GDT: Ducks @ Kings | 7PM SoCali time | Topless Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Andersen gave up a couple of bad ones no doubt about that, but most of them were directed to the corner. That one you mentioned was probably the only really bad one he gave up.

I just don't feel it's a shot Hiller should be giving a rebound, it was straight down his throat almost, great hand eye by Richards though. Hiller did make some big saves coming in to keep it at 2-1 at the time, just didn't like that rebound.

I'm not sure who will start Game 4, you would think Hiller but with Andersen starting it seems BB is weary of Hiller's record at Staples to a certain degree. Starting Gibson would be a big decision, not one I see that's impossible either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled with that rebound, I just don't think that he should be crucified for it either. It was a damn good goal by Richards.

manspaceman

Jan 16, 2014
I shaved my beard after game 2 loss to the Kings and now without it they finally got a win against them :laugh:

Nothing to do with shaving, everything to do with a certain roster change in the D-men... ;)

Selanne scoring, perfect!

Great victory, too bad Beleskey and Andersen got hit.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I did not shave but as I mentioned before the game, I dropped my throwback which was 0-2, for the Pronger jersey which I wore for the Dallas series. Pronger until the end of the playoffs now.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
You can't shave the beard, only trim. Playoff beard 101, c'mon guys :sarcasm:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled with that rebound, I just don't think that he should be crucified for it either. It was a damn good goal by Richards.
Yeah that's fair enough. I'm not (or trying to) crucify him, just not a great rebound to give up in the situation is all.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Great game. I don't agree with Bruce, but:

@AnaheimDucks: #NHLDucks praised Vatanen for his game tonight. "He was the best player on the ice for both teams tonight." #BattleforSoCal

I thought Fowler was the best player.

Yeah his last couple games weren't exactly duds, but they weren't his best. Much better effort out of him tonight. Overall from the half of the game I did see the entire blueline did what they needed to. Not more which is what we will likely need going forward, but just enough.

What annoyed me on the second goal was that the puck going up in the air filled our defenders and forwards with so much panic that they just planted their feet and swiped at the puck rather than press up on the forward in the slot or trying to get down in front of a potential shooting lane. Hiller's reaction was slow, but that's not really his fault. Even the best goalies can't expect every shot to be knocked in out of midair.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
You of course are twisting my words, i said my preference was to not MAKE him start in the top 4 and shelter his minutes since we didn't know how he would handle playoff hockey and i'm pretty sure that was one of the reasons robidas was acquired, to not put so much on him.

Earlier in the playoffs, his minutes were being sheltered, now with robidas out he is getting more because he's shown he can handle it

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1559527&highlight=lindholm+bottom&page=36

Post 899. The thread is locked, but here is your exact quote.

as i said before the trade deadline about lindholm, we cannot have him playing top 4 going into the playoffs, we need to ease him in, it's no surprise he's struggling ATM with other teams going into the playoff drive, desperate for points

The only twisting of words here is by you. You even emphasize that you made the point on more than one occasion. But now it was only a preference, right? :)

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
As much as I hate to quote Corsi Corey....

Cörey Masisak ‏@cmasisak22 22m
Boudreau said he looked at the career records for his goalies at Staples Center and that's why he chose Andersen over Hiller

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Ducks scouting staff drafted our #1 with the 6th pick. He may have a sophomore slump, but at the very soonest his third year in the NHL he will be our #1. Book it.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Thought kings got away with murder and wish ducks would adjust play.They are to clean especially uhh front of the net.Just clear out like Allen and Jeff Carter.Think we got lucky to get lead because kings are a current team playing from behind. Two goal lead ala lovejoy was huge especially with kings luck.

Getting a little worried ducks are starting to wear down and kings are becoming the aggressors physically since midway through game two

Tony O

May 31, 2011
As much as I hate to quote Corsi Corey....

Cörey Masisak ‏@cmasisak22 22m
Boudreau said he looked at the career records for his goalies at Staples Center and that's why he chose Andersen over Hiller

Yes, BB’s comments at the post game presser were quite telling. He said the reason he started Andresen was do to the fact the Hiller is 0 and 7 at Staples and Andresen was 2 and 0 at Staples.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Glad Andersen is walking without a limp. Smart decision by BB for starting Andersen over Hiller considering Hiller's record against them at Staples. If Freddie can go Saturday he better be back in there

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
My heart has just now finally started beating normal. That game was driving me go crazy, take those brooms and shove em up ur ass LA

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Anyone have a clip of short bus brown's hit on Beleskey? I didn't see the replay.

Lindholm looked really good tonight, so poised with the puck. Really loved the backchecking through the neutral zone by the forwards tonight, even the 43 year old was busting his ass coming back through the neutral zone. What ever special Finnish moose steak Sirpa is feeding him before the games is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad