Ducks are cursed with so many injuries.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
That's a lot of injuries. I feel for Ducks fans - the Wild are currently missing four top 9 forwards: Coyle, Niederreiter, Parise and Granlund. :facepalm:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I don't expect anyone to feel bad for us. At least we have an excuse for our poor play though (at least I hope that's the reason for it). If Lindholm or Vatanen don't return next game, our 6 defensemen will be: Manson, Montour, Beauchemin, Bieksa, Megna, and Holzer, which makes me very sad inside. Thank the lord that Gibson is playing the way he is.

Oct 18, 2011
This really sucks i just hope they stay afloat until these guys get back. It feels like a season that will be derailed

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
You know things are going well when you have Derek Grant, a guy who hadn't scored in 92 career games, playing regular minutes on your powerplay. Coincidently, he now leads our team in PP goals

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
That’s bad....

Buffalo lost last year at the very start.

Eichel sprained ankle (injured in practice the day before the first game)

ROR back spasms (played when eichel and kNe were not there if one of them were he didn’t dress)

Kane missed month and a half ribs (injured first game)

Reinhart day to day (for a short period)

Ennis concussion (missed most of season)

Lehner ( the season before injured in the first game, this one can be omitted only added it as he was injured in the first game the year before so it was extra frustrating with all these first game injuries to eichel Kane and him In a one year span, arguably two top forwards and number one goalie)

Girgensons and Larson (forget the Injury)

Bogosian (couple months)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Dont forget that Gibson will go down a couple of times per season...

Yeah. I came to this thread to add that Gibson left one game early already. And with Miller also out Reto Berra was the man coming in, though he did a surprisingly good job. Anyway, Gibson might not be 100% healthy right now, but is playing great anyway. *Knocks on wood*.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Sorry, injuries are not an excuse. Or so I was told last year with 350+ lost man games, most of which came from losing key parts of the lineup. It's almost irrelevant which team is in question - if you suffer from injuries, too bad.

On a more serious and non-sarcastic note, what does your lineup actually look like? With all of Vatanen, Lindholm and Fowler gone, your defense must be... interesting?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm just glad for once (For now) we aren't the ones with a boat load of injuries on the Penguins.

Cole is back with a face shield, but Hunwick (who has looked solid) is out with a concussion.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Sorry, injuries are not an excuse. Or so I was told last year with 350+ lost man games, most of which came from losing key parts of the lineup. It's almost irrelevant which team is in question - if you suffer from injuries, too bad.

On a more serious and non-sarcastic note, what does your lineup actually look like? With all of Vatanen, Lindholm and Fowler gone, your defense must be... interesting?
Let's just say Rakell and Vermette are the 1/2 centers and Manson is now the number 1 D until Lindholm is back, which is hopefully next game

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Let's just say Rakell and Vermette are the 1/2 centers and Manson is now the number 1 D until Lindholm is back, which is hopefully next game
Oh lord. At least Manson and Montour are still kicking about. There are a lot of teams who wouldn't have that privilege with their top 3 D-men gone.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We Lightning fans all too well understand your plight

Behold: the most active thread we've had for the last 2 years

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...arrison-stamkos-johnson-brown.2150703/page-31

Read em and try not to weep

Stamkos, Callahan, Johnson constantly out and there were nights when Palat, Namestnikov and Paquette were out on top of that too. I remember there was a night just about all those guys were hurt AND Kucherov was out with the flu.

And if I remember correctly we had to play the Capitals that night too.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Oh lord. At least Manson and Montour are still kicking about. There are a lot of teams who wouldn't have that privilege with their top 3 D-men gone.
Yeah it's not pretty. Thank goodness for the ducks scouting staff. Glad Manson and Montour are there. When you are dressing Bieska, Holzer, Beauch and a rookie in Megna, you know your in trouble.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Lindholm,Vatanen,Kesler,Miller yet to play a game because of injury.
Getzlaf,Eaves,Ritchie and Kase have all missed multiple games from injury during the season.
Fowler got hurt in tonight's game against Montreal.

So many injuries that I feel we are cursed this season.

Can you think of a team that has had so many injuries especially key injuries so early in a season?

I've watching them. That's brutal for Ducks fans. I really thought they were going to have a very good year. I thought Perry would rebound and Getzlaf would be amongst the top of the league, the the defence would take the next step, as well as Gibson and win their division - but you just can't lose so many players so early in the season.

Boston's had a rough start to the season as well, missing Bergeron and Backes. Rask is out with a concussion. Spooner's gone for a couple months. Krejci left halfway through last game (?) - so don't know just yet. McQuaid broke his leg. Krug was hurt to start the season. They were another team I thought would be better than expected but it's tough to overcome so many early season injuries.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Francois Beauchemin - Josh Manson
Jaycob Megna - Brandon Montour
Korbinian Holzer - Kevin Bieksa

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
It's called karma.. But seriously Ducks play tough game and that normally creates some injuries. Heck you almost took our whole first line out in last game we played.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
"Well, at least it can't get worse"

Now the Ducks are missing their entire top line, 4 of their top 6, and 5 of their top 9 forwards.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad