GDT: Ducks @ Flo-Rida 4:30 Best Coast Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDucks*

So, a third line player may potentially be a journeyman? Is that supposed to be insightful in some way?

Oh, he's a third liner? Judging by the way he's talked about around here, I thought he was some sort of God or something

Last edited by a moderator:

DaDucks*

Nice two-way game from Kesler. Ritchie is a force, hopefully his confidence with the puck outside of the offensive zone grows. Hamp's play is starting to come around again.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
I think the NHL may believe Florida only has a short time before relocating and so they were not bothered to wait a few extra years for Seattle, who I think they really want in the league, to get their arena deal sorted out and willing to run with a few more years of unbalanced conferences by giving Quebec the other expansion franchise now instead of having them wait for an Eastern team to relocate.

I think the Las Vegas expansion team would go to the Pacific division and Quebec expansion would go to whatever division Florida is in and then when Florida relocates to some Western city (most likely Seattle if there's an arena, maybe Portland, Kansas City, Houston, Milwaukee) then the conferences and divisions would finally be equal.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good to get the win, they've played solid hockey last couple of games so hopefully they can get something going.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
I thought this was hilarious because of the way the Florida announcers were crying that Jagr got high-sticked when he was down along the boards...

jagr.jpg

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
I thought this was hilarious because of the way the Florida announcers were crying that Jagr got high-sticked when he was down along the boards...

jagr.jpg

to me that looks like a high stick by a Lindholm than Reilly Smith. you can see Smith's stick perpendicular to the boards, with the butt end of his stick clearly visible inside his right glove.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
to me that looks like a high stick by a Lindholm than Reilly Smith. you can see Smith's stick perpendicular to the boards, with the butt end of his stick clearly visible inside his right glove.

I believe you're right on that one, pretty sure that's Lindholm's trying to run his blade through the mullet. What do you think the odds are the fan at the end still joined his friends in yelling at the ref about it?

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
That was a really decent game. Wish we just had more finish so I wouldn't have to stay on the edge even when the shots are like 40-20. Ritchie with a solid 4 shots and 7 hits. Seems like he's getting more confident and comfortable out there and should get a goal soon.

I don't know what was going on with Bieksa and MacKenzie there, but god damn I was mad at Bieksa for being an idiot that he is. I mean, what the **** was he thinking? I get it that MacK might've had fooled him, but why would he bother dropping the gloves in that situation?

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
I'm not even mad at Bieksa for what he did. I didn't really get the feeling that Florida was all that threatening. I'm definitely in the minority here but I'm all for Bieksa not taking **** from a guy that he was clearly jawing back and forth with before the big hit.

Top it off with how he goaded Bieksa into dropping the gloves then going into turtle-mode AND how he was smirking on the bench like a punk. I'm not even mad. I was hoping someone would have caught MacKenzie with a solid hit. Though that shorthanded goal probably took the smirk off his face.

Anyway, it was a good game overall. Like most here, I hope this is the level they can sustain. I want to sit down to watch a game and actually feel like this will be a win lol.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
I'm not even mad at Bieksa for what he did. I didn't really get the feeling that Florida was all that threatening. I'm definitely in the minority here but I'm all for Bieksa not taking **** from a guy that he was clearly jawing back and forth with before the big hit.

Top it off with how he goaded Bieksa into dropping the gloves then going into turtle-mode AND how he was smirking on the bench like a punk. I'm not even mad. I was hoping someone would have caught MacKenzie with a solid hit. Though that shorthanded goal probably took the smirk off his face.

I actually agree with you. sure that penalty took away the Ducks' momentum, by mackenzie clearly was trying to incite something. if anything they missed calling one on the panthers too because bjugdstad came in and started **** too. why bieksa was the only one in the box was stupid.

i also called for a shot at mackenzie for that. but in the end, the shortie was the karma they got.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX

Didn't see it, but now we know why the refs didn't call it. I'm old and vision is shot so good catch on your part.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Ritchie has definitely looked to be starting to get comfortable out there. And the best thing I think about having him up here is that he really balances out our lineup and makes it so everyone is on the line they should be on.

1st line: They look to be set, and what a compliment to Rakell for taking that chance and running with it, he deserves it with his play. He plays well with the twins but he is also skilled enough to create his own chances which is where Maroon fell short on that line.

2nd line: Kesler and Silfverberg are back together, and Ritchie is opening alot of space with his hits and getting solid chances as well.

3rd line: This is right where Hagelin and Cogs should be, and I feel this could be one of the better third lines we've had since the Cogliano koivu winnik line. They have some shifts that are really a treat to watch.

4th line: This is the best spot for maroon and Stewart. Santo looks good here and once Thompson comes back I'd use a combination of him with whichever two of maroon, Stewart, and Santo are playing well.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I actually agree with you. sure that penalty took away the Ducks' momentum, by mackenzie clearly was trying to incite something. if anything they missed calling one on the panthers too because bjugdstad came in and started **** too. why bieksa was the only one in the box was stupid.

i also called for a shot at mackenzie for that. but in the end, the shortie was the karma they got.

I kinda agree, but the problem is Bieska has taken alot of stupid late penalties this season, so it's not like it's out of the blue for him.

That being said, he probably shoulda just gotten his money's worth and pummeled the guy... and taken an extra 2 for an instigator... (even though it was Mackenzie that really instigated that!) I really hate the retaliatory penalty. it's just not fair that a guy gets a free shot, but the one to return the favor is almost always the one to go. The NHL set an example for this long ago, and it's annoyed me forever.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
I kinda agree, but the problem is Bieska has taken alot of stupid late penalties this season, so it's not like it's out of the blue for him.

That being said, he probably shoulda just gotten his money's worth and pummeled the guy... and taken an extra 2 for an instigator... (even though it was Mackenzie that really instigated that!) I really hate the retaliatory penalty. it's just not fair that a guy gets a free shot, but the one to return the favor is almost always the one to go. The NHL set an example for this long ago, and it's annoyed me forever.

oh no doubt that juice has been taking all sorts of dumb penalties. but that one he got short changed. he should have dropped mackenzie and earn those 2 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany