Claimed off Waivers: Ducks claim Emerson Etem

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Why did Etem suck so bad in camp when he had every apparent reason to really go for it? If he suddenly recovers his game you'd have to guess "tampering", right?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Why did Etem suck so bad in camp when he had every apparent reason to really go for it? If he suddenly recovers his game you'd have to guess "tampering", right?
To be honest Vancouver should draw up the paperwork to sue Anaheim right now, it's clear as day.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

I honestly wouldn't blame him if he played bad on purpose just to get away from this clown show franchise.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

He's kicked around various NHL bottom sixes for most of his career. Teams don't have to tamper with anyone to get players like that.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Right? In secret, prior to being traded for Hagelin, BM told Etem, "Hey, just don't play very good, get traded again and play just as bad. Then, once you get a really low salary on your next contract, try to get waived and we'll put in a claim on you. Simple, right? Nice talk, see you in a year Etem."

In all honesty, I think he'll be a decent 4th line player. Hopefully, he's at the point where he's willing to buy into being a role player. If he sticks to the PK and goes all out in a 4th line role, he'll be useful. Garbutt, Wagner and Etem has the makings of a solid 4th line.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
The Ducks' depth problem isn't because of the lack of available forwards. Thanks to being in Salary Cap purgatory, Ducks can only afford to fill out their roster with the players making close to league minimum. 33% of the available cap is being taking by their top 3 players. Another 10% of the cap is being eaten by 2 bad contracts that are unmovable. On top of that, the Ducks have only about $3.4 million in cap space to sign to RFA's who, based on other RFA signings, should be making $4 - $6 million each.

More of an off coloured remark on the clear mismanagement of the salary cap that's been done down in Anaheim. I almost feel for the Ducks if I didn't hate so much of your team, that Kesler deal and Bieksa extension are starting to put Murray in the crosshairs as much as Dim Jim should be this season.
Hope Etem sticks for your team, he got lots of chance here and got beat out for roster spot by Gaunce, Skille and Jake Virtanen who had a horrible camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad