Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Did you watch the first period, yes or no?
Lol I didn’t watch a second of the game man.

I don’t think you’ll be able to sell me on a goalie who gave up 6 goals and had 29 saves played amazing though. Maybe he wasn’t the problem but it’s a tough look saying he was amazing.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I’m talking about yesterday’s game buddy. If you’re telling me he was amazing in that game I would say you definitely don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

It was 3-0 in the first and Gibson made 3+ unreal saves.
Through the next two, he got peppered but what seemed like a huge number of great chances. Anyone can talk allmthe crap they want about him tomprop up their own agenda, it’s what these kind of forums are for, but if we had an average goalie this season we’d have a handful of wins at best.

Don’t care about the popularity awards, so rage on, but he is definitely our best player, every night, hands down

Reactions: Rec T

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
RzbnRbJ.gif

Is it time?
The irony in this post is despite the Ducks 10 game losing streak, those same Oilers are still a point behind them in the race...

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Can we send Carlyle down to the AHL to get him some new teaching, or does he have to pass through waivers first? I wouldn’t mind him being claimed to be honest. We can let wild wing coach the team for a bit, can’t be much worse.

Reactions: ES

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
It was 3-0 in the first and Gibson made 3+ unreal saves.
Through the next two, he got peppered but what seemed like a huge number of great chances. Anyone can talk allmthe crap they want about him tomprop up their own agenda, it’s what these kind of forums are for, but if we had an average goalie this season we’d have a handful of wins at best.

Don’t care about the popularity awards, so rage on, but he is definitely our best player, every night, hands down
Not sure where you’re getting this stuff from. I’ve said in this forum and the Vezina forum that he’s been great this year and a probably 3rd for me as of now in Vezina. Don’t think that constitutes raging against him.

This thread was started after last nights loss and then fans started chiming in that Gibson was amazing again last night despite the loss. I said that is crazy talk and no goalie can be considered amazing in a game where they had 29 saves and let in 6 goals.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not sure where you’re getting this stuff from. I’ve said in this forum and the Vezina forum that he’s been great this year and a probably 3rd for me as of now in Vezina. Don’t think that constitutes raging against him.

This thread was started after last nights loss and then fans started chiming in that Gibson was amazing again last night despite the loss. I said that is crazy talk and no goalie can be considered amazing in a game where they had 29 saves and let in 6 goals.
You also said Gibson has led them to a ten game losing streak.

Gibson may not have had a great night but the loss wasn't his fault. Fans of both teams who actually watched the game have said as much.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I don’t know why you’re bringing up Perry to be honest. He hasn’t even played this season and the seasons before he’s been fine. Still getting points, not the same guy he was before but not as bad as Kesler.

I feel like perry gets unfairly lumped in with Kesler in terms of worst contracts on the team that we need to dump/buy out.

It's that they're in their mid-30s and have both sustained fairly significant injuries. Very hard to get back to where you were at that age with that history. Plus I just don't like them, I have a lot of respect for Getzlaf but none for Perry and Kesler.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
It's that they're in their mid-30s and have both sustained fairly significant injuries. Very hard to get back to where you were at that age with that history. Plus I just don't like them, I have a lot of respect for Getzlaf but none for Perry and Kesler.
That’s fair, guess I just have some optimistic approach towards Perry. He’s been playing on a busted knee and still put up respectable points. It’s possible he comes back from the injury slightly better or just the same as he was before surgery, which is still about an additional 50ish points.

S.S. Giggy

RIP 1974-2011
Jun 14, 2002
Getzlaf's Bald Spot
Visit site
That’s fair, guess I just have some optimistic approach towards Perry. He’s been playing on a busted knee and still put up respectable points. It’s possible he comes back from the injury slightly better or just the same as he was before surgery, which is still about an additional 50ish points.
To be fair, I think Dracom has a point to some degree on Perry but it's more based on the dollar amount he's making in proportion to his production. For a player making $8+ million AAV, you'd expect more from him than just 50 points even at his age. I think it's a fair point to say that he hasn't earned his pay for the past 2 years.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If Bob Murray doesn’t fire him this season, he should be axed too.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Is Kesler looking good? His stats says he has 6 points in 42 games and is –16.

This is probably one of those times where you don't have to really ask that. I can't think of the last time a player "looked good", but had absolutely atrocious stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad