draft away from turning this thing around and find that center to compliment Zegras unless Steel/Lundy emerge. Even then I'm not sure Steel ans Zegras work as a 1/2 combo usually in the West you need some sort of power center as a 1 or 2

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad