GDT: Ducks @ Avs | 7pm MT | You Better Duck

Best Pie for Thanksgiving

• Total voters

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Well Ryjo at 4m centering the second line and on the books for another head was the biggest and most important gamble and he’s god awful so yeah that’s a pretty tough one to make up

They have the trade deadline to fix that mistake. My biggest fear is that the Avs are way too patient though

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
What's all the RyJo hate? Isn't he leading the team in xGF or close to that? He hasn't been producing much but I don't see him costing the team out there.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
What's all the RyJo hate? Isn't he leading the team in xGF or close to that? He hasn't been producing much but I don't see him costing the team out there.
Because he's very slow :laugh: I actually don't think he has been playing horribly either and I also don't think he outright lazy. He just doesn't move very fast and that, unfortunately, stands out when he's skating with the likes of MacK, Makar, Nuke, etc.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
They have the trade deadline to fix that mistake. My biggest fear is that the Avs are way too patient though

That’s the thing they haven’t shown a lot of willingness to make hard decisions at the deadline. The cup year was a huge outlier in that sense

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
They'll need to address it before the TDL. They're going to get bent over if they wait until the last minute. Ideally, it's done before x-mas if they conclude that they need to upgrade the 2C position.

Poor Joey, I think he's trying his best but he's having an awful time just trying to keep up.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I didn't look at any stats but that fact right there occurred to me during last night's game. He really seems a half-step behind but defensively, I don't think there have been too many plays where I've seen as being the main culprit for a goal against.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Blueberry pie is the GOAT, but the holiday season is destined for Pumpkin pie.

All other opinions are incorrect and should be discarded.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I mean it's not a secret he moves slow out there but he clearly has high hockey IQ and is in the right spot defensively most of the time.
If weakly engaging the opposition player and letting him brush past you is "in the right spot" then I guess you're right but more often than not bad things seem to happen in the defensive zone when he's out there.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yeah Johansen sucks and so does Drouin but he gets no credit for Wood (contract isn’t great, I know that)? Colton? Kiviranta? Olofsson? Caleb Jones? Tufte? Tatar?
Colton was the only real win. Great move, that will only get better. He plays the game the right way.

Wood not really a win in my books. I don't hate the player but that contract sucks. Players of his caliber really shouldn't be getting more than 3 years we doubled it. It's going to be bad down the the line.

Tatar is ok, as long as he continue his play of the last 3 games, where is very engaged in the play. His first 10, was atrocious. So I guess jury is out on this one depending on his play moving forward.

RyJo/Drouin, beyond bad decisions by CMac.

As for the minor/depth players, yeah he gets a plus there but at the end of the day the expectations for these guys were very small.

I guess my takeaway is you can't miss on all the expected big pieces except 1, and then claim all the small pieces as wins and call it a wash. I'd say at best were looking at 80% bad 20% good for CMac, which is nowhere near good enough. Can't be missing on more than 1 bigger piece IMO.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean he's an offensive black hole, he's not great defensively and he puts in negative effort. Not hard to see why he hasn't endeared himself much to Avs fans.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Colton was the only real win. Great move, that will only get better. He plays the game the right way.

Wood not really a win in my books. I don't hate the player but that contract sucks. Players of his caliber really shouldn't be getting more than 3 years we doubled it. It's going to be bad down the the line.

Tatar is ok, as long as he continue his play of the last 3 games, where is very engaged in the play. His first 10, was atrocious. So I guess jury is out on this one depending on his play moving forward.

RyJo/Drouin, beyond bad decisions by CMac.

As for the minor/depth players, yeah he gets a plus there but at the end of the day the expectations for these guys were very small.

I guess my takeaway is you can't miss on all the expected big pieces except 1, and then claim all the small pieces as wins and call it a wash. I'd say at best were looking at 80% bad 20% good for CMac, which is nowhere near good enough. Can't be missing on more than 1 bigger piece IMO.
We're in win now mode. How is getting a 3rd liner for 2.5 a year a bad thing? If he was playing like a 4th liner, I could understand the argument, but that 3rd line has been our most consistent and now they're scoring too.

Sure that contract might age like milk left out in the sun, but all our contracts are trending that way.

Also, with the way the cap is increasing, by year 3, that very well could be the number regular 4th liners are paid.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It’s a lot of the same ingredients but the ratios are different. If you taste pumpkin pie spice vs mixed spice you can definitely tell the difference and substituting them would taste off
The ratios are different. But it's the same spices. On a pumpkin pie, does it matter? Yeah, I suppose. On a latte or some bullshit? No, all of it is terrible regardless.

Reactions: GeoRox89

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The ratios are different. But it's the same spices. On a pumpkin pie, does it matter? Yeah, I suppose. On a latte or some bullshit? No, all of it is terrible regardless.
The biggest problem with ‘pumpkin spice’ everything is that it’s basically just 40lbs of sugar and cream with a little spice and a dribble of coffee. They’re basically just warm milkshakes

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The biggest problem with ‘pumpkin spice’ everything is that it’s basically just 40lbs of sugar and cream with a little spice and a dribble of coffee. They’re basically just warm milkshakes
And I would argue this, if you put a Christmas spice blend in a pumpkin pie (mind you, that's not something we eat) it would taste like Christmas, but if you put pumpkin spice in some Christmas thing you wouldn't notice. It would be slightly different than with the Christmas spice but still Christmas.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
We're in win now mode. How is getting a 3rd liner for 2.5 a year a bad thing? If he was playing like a 4th liner, I could understand the argument, but that 3rd line has been our most consistent and now they're scoring too.

Sure that contract might age like milk left out in the sun, but all our contracts are trending that way.

Also, with the way the cap is increasing, by year 3, that very well could be the number regular 4th liners are paid.
I don't disagree, however the term CMac gave him is awful. So it's kind of wash signing in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad