GDT: Ducks @ Canucks 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
how come no assist for fowler on the getzlaf goal? he moved the puck up the ice to getzlaf lol

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
7 games in 11 days and they take 11 of 14 points, truly amazing. At the same time, despite scoring 4 goals a game, they didn't play at such a level that should convince they're perfect the way they are.

2 points out, never would have thought that even as they began to heat up. Should be a great ride to the finish.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Sami was good but he should not be #1 star. I thought his partner, Despres, was better.

I like how Hazy mentioned that too.

A player can literally be the worst skater on the ice, but if he somehow manages to get a flukey goal he'll be one of the stars - at least in a low-scoring game.

The three stars, more often than not, seem to be pulled out of someone's ass instead of reflecting on ice dominance.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Good road--trip result wise but there were some really crappy teams on it. I liked our performance vs Chicago though.
Right now we have some bottom feeders coming up as well - i hope we can grab max points there. Next good opponent will be Kings just before the deadline

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
7 games in 11 days and they take 11 of 14 points, truly amazing. At the same time, despite scoring 4 goals a game, they didn't play at such a level that should convince they're perfect the way they are.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with the points. Especially since SJ is playing well, and the Coyotes really aren't that far behind us. However, I think it's important to note that some of these teams are pretty bad. The only teams that I think are strong competition on that trip would be Pittsburgh and Chicago. Philly, Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton are horrible. The points are great, especially considering the guys were probably tired. However, those are games that are must wins really. No reason we should be losing to teams like that.

I just hope Murray knows this team isn't good enough as is.

Getzlaf was fantastic tonight. He really loves playing against the Western Canadian teams. He's just so much quicker now than he was a couple months ago. Also a lot stronger on the puck.

I think it's pretty obvious now that the offseason injury was really affecting him. I still think it is, just not as much.

A player can literally be the worst skater on the ice, but if he somehow manages to get a flukey goal he'll be one of the stars - at least in a low-scoring game.

The three stars, more often than not, seem to be pulled out of someone's ass instead of reflecting on ice dominance.

Yeah, unfortunately that's true. I think Sami was really good last night though. I just don't see how he gets the #1 star. Oh well, doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad