OT: Ducks hire Steve Tambellini as part time scout

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Good for Tambi. Probably not getting a GM gig any time soon, but it's nice to see him in the NHL again. I still think the guy was handcuffed working for the Oilers, so I wish him the best and hopefully he can prove some people wrong.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Good for Tambi. Probably not getting a GM gig any time soon, but it's nice to see him in the NHL again. I still think the guy was handcuffed working for the Oilers, so I wish him the best and hopefully he can prove some people wrong.

He never even looked for the keys.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver

Nah, why would he? He was hired as a placeholder during a rebuild and probably didn't get the final say on transactions. Got a couple mil in his pocket now, doesn't help his rep but still a pretty sweet deal.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Was that a good deke, or not? Hm..

Wait, should I be at the game instead of watching it on FSN? Hm...

Wait, should I be watching the game on my TV instead of my phone? Hm..

I'm glad he has a job, and even more glad that it's not with the Oilers.

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
1zv.gif

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Why would he? He signed on knowing full well he was supposed to lose.
He just wanted a GM job so bad after getting passed over for years in Vancouver .... Katz selected well. I suspect he has a nose for desperation.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Untill he gets better at communicating he wont sit in the big chair again

Citrus Fruits

Oct 6, 2013
Good for the guy. Probably still wondering what he should have had for breakfast 8 months ago. I hope he does poorly in his new job because **** the Pacific.

Oct 15, 2008
taking a scouting job after being a GM is akin to MacT taking an AHL coaching job with the Canucks

Except Tambellini is working in the NHL. And lots of former gm's take scouting positions. NHL ex-head coaches that are worth a sniff are able to get a job coaching another nhl team.

Oct 15, 2008
You're insufferable with that, geez. We get it, you hate Craig MacTavish, you're not the only one, take a number and get in line.

I can recall you and others telling all of us that Mact could get a NHL head job whenever he wanted.

Thanks for the laughs Jimmi.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad