GDT: Ducks @ Flames 4pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytduxfan*

This. Our PK, scoring chances and PP have been pretty bad ever since fowler came back not saying it's all because of him maybe by him coming back it messed with the chemistry that was formed.

Let me sit in my armored tank while you all get the pitch forks and torches out

PK = is bad because we're missing Horcoff and the numbers were bound to drop with the loss of Hagelin. No surprise there. We're still running at ~83%, which is top 10 in the league.

Scoring chances = no idea what you're talking about. We're scoring a tonne right now and Fowler has 5 assists in the last 2 games.

PP = We just got 3 PP goals last night. Fowler assisted on one of them and he got an assist the other night in CHI on a 4-on-4 play. Is he better than Lindholm in that role? I'm not sure. But he's not the problem with the PP, which is currently 12th in the league (problem? what problem?).

I'm more concerned with the fact that the defensive coverage has been appaling in three of the 5 games on the road trip than with catching the Kings. Not good, at all.

Agreed, but I think that has a lot more to do with Despres - Vatanen and Fowler - Bieksa lacking chemistry. I simply cannot understand why BB has decided not to put Fowler - Despres back together.... Oh.... it's because Bieksa is completely useless unless he's being handheld by our best guy and even then he's awful to watch. If there is one thing that is holding me back from saying this team can win the SC this year, it's Bieksa being in the line-up.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Our PK has been really ugly right now. I hope it`s just the worst slump of the season there. I want us to have a very good PK come postseason

We lean a lot on our top guys Getz, Kes, Silf to kill the penalties. But maybe we should rely more on guys like Cogs, Thompson, Garbutt?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
A good defensive effort by the team. In particular Bieksa was outstanding when it came to cross checking forwards into goaltenders and hitting soft point shots causing him to have to hook on the resulting breakaways.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Agreed. I am dreading the sight of another POs when Getz is knackered from regular season overload. Absolutely no need to overuse him on PK.

That`s another factor, yes. I would be completely on board seeing Getz taking ~1 minute off his PK time. Cogs and Thomper are not bad PKers they could take some load off for now

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getzlaf wasn't killing penalties until Horcoff was suspended. its only been a recent thing.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
A good defensive effort by the team. In particular Bieksa was outstanding when it came to cross checking forwards into goaltenders and hitting soft point shots causing him to have to hook on the resulting breakaways.

That's what we traded and extended his contract for. No way Beauchemin would have brought that much grittiness and intangibles to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad