GDT: Ducks @ Kings 7:30 PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
That Manson fight made me all giddy. That was a sight to behold. And that hit from Wagner.

Love the truculence...makes me think of 2007 all over again. :)

Beating the Kings always feels good no matter what.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Just saw the replay of the Manson/Lucic fight.

Gotta say, pretty brave of Manson. I'm sure he earned some points with teammates and Coaching staff on that.

I felt he got a little lucky just because Lucic is much bigger than him. Glad to he didn't get hit directly with one of those shots, would have been bad.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
They didn't show it on TV for whatever reason, but you should have seen how many ducks went over to the penalty box to tap the kid

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Just saw the replay of the Manson/Lucic fight.

Gotta say, pretty brave of Manson. I'm sure he earned some points with teammates and Coaching staff on that.

I felt he got a little lucky just because Lucic is much bigger than him. Glad to he didn't get hit directly with one of those shots, would have been bad.

Dave Manson was one of the best fighters there ever was. It's bad to get hit but I don't think it was luck that Josh was able to avoid it. It's a skill like any other.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Dave Manson was one of the best fighters there ever was. It's bad to get hit but I don't think it was luck that Josh was able to avoid it. It's a skill like any other.

Yeah, I would be very happy if he just turned out to be Dave Manson. We haven't had that kind of mean on the team in a very long time. He was like young, crazy Pronger level mean.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Dave Manson was insane. I only caught the latter bit of his career but I still loved watching him play.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
That Manson fight made me all giddy. That was a sight to behold. And that hit from Wagner.

Love the truculence...makes me think of 2007 all over again. :)

Beating the Kings always feels good no matter what.

The best part of it is that all the Kings analysts could say is how big and scary Lucic is, and the Ducks seemed to be targeting him. They definitely weren't shying away from him.

Few thoughts of mine on the game:

Perry dominated, and he seemed to be half assing it some of the time.

I do not like Cogs with Perry. I think Rakell-Perry is fine though (if Bruce continues to insist on separating the twins).

Rakell and Khudobin were our best two players.

Vatanen and Stewart were freaking terrible. Not sure WTF is going on with Vatanen, but he was ****. Stewart is Penner 2.0. I see him being healthy scratched most of the time. I was very disappointed in Horcoff as well. Thompson looks like a much more superior player IMO. This is the first game I've seen him in a Ducks sweater though, so hopefully it was just a bad game.

Was very impressed with Bieksa again. Santorelli is a good grinder. Looks like he's going to be a solid addition.

Friberg and Ritchie both have potential but neither should get more than a few games this year.

Wagner was okay.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
The best part of it is that all the Kings analysts could say is how big and scary Lucic is, and the Ducks seemed to be targeting him. They definitely weren't shying away from him.

I was thinking of the same thing yesterday too. they made it sound that here was the big bad lucic, and the guys didnt *****foot around him. i cant remember who went after lucic just after the draw on center ice, but that sure got his attention that the Ducks weren't gonna lay off the hits even on him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I forgot to mention that Manson being able to play the left side is huge. It definitely makes Stoner expendable.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Lucic looked awful last night. Not big and scary but slow and uninvolved. I know it's only preseason but Id be so happy if he continued to decline and scored only 15 or so goals. It would be awesome if he became LA's whipping boy.

Fox was shilling like a used car salesman when talking about him. It's almost like he was trying to convince both himself and Kings fans that Lucic is the same guy from 3-4 years ago. He didn't look anything like that guy.

On another note, Kings fans are already dropping their famous, "we're built for the playoffs" line with respect to their offensive ineptness. ALREADY!!!!!! Newsflash: you need to make the playoffs to be built for them.

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Lucic looked awful last night. Not big and scary but slow and uninvolved. I know it's only preseason but Id be so happy if he continued to decline and scored only 15 or so goals. It would be awesome if he became LA's whipping boy.

Fox was shilling like a used car salesman when talking about him. It's almost like he was trying to convince both himself and Kings fans that Lucic is the same guy from 3-4 years ago. He didn't look anything like that guy.

On another note, Kings fans are already dropping their famous, "we're built for the playoffs" line with respect to their offensive ineptness. ALREADY!!!!!! Newsflash: you need to make the playoffs to be built for them.

No ****.

In case anyone here needed to know.. Lucic is 6'4-235. They mentioned that 6616513161535138143 times during their broadcast. My wife, who wasn't even watching the game, but in the room, even said "why do they keep saying that?"

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
No ****.

In case anyone here needed to know.. Lucic is 6'4-235. They mentioned that 6616513161535138143 times during their broadcast. My wife, who wasn't even watching the game, but in the room, even said "why do they keep saying that?"

Is that bigger or smaller than 19 year old NHL player Sam Bennett?

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Lucic definitely looked half interested in that fight. he only showed life after that hit to the cheek. He could have destroyed manson but I think he didn't care and just saw it as a kid trying to make a point.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

What a prospect, he is a fan favorite in the making. He speaks better than many reporters :laugh: Great attitude too
Lucic definitely looked half interested in that fight. he only showed life after that hit to the cheek. He could have destroyed manson but I think he didn't care and just saw it as a kid trying to make a point.
Not sure about that. Lucic would like to cut Manson too, not being the only one with the blood on his face. And Lucic was catching his breath much more than Manson did, after the fight.
Lucic is still a great fighter but Manson clearly held his own there

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
You can tell Manson has benefited from his dad being a long time NHLer in more ways than one. Even in that interview, he's a lot more polished than most inexperienced players are. I think he's going to play a long time in this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad