GDT: Ducks @ Hawks, 5:30 P.M. Romance Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Sekac with the least amount of ice time of all players.

Tonight's game has Hawks fans starting to turn on him, as well. I think when he arrived, they were on a long winning streak, and they've been decidedly average since (despite him not playing much at first).

Ducks were as good today as they wer bad against Columbus
That's a good way to put it.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
I like Garbutt on the Getzlaf line. He is a little unknown as far as how close to the edge he will go and he seems to play well the Getzlaf and Perron... even if it is only 1 game.

I think I rather have Zolnierczyk on the 4th line and not play Ritchie. A lot of people are so high on Ritchie, and he will probably get there, but I'd rather hold off right now. Z seems to have some speed and he is not afraid to hit.

John

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Finally, the Captain wins us a game in OT instead of losing it for us.

Well deserved. Beat the Hawks and the refs tonight.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I like Garbutt on the Getzlaf line. He is a little unknown as far as how close to the edge he will go and he seems to play well the Getzlaf and Perron... even if it is only 1 game.

I think I rather have Zolnierczyk on the 4th line and not play Ritchie. A lot of people are so high on Ritchie, and he will probably get there, but I'd rather hold off right now. Z seems to have some speed and he is not afraid to hit.

John

It probably had more to do with them not wanting to throw a rookie in against the Hawks.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I missed the game how were they in suppressing shots specifically HD? They have been pretty bad this road trip for a trap team

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
They're a dominant defensive team when they dedicate themselves to the trap. Holding Chicago to nothing the entire game (let's be honest, they didn't do anything special the entire game, a couple lucky goals) is extremely impressive

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Lindholm has had some huge hits lately, the one on Kopitar and this beauty tonight...

I can't remember any of our young D ever making a hit like these lol

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lindholm has had some huge hits lately, the one on Kopitar and this beauty tonight...

Sbisa did

Seems that Hampus is showing all the tricks he have to drive up the price maybe?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That was a great road game, gave Chicago nothing for most of the game and if it wasn't for some garbage bounces that one was over in regulation.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

my reaction watching the hit with my teammates after our tournament game

AppropriateSnarlingAvocet.gif

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
+1 to Bruce for daring to give Garbutt a go up front. He's not going to set the world on fire, but he's got the makings of a useful utility player beyond the limited 4th line role.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
They're a dominant defensive team when they dedicate themselves to the trap. Holding Chicago to nothing the entire game (let's be honest, they didn't do anything special the entire game, a couple lucky goals) is extremely impressive
Kinda like the game at Staples a couple weeks ago. Held the Kings to nothing.

Encouraging displays against top teams in the West.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy

Vitaly Vishnevskiy did this few times, it seems like ages ago.

I'm glad Getzlaf scored the game winner, since basically he costed us the W the last time against Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad