Confirmed with Link: Ducks claim William Lagesson off waivers from the Maple Leafs

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Doubtful…. It’ll be the pathway back to the top

We need to get away from keeping players for fans sentimental feelings and bring in players that want to win
It's nothing to do with sentiments, feelings, etc., everything to do with him bein the only 2nd pairing defenseman on the team, rest of the guys are 3rd pairing or AHL.

In case he's traded it will be for futures, which means even crappier defense.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No need for snark. Which top pairing D-man you're signing in free agency, that aligns with our contention timeline? Or which players are you trading for top pairing D-man?
I’ll take Matt Roy pretty comfortably…. But I’ll find you a nice list later when I have more time.

And Fowler isn’t a top pairing dmen, he’s used as one and struggles there. Like I’ve suggested in past, build 3 2nd pairs and spread mins out comfortably amongst the players

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
I’ll take Matt Roy pretty comfortably…. But I’ll find you a nice list later when I have more time.

And Fowler isn’t a top pairing dmen, he’s used as one and struggles there. Like I’ve suggested in past, build 3 2nd pairs and spread mins out comfortably amongst the players
In one of the posts you quoted I posted: "him being the only 2nd pairing defenseman on the team, rest of the guys are 3rd pairing or AHL.".

EDIT: Matt Roy will be 35 when we're getting to being in the window.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In one of the posts you quoted I posted: "him being the only 2nd pairing defenseman on the team, rest of the guys are 3rd pairing or AHL.".

Stop gaps and better fits.

So that means fowler will be 38?

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Stop gaps and better fits.

So that means fowler will be 38?
Fowler is signed through 25-26.

Replacing Fowler now, with another 2nd pairind D-man, who you'd likely have to overpay for through FA or waste assets in a trade, is not a good idea. Season 25-26 will provide a bit more clarity where this team is.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

Replacing Fowler now, with another 2nd pairind D-man, who you'd likely have to overpay for through FA or waste assets in a trade, is not a good idea. Season 25-26 will provide a bit more clarity where this team is.
Waste of assets?!! Lol we have our long term guys already( and I’m including who we draft 1st this draft) time to build a playoff team for next season. Enough is enough

Reactions: DuckRogers10

MCB

Jun 21, 2019

That's kind of why I think if we draft a RHD this year, getting Matt roy or someone for the time until that draft pick is ready. Easier said then done but that would be my ideal timeline scenario

Edit: and by easier said, I mean finding a free agent who will agree to 3 years, especially when they are looking for a final payday

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I think finding players that can compliment our young guys better, and help them get to their potentials is a good idea.

Part of the problem is, we have a nice haul of young guys but really no one to compliment them outside of Gudas.

Reactions: MCB

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I think finding players that can compliment our young guys better, and help them get to their potentials is a good idea.

Part of the problem is, we have a nice haul of young guys but really no one to compliment them outside of Gudas.

Completely agree that this should be GMPV’s thought process, and I think for the most part it has been. Fowler “compliments” the young guys by being able to eat all the tough minutes so Minty, Zell, etc. don’t have to. Fowler would be a great partner for a young D, but they’d have to be on the 2nd or 3rd pairing together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad