GDT: Ducks @ Predators 10.22 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I really think this team goes by the way of their captain. Getzlaf has played worse than i've ever seen for this long of a stretch. As far as I can remember, this is exactly how he has looked in all the game 7's, as has the team behind him. Obviously it cant be all his fault but it definitely is a big part. I want to blame it on the sports hernia or conditioning but I think most of his issues have been making poor decisions with the puck.

Nosedive

Apr 4, 2014
I really think this team goes by the way of their captain. Getzlaf has played worse than i've ever seen for this long of a stretch. As far as I can remember this is exactly how he has looked in all the game 7's, as has the team behind him. Obviously it cant be all his fault but it definitely is a big part.

Getzlaf's inconsistency is his M.O.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What about it? I've said repeatedly that's on Murray. This discussion isn't about that though. You're going back and forth between saying Getzlaf and Perry aren't producing and that's not BB's fault at all. Yet they've produced with 3rd liners on their line every year since they've come into the league basically. So do they suck now or is BB's system not working anymore? You still haven't answered that basic question. It's not that hard. If you think they've declined into worthless players, or aren't competing, come right out and say it. I'll repsect your opinion and we can agree to disagree. IMO this system of dump and chase isn't beneficial for anyone on the team. Getzlaf and Perry need to be coached to carry the puck more through the neutral zone, and then cycle when they get to the offensive zone. That's not happening

Exaaaaaactly.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Man, this is a mess. It's unclear whether it's the players or the coach at this point. I'd keep Bruce a bit longer and make a trade to fix our top 6, but it's risky because who knows if that's the right answer. I think we just need to find our game and get our mojo back. For Saturday I think we need to call up Ritchie, even if he's not the fix I could see him bringing a spark on the kesler line. If we play the same way Saturday it's time to make a real change, whatever that may be.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What about it? I've said repeatedly that's on Murray. This discussion isn't about that though. You're going back and forth between saying Getzlaf and Perry aren't producing and that's not BB's fault at all. Yet they've produced with 3rd liners on their line every year since they've come into the league basically. So do they suck now or is BB's system not working anymore? You still haven't answered that basic question. It's not that hard. If you think they've declined into worthless players, or aren't competing, come right out and say it. I'll repsect your opinion and we can agree to disagree. IMO this system of dump and chase isn't beneficial for anyone on the team. Getzlaf and Perry need to be coached to carry the puck more through the neutral zone, and then cycle when they get to the offensive zone. That's not happening

This same system was within an OT goal of the Cup final a few months ago. The players and coach say that he hasn't changed it, and I find it difficult to believe that all these teams have figured out how to (and have the personnel to) defend it. The players aren't playing. If people want to say that the players have tuned the coach out that's fine, but that's not on the coach.

Getzholm

Jan 21, 2015
I don't understand the Cogliano hate. He's right about the only guy actually playing the system. It's not his fault nobody else is, and that he's ideally a grinder.

He is a grinder and needs to play that role - as does hagelin. They are both really good at that and need to be on the same line. Problem is we are paying them over 7 million a year together. Sucks. Can't believe they are both playing in the top 6 right now. Thats just pathetic.

I'm not hating on cogliano though (just to be clear), its BBs fault for not using him correctly.

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He is a grinder and needs to play that role - as does hagelin. They are both really good at that and need to be on the same line. Problem is we are paying them over 7 million a year together. Sucks. Can't believe they are both playing in the top 6 right now. Thats just pathetic.

But it's not Bruce's fault that's all he was given to work with. :help:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

No argument. But he's one of the few players actually putting in an honest effort every night. It's not his fault that the GM has made him one of the best of a bad bunch of options.

Hagelin looks to be one of the worst trades in recent memory though. He's wholly inappropriate for this team. Cogliano hits, Hagelin either can't or won't. Which is fine, because that's always been his game to anyone who's ever watched him. Too bad one of those folks wasn't our GM. Which is hysterical after all of the open criticism of the team and coaching style he did after the LA loss about the team being too easy to play against.

Nosedive

Apr 4, 2014
Sure he's always made dumb passes here and there and he forgets to be physical but this is a whole new level. But i've never seen him so un creative and less dynamic.

I meant to say that Getzlaf chooses when to play or when to be on.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Free 2 standing points. Everybod - FREE 2 STANDING POINTS, come and get yours, don`t miss!

getzforfighting*

No argument. But he's one of the few players actually putting in an honest effort every night. It's not his fault that the GM has made him one of the best of a bad bunch of options.

Hagelin looks to be one of the worst trades in recent memory though. He's wholly inappropriate for this team. Cogliano hits, Hagelin either can't or won't. Which is fine, because that's always been his game to anyone who's ever watched him. Too bad one of those folks wasn't our GM. Which is hysterical after all of the open criticism of the team and coaching style he did after the LA loss about the team being too easy to play against.

The trade was fine. The signing was not.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Well, we're sitting at 11.5% for winning the draft lottery, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad