GDT: Ducks @ Avs 730 MST, The Daniel Winnik Show.

The Angry Teatowel

@AngryTeatowel
Aug 11, 2009
Kent, UK
www.eurolanche.com
I set my alarm for 3.30, it woke me up but I went back to sleep until 4.45am or so. Woke up, put the game on and the Ducks scored almost immediately. Watched until the end still, didn't see anything to make me wish I'd set my alarm!

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Sacco says we need more offense from the blue line, yet he keeps Barrie sitting in the press box?!?

I know Barrie has made his share of mistakes and is a liability defensively, but at least he has the rookie excuse. What are ROB, SOB, Zanon and Hunwick's excuse for being terrible???

With Barrie we can at least hope he brings some offense to the game.

We need more offense and yet Sgarbossa doesn't see the ice in the 3rd until late and the game is over!

Sure Sgarbossa has 0 points, but every time he is on the ice he makes something happen. Why we haven't tested him with Stastny or Duchene?

Sure Sacco sees something in Sgarbossa's and Barrie's game that i don't and that's why he is a NHL coach and i'm just a guy posting in the HF boards while the boss is not looking.

Last edited:

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
Duchene isn't happy.......

http://video.avalanche.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=199533&catid=-6

I like hearing that from him. Usually we just hear the same crap about the effort being there and eventually the shots will go in like Jones said.

Was he taking a shot at the style of offense? I could just be thinking too much about it because I hate Sacco and it's one of my main complaints but it seems like he isn't a big fan of the cross the blueline and let it fire offense.

Sacco will sit him next game. Ownership will have a talk with him. Can't have that kind of negative attitude around the media.

Jonesy follows with ''We can't be pessimistic about it, gotta keep giving the effort'' **end of script**

Good on Duchene.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Sacco will sit him next game. Ownership will have a talk with him. Can't have that kind of negative attitude around the media.

Jonesy follows with ''We can't be pessimistic about it, gotta keep giving the effort'' **end of script**

Good on Duchene.

Jones have to kiss ass little bit, so he could be worth his 4 million per year salary. :laugh:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I have a brilliant idea guys, let's bench Sacco next game. He's in the fan's doghouse afterall.

If that doesn't work, we'll bag skate him and see how he likes it.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Sacco says we need more offense from the blue line, yet he keeps Barrie sitting in the press box?!?

I know Barrie has made his share of mistakes and is a liability defensively, but at least he has the rookie excuse. What are ROB, SOB, Zanon and Hunwick's excuse for being terrible???

With Barrie we can at least hope he brings some offense to the game.

We need more offense and yet Sgarbossa doesn't see the ice in the 3rd until late and the game is over!

Sure Sgarbossa has 0 points, but every time he is on the ice he makes something happen. Why we haven't tested him with Stastny or Duchene?

Sure Sacco sees something in Sgarbossa's and Barrie's game that i don't and that's why he is a NHL coach and i'm just a guy posting in the HF boards while the boss is not looking.

Sgarbossa has been nice surprise so far. I like his game, even though he hasn't had single point yet.

Huis Clos*

This team just has big problems on the blueline, and there's not a lot of good options. Basically if it we're up to me, I'd stick Hejda with EJ, and play the **** out of them, giving the rest of the guys as few minutes as possible. When was the last time we had a defenseman average more than 20 minutes a game? Ten years ago? I don't think they rely on their horses enough, and allow the true 3rd pairing guys to make more mistakes with 15+ minutes.

You're dead on with this post. The team has two good options on the blue line. EJ and Hejda should be number one and two for TOI every game. Instead Hunwick and Zanon have been number one the last three games. Sacco can't put this team in the best position to win no matter the talent.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Duchene isn't happy.......

http://video.avalanche.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=199533&catid=-6

I like hearing that from him. Usually we just hear the same crap about the effort being there and eventually the shots will go in like Jones said.

Was he taking a shot at the style of offense? I could just be thinking too much about it because I hate Sacco and it's one of my main complaints but it seems like he isn't a big fan of the cross the blueline and let it fire offense.
I was certainly being careful about what he was saying regarding offense.. He was biting his tongue a few times it seems.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Painful stuff. We couldn't complete three passes in a row. Awful, awful hockey.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I finally watched Duchene's comment. He is right on the money, and good for him for speaking out about it and basically stating that losing is not acceptable. I love seeing that emotion off the ice to go along with the way he has been playing on the ice. Just another sign showing how much he has stepped up in all areas.

iAvs

JUST WIN
Mar 1, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
www.flickr.com
Love Duchene's attitude. Unfortunately, Jones' remarks probably reflect how the organization or bulk of the team feel. "Things will turn around, just gotta keep playing hard". NOPE. Duchene was right on the money, this isn't good enough and getting blanked 3-zip at home shouldn't sit well with the front office, coach, or players.

In the past, this kind of loss as home was UNACCEPTABLE. That was back when the star players down to the 4th liners EXPECTED to win, or it was a failure. This isn't how things are run anymore. It's more of a "let's wait and see approach". OK, maybe during years 1 and 2 of a rebuild that will fly... but we are so past that now. It's gotta be playoffs or bust and it's been a bust for a long time now.

We need more players sounding off like Duchene. True leadership right there.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah, it was almost 11:30 after two periods, said I had an early meeting. Couldn't deal with his older brother saying how much we suck. :(

LOL, like I said before, I wouldn't blame ya for that...in his older brother's defense, we did suck quite hard last night

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Love Duchene's attitude. Unfortunately, Jones' remarks probably reflect how the organization or bulk of the team feel. "Things will turn around, just gotta keep playing hard". NOPE. Duchene was right on the money, this isn't good enough and getting blanked 3-zip at home shouldn't sit well with the front office, coach, or players.

In the past, this kind of loss as home was UNACCEPTABLE. That was back when the star players down to the 4th liners EXPECTED to win, or it was a failure. This isn't how things are run anymore. It's more of a "let's wait and see approach". OK, maybe during years 1 and 2 of a rebuild that will fly... but we are so past that now. It's gotta be playoffs or bust and it's been a bust for a long time now.

We need more players sounding off like Duchene. True leadership right there.

Agreed. The only good thing, from a long term view, that is coming out of this season the Duchene is growing up. Very impressed with his work ethic and attitude this season.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
You're dead on with this post. The team has two good options on the blue line. EJ and Hejda should be number one and two for TOI every game. Instead Hunwick and Zanon have been number one the last three games. Sacco can't put this team in the best position to win no matter the talent.

Agreed on the Hejda-Johnson pairing. Sacco is doing this weird thing where he lets the game get out of hand (3-0) and then starts playing Johnson a lot in the third. His ice time keeps going roughly 6-7-9 in minutes played per period.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I thought Stastny looked good yesterday.

Agreed. He is starting to look better. Though I am not a fan of Mitchell on the wing, and Jones and Hejduk are just ineffective right now. It will be a tough season for Stastny if he is required to put up points with those linemates.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Agreed. He is starting to look better. Though I am not a fan of Mitchell on the wing, and Jones and Hejduk are just ineffective right now. It will be a tough season for Stastny if he is required to put up points with those linemates.

Thats just it. Mitchell is a 3rd 4th line centreman and hes a pretty good one at that. He shouldnt be on the top 6. A guy like Sgarbossa should be but is relegated with trying to make plays with Mcleod and Bords. Its a coaching issue not a personel issue the way I see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad