GDT: Ducks @ Nashville - 5PM PT - 8PM ET - 2AM CET - 6:45AM NPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
This team doesn't want to work. So we keep rolling out our millionaires 18 minutes a night. Scariest thing about this is how old the "top guys" look right now at 29 to 32.

And to beat a dead horse. Sgarbossa hasn't played a minute and Ritchie needs a full year in San Diego. This was the big urgency in sending down Wagner and Friberg. Just to add salt in the wound this was out there last night.

#NHL teams: Rookie forwards Hits

Virtanen 44
Lindberg 37
Wagner 32
Bennett 31
Larkin 26
Kalinin 23
Brickley 23
Ferraro 22
Salomaki 22
Andreoff 20

#NHL teams: Fewest goals per game

Ducks 1.78
Flyers 1.88
Canes 1.94
Pens 2.06
Leafs 2.22
Wings 2.28
Sabres 2.29
Bolts 2.30
Flames 2.37

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
This team doesn't want to work.

With all the understandable criticism, it's just weird to see that intro after last night's game. Their work ethic was entirely fine last night. They were outplaying a quality team most of the game and were just badly outclassed in a goaltending battle.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Andersen had a bad game... that softie was a mental breakdown. It happens.

Andersen has a 2.48 GAA and ranked 25th overall. Andersen is in the top 20 in SV % with 0.918. In the top 20, he is one of two goalies with a losing record. TB Bishop has 15 games played and a record of 6 wins, 7 losses. Andersen has 14 games with 3 wins, 6 losses.

Khubo, in 7 games, has a SV % of 0.917 and a GAA of 2.44; 4 wins, 4 losses.

So Khubo and Andersen are playing relatively the same, but Andersen has double the sample. Now, lets look at other stats.

Team GA/G: 2.53 goals (14th best in the league)
Team GF/G: 1.79 goals (30th best in the league)

Currently, there's only one team that has a better GA/G than the Ducks' GF/G, NYR with 1.72 goals allowed per game. I guess now would be a good time to cue Taylor Swift's Bad Blood.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Last night Getz played over 22 minutes and had 3 shots.
Perry 19:30 2 shots.
Both played over 5 and 1/2 minutes on the PP.

These are the "go to guys", a little more effort is required IMO.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Thereby defeating the purpose of keeping him down to get starting time and trading for Khudobin in one fell swoop.

Let Koodo take the reins for now. We signed him for the express purpose of having another starting option if Freddy wasn't up to scratch, it's best we use it.

That's a good point. I forgot about that actually. I'm sure we will see Gibby at some point this season. Let's just see what dobby can do cause Freddy has been crap the last few games

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
They played a top team, who's been on fire, have a legitimate top 3 goalie, on a back to back, and didn't quit.

If everyone is going to panic at least be making the appropriate complaints. This game looked like a loss before the season even started.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Honestly, we are lacking finishers. Beleskey and Palmieri were in my opinion legitimately on the way to be breaking out. We have no tenacity in front of the net and everyone is playing way too conservative and soft. We are a faster and weaker team and that has never worked for us.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Honestly, we are lacking finishers. Beleskey and Palmieri were in my opinion legitimately on the way to be breaking out. We have no tenacity in front of the net and everyone is playing way too conservative and soft. We are a faster and weaker team and that has never worked for us.

I don't think Beleskey was going to break out any more than he did last season. To me, that was closer to a career high for Beleskey than it was a sign of a breakout. A lot of things went right for him.

That doesn't mean that we wouldn't be a better team with Beleskey, but breaking out as a 27 year old was likely not in the cards.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I thought we did good. Doesn't make me happy though, but it wasn't a bad effort, especially for a b2b game. We obviously lack finish and also polish. On the PP the passes need to be better and the shots need to get through. I also remember one time Getzlaf going on full bullet time again to let the defense fall back and perfectly position themselves... Just a little thing yeah, but it irks me. And not a great game by Freddy, but we need more offense to win consistently.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah on one rush Getzlaf had the puck on what I believe was a 4-on-2? Maybe 4-on-3? In any case the other 3 guys were driving the net, and Getz pulled up at the half wall and just stood there holding the puck so long that the other players skated past the net, and then dished it back to the 5th guy at the blue line.:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad