GDT: Ducks @ Flo-Rida 4:30 Best Coast Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Impressed with Ritchie's improvement game to game, 4 SOG last night, something badly needed on the Kesler line.

Andersen again with another terrible goal, he's the reason this road trip isn't off to a 3-0 start, I don't believe we can win in the playoffs with him you just can't have a goalie that consistently gives up bad goals and expect to win when the margin of error is so small

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Impressed with Ritchie's improvement game to game, 4 SOG last night, something badly needed on the Kesler line.

Andersen again with another terrible goal, he's the reason this road trip isn't off to a 3-0 start, I don't believe we can win in the playoffs with him you just can't have a goalie that consistently gives up bad goals and expect to win when the margin of error is so small

Sure you can - Niemi has a Cup. You just can't do it unless the rest of the team is top notch. It's unlikely THIS team can do it, that I'll agree, but I sincerely doubt this team could win with Roy.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Sure you can - Niemi has a Cup. You just can't do it unless the rest of the team is top notch. It's unlikely THIS team can do it, that I'll agree, but I sincerely doubt this team could win with Roy.

Is this your opinion on the team even with their potential, or how they are playing currently? I think if this team plays to its potential we still are a top contender. Now that is all riding on them reaching that potential and figuring out the issues we have seen to start the season. I still can see us figuring it out and showing why so many picked us to take it before the season started. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic though :laugh:

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

I guess that's true but I mean he only let in 1 goal last night. If it's 1 softy a game but his gaa is still only around the low 2s that's pretty good.

Certainly frustrating though

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
I guess that's true but I mean he only let in 1 goal last night. If it's 1 softy a game but his gaa is still only around the low 2s that's pretty good.

Certainly frustrating though

his numbers may be good, but every game is won or lost by just one goal, regardless of the final score.

plus a bad goal at the wrong time can derail any comeback the boys might be mounting.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Soooo Ritchie>sekac?

I would say definitely. He's definitely got room to grow but at the very least he's great in the corners and is getting some quality chances. Given his finishing ability he's going to start producing if he keeps this up.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Is this your opinion on the team even with their potential, or how they are playing currently? I think if this team plays to its potential we still are a top contender. Now that is all riding on them reaching that potential and figuring out the issues we have seen to start the season. I still can see us figuring it out and showing why so many picked us to take it before the season started. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic though :laugh:

It's my current view. We don't have the defensemen to truly play shutdown D, and our forwards are like someone went shopping on the island of misfit toys. We have 2/3 of a lot of ok-decent lines, but not one SOLID line on the entire team. I'm also well on record (and well excoriated for it) the entire summer for saying that BM had removed too many goal scorers from the team, and that the loss of hitting from Beleskey and Thompson would be an issue. I think this team should make the playoffs because the Pacific is abysmal, but I can't see them winning a 7 game series against another conference the way they are currently composed.

We are the Kings without Quick, Doughty, Williams, and Carter.

his numbers may be good, but every game is won or lost by just one goal, regardless of the final score.

plus a bad goal at the wrong time can derail any comeback the boys might be mounting.

It's a 3-2 league right now. Every team (with three glaring exceptions) scores 2 goals per game. Our offense can't get to 3.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
It's my current view. We don't have the defensemen to truly play shutdown D, and our forwards are like someone went shopping on the island of misfit toys. We have 2/3 of a lot of ok-decent lines, but not one SOLID line on the entire team. I'm also well on record (and well excoriated for it) the entire summer for saying that BM had removed too many goal scorers from the team, and that the loss of hitting from Beleskey and Thompson would be an issue. I think this team should make the playoffs because the Pacific is abysmal, but I can't see them winning a 7 game series against another conference the way they are currently composed.

We are the Kings without Quick, Doughty, Williams, and Carter.

Fair assessment. I agree that BM really did lose alot of goal scoring during the off season, and we can't rely on the spare parts he brought in to have career years or match a career year. However, I feel this group has more to show, and if we make the right addition at the deadline we could make a strong push.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Fair assessment. I agree that BM really did lose alot of goal scoring during the off season, and we can't rely on the spare parts he brought in to have career years or match a career year. However, I feel this group has more to show, and if we make the right addition at the deadline we could make a strong push.

I agree, a couple pieces could help dramatically.

I am upset beyond belief that BM is spending a lot of his "bullets" fixing self inflicted wounds rather than really improving the team though.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I agree, a couple pieces could help dramatically.

I am upset beyond belief that BM is spending a lot of his "bullets" fixing self inflicted wounds rather than really improving the team though.

No argument here. I wish he'd just make a plan and stick with it, instead of playing monkey see, monkey do, and always being behind the curve. Make our own damn identity, we aren't the kings or the Hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany