Confirmed with Link: Ducks hire Ryan Getzlaf as Player Development Coordinator

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
duck-nice.gif

Adding size and grit to our management staff. Will be handy when Cronin mix things up with Torts or Babcock in an intermission

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
You think he made that much outside of his salary? I can remember 1 home depot commercial with him from like 2008. Can you think of anything else?
Not really. Maybe some gear endorsements/sponsorships. Also we have no idea of what investments he's made.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I'm ecstatic to hear this. I was one of those that was lead to believe PV chased him out of town. Granted, his perceived path may have changed, but either way, I'll be glad to be wrong!

Reactions: Kalv

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
happy for Getzlaf. Seems like a good guy with a unique game that will be able to guide other players of different types.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I would be shocked if he has 40 mil. He made 95 in his career, so take 50% of that in taxes and agents, plus whatever he has spent.
Bro, have you seen what the stock market and real estate market has done over the course of his career?

Plus advertisements, etc

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes
Oct 18, 2011
Alright I'll be the prick here...what exactly makes him qualified for this? I feel like we have a player development problem, how is he going to fix it?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Alright I'll be the prick here...what exactly makes him qualified for this? I feel like we have a player development problem, how is he going to fix it?
Would you rather use some guy in a suit and never gone through the levels of hockey and grinds of the season and offseason?

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

Well remember, hes not the only guy here, hes the coordinator. He will work along side the Director of player Development. Also, direct from his mouth "I would also like to thank Pat and his staff for giving me the chance to come in and learn, as well as help where I can."

Hes going to be learning the ins and outs of this and probably other roles and helping out where he can. Im guessing here but it seems like this is just getting him in the door so he can start to see where his skills are best utilized while giving him the ability to work with the kids a bit and impart some wisdom coming from the Organizations longest tenured Captain and player.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Here's what former Director of Player Development Todd Marchant did for the Ducks, from the Gulls official website:

It really starts on the draft day. That’s when we start to communicate, and we use that word a lot because that’s what we do – we communicate with these players. When they get drafted on draft day, we start working with them right away. If they’re at the draft, we’re meeting their families, we’re talking to them, we’re making arrangements for development camp, which usually happens right after and then we bring them into Anaheim for four or five days to show them around. We get to train them, show them how we do things in our organization and then they go off on their own.
Periodically, throughout the year, we go out and see them. We see them play live, on video, we’re talking to them constantly throughout the season, both good and bad. These kids are 18 years old and have a lot of growing to do both on and off the ice. It’s our job to help prepare them for pro hockey, and whether they’re playing in Europe, Juniors or the NCAA, we get out to see them quite often throughout the season. After games, we go down and talk to them, their coaches, advisors and parents. It’s kind of like having more kids really. I have kids about that age so I know how to communicate with them.

Getz could be travelling a lot in this new position of his.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Bro, have you seen what the stock market and real estate market has done over the course of his career?

Plus advertisements, etc

If 10 years ago he took 20 mil of that and only got a 12% APY, which would be really low for someone who has that kind of money, he’d have 62 million just from that.

It’s really very easy to make a lot of money when you have a lot of money.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If 10 years ago he took 20 mil of that and only got a 12% APY, which would be really low for someone who has that kind of money, he’d have 62 million just from that.

It’s really very easy to make a lot of money when you have a lot of money.
Yes, even with insane spending habits it's very easy to imagine his net worth around 100 million

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Verbeek has to hate someone in the Preds organization.

Getzlaf moves to Nashville and PV brings him into the organization just in time for Getz to announce the 2OA pick at Bridgestone.

Great move PV.

John

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad