Ducks lose franchise record 12th straight game - (Streak ends at 12)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
that was more of a knock on ESPN, the Ducks are just a mess right now. Rehiring Carlyle was the dumbest thing they've done this decade.
I think everyone realizes that.

But Gibson has been amazing, even in the games where he gives up 3-6 goals, youd be shocked at how much worse it coulda been.

Reactions: snipes

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
ESPN: "John Gibson is a good goaltender who should be the frontrunner for the Vezina as well as the Hart!!1!"

>Gives up 7 goals as his team loses their 10th straight

You should watch highlights. He was amazing.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Congrats Ducks, you've lost as many games in your last 10 as the Bolts have the whole season.

The last thing Ducks fans want to hear is how good the Lightning are, no offense dude. Plus, Ducks were one of the few teams to give them a hard time this season.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
that was more of a knock on ESPN, the Ducks are just a mess right now. Rehiring Carlyle was the dumbest thing they've done this decade.

Whoa I actually agree with you on something.
They're almost becoming as bad as the Rangers.

But seriously, Gibson could potentially be wasting peak years there. He has the potential to take home a Vezina on even an average team.

Anaheim is worse than the Rangers right now.
Don't worry guys, it won't get to 11.

Lol you underestimate Anaheim's broken coaching.
John “Vezina” Gibson leads his team to 10th straight loss!
Spoken like someone who didn't watch a single game in that stretch.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It’s a little ridiculous to say a goalie who gave up 6 goals played amazing. It’s not a Canada vs. Denmark game.
He didn't play amazing but it was hardly his fault. After going up 3-0 the Ducks just gave up, again, on trying to defend down low. In the list of reasons for this current losing skid, Gibson is pretty low on the list.

Despite some good saves it certainly wasn't Gibson's best night, but anybody who can say Gibson is "leading" his team to losses either isn't paying attention to the Ducks at all or is watching and is trolling. There's no other option. Gibson is the only reason the Ducks aren't being laughably blown out every night.

And actually with how bad Anaheim has been, it might as well have been a Canada-Denmark game.

Reactions: BHD

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
i think Ducks fans might get what they're asking for after that last game...you're at home up 3-0 at the end of 1st, with a Vezina contender, desperately needing the win after 9 straight losses and you give up 7 goals in 2 periods is fire-able offense.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
He didn't play amazing but it was hardly his fault. After going up 3-0 the Ducks just gave up, again, on trying to defend down low. In the list of reasons for this current losing skid, Gibson is pretty low on the list.

Despite some good saves it certainly wasn't Gibson's best night, but anybody who can say Gibson is "leading" his team to losses either isn't paying attention to the Ducks at all or is watching and is trolling. There's no other option. Gibson is the only reason the Ducks aren't being laughably blown out every night.

And actually with how bad Anaheim has been, it might as well have been a Canada-Denmark game.
My post was clearly satire and I’m not inferring he is the problem but when some fans are saying in here he played amazing in a game he gives up 6 goals that’s a little crazy and the building him up case goes a little far at that point.

I’m a Gibson fan for sure, even if he’s irritating me lately for fantasy reasons. Playing well this year no doubt.

Oct 18, 2011
i think Ducks fans might get what they're asking for after that last game...you're at home up 3-0 at the end of 1st, with a Vezina contender, desperately needing the win after 9 straight losses and you give up 7 goals in 2 periods is fire-able offense.
We lost 4-0 to Edmonton at home.. nothing

We lost to Ottawa at home...nothing

There's only a couple reasons for this, Bob doesn't want to fire his friend again, or ownership doesn't want to pay RC not to coach.

The bigger fear is a damaging trade to chase the playoffs with a team that won't win with this coach.

Perhaps the best thing is to let RC run it into the ground sell off some veterans and restock the organization a bit and try again next year

Oct 18, 2011
It’s a little ridiculous to say a goalie who gave up 6 goals played amazing. It’s not a Canada vs. Denmark game.
You have no idea what you're talking about about. The advanced goalie metrics show that Gibson has played at an extremely elite level this year behind a putrid team. He's the only reason they aren't already bottom 5

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
You have no idea what you're talking about about. The advanced goalie metrics show that Gibson has played at an extremely elite level this year behind a putrid team. He's the only reason they aren't already bottom 5
I’m talking about yesterday’s game buddy. If you’re telling me he was amazing in that game I would say you definitely don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
When RC gets fired, it's gonna be the sweet release. Can't believe it hasn't been done yet.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Without Gibson......I shudder how bad it would be.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
As much as I dislike the Ducks as an Oiler fan I wouldn't wish this evil on my worst enemy. Unless you guys plan on tanking for a few years then he's perfect.

Watch them hire Eakins and they end up with Lafreniere in 2020.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad