GDT: Ducks @ Flam 2:00 pm MT SNET-W

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I'm sorry but I don't see it. The guy (almost) brings nothing. He's not elite offensively, doesn't have a good shot, can't quarterback a PP, he's prone to mistakes, average to below average defensively (with the exception of last year, he's been a minus player his entire career), has a decent pass I guess. Yeah, he's only 23 but he's already played almost 400 NHL games. If he was going to be this top pairing guy, he should have become one already (or at least be close to being one).

Although, I suppose I would like to see how he would perform first under a good coach. He's had only Peters and Ward as his coaches. And they both suck ***.

That’s fair. I was pretty critical of him last season, when we traded for him I was so excited because I thought he had potential to be the best defenseman from the 2015 draft. But he constantly made a shit ton of dumb mistakes and he’s pretty slow.

But I don’t know, he’s a pretty smooth skater and his offensive instincts aren’t bad. He has a lot of developing to do if he’s ever gonna be that top pairing guy though.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Mangiapane and Bennett don't support the tank. Monahan could learn a thing or two from those guys.

Three goals in two games for number one centre Sam Bennett

Said it earlier, but Mangiapane made a pretty wise decision in betting on himself by taking that one year deal at 700K instead of the two year deal at 800K. He's going to triple his salary next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad