GDT: Ducks @ Leafs, 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You can spin it however you want. He let in 6 goals. I just find it interesting that Gibson let in 2 goals (about a week ago?) while having a .936 SV% iirc and one of those goals wasn't even his fault. But, after the game people wanted to trade Gibson and keep Andersen as if he had a horrible game. Andersen let's in 6 goals and did nothing wrong. I won't argue that Gibson has been better this season, he hasn't. But, the reactions are... interesting.

Don't be a hypocrite. Don't admit it wasn't Andersen's fault then complain that people are blaming Gibson irrationally too.

The reasons are that Gibson has been alternating a good, a mediocre, and a bad game every three games starting with January, and Andersen hasn't. As well as they have different flaws. Teams can't game plan around Andersen having a "whoops" moment (unfortunately the Ducks can't reliably plan around him not having one), but they CAN game plan around Gibson being unable to cross the crease with control, having a tendency to lose tracking on the puck with any kind of traffic, and being an absolute basket case on any player who can deke with speed.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Don't be a hypocrite. Don't admit it wasn't Andersen's fault then complain that people are blaming Gibson irrationally too.

The reasons are that Gibson has been alternating a good, a mediocre, and a bad game every three games starting with January, and Andersen hasn't. As well as they have different flaws. Teams can't game plan around Andersen having a "whoops" moment (unfortunately the Ducks can't reliably plan around him not having one), but they CAN game plan around Gibson being unable to cross the crease with control, having a tendency to lose tracking on the puck with any kind of traffic, and being an absolute basket case on any player who can deke with speed.

Wait, what? Maybe I said something incorrectly or you misinterpreted. Was it the part where I said Andersen let in 6 and did nothing wrong? I meant that was what other people's opinions were, not mine.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Wait, what? Maybe I said something incorrectly or you misinterpreted. Was it the part where I said Andersen let in 6 and did nothing wrong? I meant that was what other people's opinions were, not mine.

You're pointing out that people complain about Gibson's game when things aren't his fault, but you can't explain how this loss was on Andersen (as far as what goals he should have stopped) and still seem to be implying the loss is on Andersen. To me, that's the same thing. My apologies if I misunderstood your point.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
You're pointing out that people complain about Gibson's game when things aren't his fault, but you can't explain how this loss was on Andersen (as far as what goals he should have stopped) and still seem to be implying the loss is on Andersen. To me, that's the same thing. My apologies if I misunderstood your point.

The loss wasn't completely on Andersen but he certainly played a part in it. Again, 6 goals. And that one goal where he kicked the rebound out in front (on what was basically a pass not a shot when you look at how hard that shot was) was on him and could have been the difference between a win or a loss.

I've admitted that Andersen has been better this season. But how he can let in 6 goals with a .769 SV% and get a pass while Gibson can't with a .936% is ridiculous to me. One resulted in "trade Gibson" and the other "the team played badly".

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The loss wasn't completely on Andersen but he certainly played a part in it. Again, 6 goals. And that one goal where he kicked the rebound out in front (on what was basically a pass not a shot when you look at how hard that shot was) was on him and could have been the difference between a win or a loss.

I've admitted that Andersen has been better this season. But how he can let in 6 goals with a .769 SV% and get a pass while Gibson can't with a .936% is ridiculous to me. One resulted in "trade Gibson" and the other "the team played badly".

Yeah, that's the one I said was on him. I also think the second PP goal against him was salable (although not a gimme). Freddy could have won this but I don't think it's remotely fair to say that he lost it. The PP coverages were embarrassing.

I think he gets a pass because they had 5 defensemen, only two of who played like they belonged in a top 4 (not top pairing) in the NHL. Manson was atrocious, Holzer and Stoner were Holzer and Stoner.

I don't remember the trade Gibson talk specifically after that game. I think that the issue has been that he's been letting in soft goals (Freddy's problem) as if not more reliably than Freddy has for about the last month though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad