Ducks extended GMBM for another 2 years (until 2021-22)

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Radio interview tonight

I’ve been around long enough to see the damage you can do to a young player forcing them into a situation they’re not ready for yet.

Giving up far too many grade A scoring chances, and that a team thing.

Gibson wanted to be here and helped with his agent.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
im still a semi-pro BM guy, but there might not be a better position in all of hockey then the GM of the ducks....its a retirement position...what other market could you get a extenstion while so much is happening with team?...I mean this team could very easily go on a 0-10 stretch and i dont think to many people would be surprised, meanwhile we are handing out extensions to our management team...granted, I dont mind it, and I understand it, but holy cow this organization is a joke some times.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
im still a semi-pro BM guy, but there might not be a better position in all of hockey then the GM of the ducks....its a retirement position...what other market could you get a extenstion while so much is happening with team?...I mean this team could very easily go on a 0-10 stretch and i dont think to many people would be surprised, meanwhile we are handing out extensions to our management team...granted, I dont mind it, and I understand it, but holy cow this organization is a joke some times.

I'd estimate the number of markets that would fire Murray in this circumstance are very few and probably more indicative of how those bigger markets tend to screw up a lot because of the pressure. This isnt the Islanders with Garth Snow, this is arguably the best stretch the team has ever enjoyed(certainly from a regular season standpoint), and unlike with Burke theres an actual consistent pipeline of talent for the future that comes with it.

Murray being perhaps the most powerful GM in the league is something of another question, but even that you could argue he's earned that. The guys one of the best GMs in the league, I dont know why more people dont appreciate that.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'd estimate the number of markets that would fire Murray in this circumstance are very few and probably more indicative of how those bigger markets tend to screw up a lot because of the pressure. This isnt the Islanders with Garth Snow, this is arguably the best stretch the team has ever enjoyed(certainly from a regular season standpoint), and unlike with Burke theres an actual consistent pipeline of talent for the future that comes with it.

Murray being perhaps the most powerful GM in the league is something of another question, but even that you could argue he's earned that. The guys one of the best GMs in the league, I dont know why more people dont appreciate that.

Most of the criticism of him is really the owners fault for being more focused on regular season success cause they are into building the Ducks brand & hockey in orange county.
The only thing i don't like is him sticking with Carlyle for so long when Quenniville is available.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Most of the criticism of him is really the owners fault for being more focused on regular season success cause they are into building the Ducks brand & hockey in orange county.
The only thing i don't like is him sticking with Carlyle for so long when Quenniville is available.
And yet no one else has hired Quennville. Besides I picture Quennville as more of a cup coach than a development coach, and judging by BM's comments, he knows we aren't cup contenders so why bother paying out the nose for a guy like Q?

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Hopefully he learned his lesson with contracts (which I think he has) and can do better to plan for the Seattle Expansion Draft. Don't hate the move - he is still one of the better GMs in the league.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
He has his flaws, but I don't really see anyone available that is better than him. I would like the organization to bring in a young AGM to groom ala Chakya/Dubas.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
We have a 11 game winless streak longest in franchise history under his watch as GM

I am so tired of him as our GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad