GDT: Ducks @ Avs 730 MST, The Daniel Winnik Show.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
Sacco's comments after the game
"the attempt was there to put pucks on the net"
"We need to grind it out more"
"It was a good effort"
"He (Fasth) played well and had key saves"
"Can't fault our effort, gotta find ways to get pucks behind the goalie"
"They didn't outplay us"
"Gotta stick with it, keep grinding it out"
"We've gotta generate more offense from the back-end"
"We need to get offense from EJ and Hunwick"
*Sacco starts blaming the refs
"You have to stay resilient, but this is not what we want"

Our coach...

So not our 12 forwards need to actually do their job and score BUT we need more offense from our D?
This idiot needs to go back to the funny farm!

Unless he's actually really smart! He realises our D can't even play D so he's trying to get them to play forward?
The mans a genius!!

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The effort was there? Really? Really? The effort was not there sorry. We did not compete tonight save for a few guys. We need more offense from Johnson and Hunwick? da fuq?

member 116861

The effort was there? Really? Really? The effort was not there sorry. We did not compete tonight save for a few guys. We need more offense from Johnson and Hunwick? da fuq?

I barely watched the game but the 2 main things I remember from this game were EJ having to rush back and break up a breakaway twice that was caused because Zanon and I can't remember the other guy couldn't handle the puck and they let it go past them. How the **** is EJ suppose to create offense when he has to worry about this ****? How does that happen twice in a game?

AvsFanRCN

Dec 21, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada
duchene post game is what I want to hear, enough of the 'we did our best' ********, hes got the right idea 'we have to be better'. ****ing get mad, hate losing, work harder, maybe you'll win some games

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Duchene isn't happy.......

http://video.avalanche.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=199533&catid=-6

I like hearing that from him. Usually we just hear the same crap about the effort being there and eventually the shots will go in like Jones said.

Was he taking a shot at the style of offense? I could just be thinking too much about it because I hate Sacco and it's one of my main complaints but it seems like he isn't a big fan of the cross the blueline and let it fire offense.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Duchene: "It's the same story every night. We're playing well 5-on-5, but we can't seem to find a win in those games. We've got to figure out a way to score a goal. It's the bottom line. We've been shut out three times in 10 games. That's unacceptable. That's almost 50-percent of the games we're getting shut out in. That's a joke. We've got to figure it out here. We've got to bear down more in practice and try to make a few more plays every now and then. We're just knifing the puck in all the time instead of trying to get inside and score a goal."

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
"We're just knifing the puck in all the time instead of trying to get inside and score a goal."

A total shot at this entire dump and chase BS. Good job Matty. Im loving Matty this season

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
"We're just knifing the puck in all the time instead of trying to get inside and score a goal."

A total shot at this entire dump and chase BS. Good job Matty. Im loving Matty this season

I love it but he's getting benched next game. :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Agreed. Hejda has been one of the better dman for a few games now. I really dont know how Hunwick does it. He was fine last yr when hes given minimal ice time not leading our team in ice time. Its so disturbing that he constantly leads our team in ice

It's funny, I almost agree with Sacco's mindset on that one. EJ, and this team, absolutely needs the kind of player they are trying to get Hunwick to be. Excpet he just isn't the kind of player they're forcing him to be.

I don't fault Sacco for trying it, I fault him for beating a dead horse, and not going with Hejda. Its not as if he doesn't want to break up the successful Hejda-O'Byrne combo at this point, he already did that a few games ago.

This team just has big problems on the blueline, and there's not a lot of good options. Basically if it we're up to me, I'd stick Hejda with EJ, and play the **** out of them, giving the rest of the guys as few minutes as possible. When was the last time we had a defenseman average more than 20 minutes a game? Ten years ago? I don't think they rely on their horses enough, and allow the true 3rd pairing guys to make more mistakes with 15+ minutes.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site

So they're supposed to try skating it in and passing? They're just as bad at that. The team simply doesn't have the skill to skate it in nor the size and grit to dump and chase. Take your pick at what they should do. They suck at both.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
So they're supposed to try skating it in and passing? They're just as bad at that. The team simply doesn't have the skill to skate it in nor the size and grit to dump and chase. Take your pick at what they should do. They suck at both.

That's ********.

If you watch games with other teams in it, their bottom 6 has more creativity then us. The talent is there, it's the system and the way these players have been molded which make them look like crap.

boz

Jan 20, 2004
I recall Sacco said at the start of the season that he thought we had the players and skill to be more of a puck possession team? ..i agree they can't do either..atleast the skate in option would be more entertaining

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Duchene isn't happy.......

http://video.avalanche.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=199533&catid=-6

I like hearing that from him. Usually we just hear the same crap about the effort being there and eventually the shots will go in like Jones said.

Was he taking a shot at the style of offense? I could just be thinking too much about it because I hate Sacco and it's one of my main complaints but it seems like he isn't a big fan of the cross the blueline and let it fire offense.

Love it. ****ing love it.

That fire. Getting pissed off means you care.

c0rn1

Mar 15, 2012
Dunno how many problems the AVs actually have to adress. Seems to be quite alot. But I know for sure why Ryan O'Reilly is refusing to being screwed by Crack Hermann and his coach Joe Succo.
If management has the balls to give some Shame O(n)'Brien a 3y/2m per extension and then offering me a 3.5 m/y 2 year deal as last years' point leader? I'd feel lowballed as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad