GDT: Ducks @ Devils - inevitable Kyle Palmieri hat-trick edition - 4PM PT 7PM ET 1AM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Couple of notes after one:

I'm surprised Bruce hasn't gone with Kesler-Getzlaf-Perry more in certain situations. He's started doing that lately and I can't help but wonder why the **** it took him so long to utilize that trio on occasion.

**** Bieksa. **** Murray. Both are crap and I want both gone.

Holzer isn't better than Stoner but he's as good.

Good period. NJ isn't very good but gotta give credit. We're forechecking hard and we were rewarded with a bounce.

Watching Sekac makes me even more infuriated with Murray with the Hagelin addition. I think Hags is better but not by much. Still they play so much of a similar game that you can't help but wonder what Murray was smoking this offseason. This team would be soooo much better with an upgrade to Hagelin and Bieksa.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Stewart is such an odd player. I am not going to lie, often times i would much rather have Jackman playing but he seems to score and with a team full of guys that can't finish, he's an asset.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Keep in mind Holzer is a righty playing on the left side. Earler in the season, when he has played on the right side, he has looked great compared to expectations.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Stewart is such an odd player. I am not going to lie, often times i would much rather have Jackman playing but he seems to score and with a team full of guys that can't finish, he's an asset.

He's good at getting open and has a good shot. But his work ethic and consistency are terrible.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Also. I have NJ's feed on center ice (for whatever reason no HD available), and I gotta say their announcers are pretty solid. This is first time I can remember listening to them but they've been very good so far.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Also. I have NJ's feed on center ice (for whatever reason no HD available), and I gotta say their announcers are pretty solid. This is first time I can remember listening to them but they've been very good so far.

Agree, I'm also on NJ feed and their announcers are good.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
How was the first period?

Solid. Got a bounce but that was because of forecheck.

2nd goal was off a bad turnover by NJ but good hands shown by Kesler.

Team is forechecking. 1st line is best line so far. Abusing NJ's D down low.

The Hags-Kesler-Cogs line doesn't have any chemistry but it's their first period together.

Rakell still struggling imo. He's a much better winger than a center, and it's not close.

Sekac looks good again.
Bieksa caused several turnovers and gave them a PP. What else is new though?

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Every time the Ducks have a good first period I'm always hoping this is the game that turns the team around. That feeling is usually gone mid-way through the second. But I can always hope.

John

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Rakell still struggling imo. He's a much better winger than a center, and it's not close.

I completely agree with this. As a winger he is able to use his skill so much more without having to worry about his defensive responsibilities. The difference is night and day.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I completely agree with this. As a winger he is able to use his skill so much more without having to worry about his defensive responsibilities. The difference is night and day.
Rakell wasn't playing poorly earlier in the year when he was at center. But I didn't see the first, has he regressed significantly?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Rakell wasn't playing poorly earlier in the year when he was at center. But I didn't see the first, has he regressed significantly?

No he wasn't playing poorly but I think he looks much better on the wing. He wasn't overly noticeable in the first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad