GDT: Ducks @ CBJ Cannons

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
ducks do realize they are in no position to piss away points right?

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Sometimes the NHL hero cult gets to me. You know, the insistence to play your 'best' players again and again because of who they are, not because of whether they are particularly suited for the job at hand on the ice or not. Like, what, 3v3 in OT?

But, as said already, Ducks got all they deserved. D lapses put us in a hole, and there were too many passengers in F to get us out of it. Only positive is that you need a wakeup call every now and then. Chicago is just the right medicine next.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Bipolar team strikes again. Just not sold on this group this season, not sold at all.

They keep struggling against fast, aggressive Eastern-ish teams. That's what you get when you look up to Kings and you're *cough* built for playoffs *cough*. If Ducks were a piece of software, you would just say it's a feature.

That and the fact that the F core struggles to remember how to put the puck into the net, and that the D is ravaged by an aggressively contagious Bieksaitis. You know, just the little things. :sarcasm:

Then again, it was an away game in the middle of a long road trip. Hardly a representative sample of anything, so I will give it a pass. Bring on the Hawks and let's see.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What a stupid loss. Officiating was garbage throughout for both teams. Good to see 1st line is clicking and then Stewart injures himself in a pointless fight, what a smart decision.

Oct 18, 2011
schedule loss but that late 2nd period goal was a back breaker....just can't believe that has happened twice this week.

duxfever

Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA
This fan base is bipolar. So indecisive. Do we suck or not? Are we sellers or not? One bad game and they still got a point. Do you all think these guys are robots? It's comical really. They have been playing some damn good hockey for quite a stretch.

This team will be fine. They will make the playoffs and be a force to be reckoned with.

Oct 18, 2011
ducks are not sellers
they do not suck

3rd game in 4 nights people overreact, fact is a .500 road trip would be pretty successful overall.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What did you guys realistically expect on this road trip.

If we go 3-3-1 it's a win in my book this is our toughest part of the season. I think we'll end up going 4-2-1 which would be awesome.

Some of you act like we were supposed to go 82-0, even the Kings and hawks don't look perfect all the time.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
Ducks lucky to even have had a lead to blow. Freddie did leave rebounds all game, but the big ones were off cross ice passes/shots he saved. Almost all goalies leaves rebounds there. But I do agree his shootout was poor jus like the shooters at the other end. I think Perry hasn't scored in the SO this season. Sad. When silt doesn't score it's usually downhill from there. Ducks took the night off but I had them 4-2-1 on the road trip. So still likely it ends up being a good road trip. Chi may be a good next opponent for them to play right now.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
im curious what the word with Stewart will be... I liked that top line for you guys for the past while with Perron Getzlaf Stewart. They were clickin

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Shaky D all around. Manson had particularly a rough game. Too bad he gave the puck away right after we scored the 2nd one in the dying moments of the period. And also couldn't help out Lindholm when he was tied up outside the crease with Hartnell before the equalizer. But he was not alone of having a subpar game at the back end.

Andersen great until the shootout. Silver has apparently lost all scoring touch at the moment, first open nets missed (last game) and now even his bread and butter; the shootout. Wake up!

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Weird to say, but I'm with you a bit. If they light up this road trip it probably convinces Murray to stand pat. I'd be perfectly ok with getting 8-10 points and showing there's plenty of room for improvement.

Exactly. I feared that after winning the three games before the trip, that Murray was going to be content with the roster, and only add a small piece.

The Philly win didn't help either, because quite honestly, I think that team is terrible. The fact that it was a game was a joke.

Murray needs to see this team struggle before it's time, because what we have it not enough. Bieksa shouldn't be in the top 4, although this is more for Bruce. Our forward lineup, although better, is not good enough. We still lack in top 6 wingers. I want Murray to recognize that, and not be blinded by our success before the trip, and our success against weak competition.

This fan base is bipolar. So indecisive. Do we suck or not? Are we sellers or not? One bad game and they still got a point. Do you all think these guys are robots? It's comical really. They have been playing some damn good hockey for quite a stretch.

This team will be fine. They will make the playoffs and be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't see anyone saying sell or anything like that.

I for one have always thought this team needed more upgrades, and have been vocal about it constantly. I don't care how good he looks, if Stewart is on your top line, you're not fine on wingers.

I also want Bruce to pull his head out of his ass and do the defensive pairs he that are clearly the best for the team:

Fowler-Despres
Lindholm-Manson
Vatanen-Bieksa

Oct 18, 2011
Retreat to the stats!

I think looking good against the worst team in the league is a pretty realistic expectation. But no, apparently they'd have to go 82-0 to do that, silly me.

or it was a 3rd game in 4 nights situation, all on the road which is one of the toughest games to play in the nhl

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
While bummed about the broken jaw,mentally I had already replaced Stewart in the lineup with someone we get at the trade deadline. He was playing well but I didn't expect it to be consistent. Hope Stewart gets better soon still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad