OT: Ducks hire Steve Tambellini as part time scout

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
B. Murray: "So, update us on our scouts. OHL, that's Tambellini's jurisdiction. Steve, what do you think?"
Tambo: "... still evaluating"

Jun 9, 2011
Glad to hear that. I actually liked him. He was awkward with the media, but I liked his conservative approach to trades.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
- If the Oilers ever amount to anything he will be given credit for building the team.
- So far there is little difference between Tambo and MacT, MacT's big move was getting Perron but his other moves are all pretty well Tamboesque and his last speech was very Tamboesque.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Far and away yes, but I would say he won the Sutton for Foster deal, too bad about Sutton's health.

Even healthy, Sutton was a 3rd pairing defenseman. It's still a win because it was an upgrade, not matter how small of one. He also upgraded from Jacques to Eager and Stortini/MacIntyre to Hordichuk. He did make improvements in some areas, but we're talking about 4th liners for slightly better and far more expensive 4th liners.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Even healthy, Sutton was a 3rd pairing defenseman. It's still a win because it was an upgrade, not matter how small of one. He also upgraded from Jacques to Eager and Stortini/MacIntyre to Hordichuk. He did make improvements in some areas, but we're talking about 4th liners for slightly better and far more expensive 4th liners.

Khabby was also a pretty good backup goalie improvement from Deslauriers, even if they were paying him 3.75M per year. :sarcasm:

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
- If the Oilers ever amount to anything he will be given credit for building the team.
- So far there is little difference between Tambo and MacT, MacT's big move was getting Perron but his other moves are all pretty well Tamboesque and his last speech was very Tamboesque.

For better or worse, I have my doubts that Tambellini would have traded Smid away, or signed Bryzgalov. Certainly Tambellini would not have done the Perron trade.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Tamby's already got all the "credit" he'll ever get - for "building" a team that nearly set NHL records for futility.
If this team ever gets anywhere none of the credit will go to Tamby. None.

I pity you if you can't see the difference. This is one of the most astonishing posts I've ever seen on hfoil.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Oh tambo....

15-3%28tamb%29%28SMALL%29.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad