GDT: Ducks @ Kings | 7PM SoCali time | Topless Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
Didn't watch the game. Have so many readings to do. So glad the Ducks got the victory. Looks like the power play picked it up. Sucks about Matty and Freddie, but how did the Ducks play overall?

Oct 18, 2011
i hope belesky is not to hurt. he makes that first line go for some reason.
i think we can insert DSP there and be OK, I know DSP didn't look great there in his time before, but he's playing alot better now, the puck is following him and eventually he's gonna put one in

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
There's no way the Bob gets the call over Gibson.

And Sami played a decent game even though there were a couple of moments. If he can be that safe all the time that would be a big step forward.

Maroon really keeps impressing me with his development this year. He's becoming a real NHLer. Great game. Magnus...what can you say? The kid keeps impressing including in his first playoffs. Gotta love that kid.

And in the department of credit where credit is due, Jonas made a couple of big saves, cold, with a one goal lead. If he gives one up there, the Rev never scores and who knows how it turns out. It's good he will be starting the next game with confidence again.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
488861769_slide.jpg

488861755_slide.jpg

SelanneDucks8

Dec 6, 2013
Florida
What's with the blame game... People we won can we go a night and just enjoy it for a sec, plus we have Getzy's birthday party to plan at the Staples Center on Saturday

Oct 18, 2011
Lindholm has been incredible in the playoffs.....was a beast again tonight, he's jumping into plays more, he's confident

ducks4grt

Oct 27, 2009
Great game. Few breakdowns but overall so solid. Fowler was excellent tonight so was Vats and Allen. Imo kings played same way they played all 3 games uninspired we stoped hitting and played a good strategy (same as reg season vs them) and it works. We could of been up 3-0 in the series with just a little luck.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I think Perry's stick breaking might have something to do with the slash Doughty made on his stick after the offside. I think it broke in the same place as the slash.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Great game. I don't agree with Bruce, but:

@AnaheimDucks: #NHLDucks praised Vatanen for his game tonight. "He was the best player on the ice for both teams tonight." #BattleforSoCal

I thought Fowler was the best player.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Gibson will be recalled if Andersen is out.

NHL comes before AHL.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Andersen was spitting huge rebounds right up the middle all night. Including on the sequence where they should have scored and he hurt himself.
Andersen gave up a couple of bad ones no doubt about that, but most of them were directed to the corner. That one you mentioned was probably the only really bad one he gave up.

I just don't feel it's a shot Hiller should be giving a rebound, it was straight down his throat almost, great hand eye by Richards though. Hiller did make some big saves coming in to keep it at 2-1 at the time, just didn't like that rebound.

I'm not sure who will start Game 4, you would think Hiller but with Andersen starting it seems BB is weary of Hiller's record at Staples to a certain degree. Starting Gibson would be a big decision, not one I see that's impossible either.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Great game. I don't agree with Bruce, but:

@AnaheimDucks: #NHLDucks praised Vatanen for his game tonight. "He was the best player on the ice for both teams tonight." #BattleforSoCal

I thought Fowler was the best player.

Bruce is a players' coach. I give him a lot of credit. The team played well and you could've made that comment about a few different guys, including Sami. He chose a guy who might've needed the most confidence boost. It was a smart move.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Silfverberg also had a good game. Heck, most of the team played well. Limdholm is amazing. We really are spoiled. Allen looks so much more comfortable with Vatanen.

Oct 18, 2011
:laugh: Don't I recall you insisting he was only capable of a bottom pairing role in the playoffs?
You of course are twisting my words, i said my preference was to not MAKE him start in the top 4 and shelter his minutes since we didn't know how he would handle playoff hockey and i'm pretty sure that was one of the reasons robidas was acquired, to not put so much on him.

Earlier in the playoffs, his minutes were being sheltered, now with robidas out he is getting more because he's shown he can handle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce