Ducks are cursed with so many injuries.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Lindholm,Vatanen,Kesler,Miller yet to play a game because of injury.
Getzlaf,Eaves,Ritchie and Kase have all missed multiple games from injury during the season.
Fowler got hurt in tonight's game against Montreal.

So many injuries that I feel we are cursed this season.

Can you think of a team that has had so many injuries especially key injuries so early in a season?

Reactions: IndustryLeech

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
For those keeping track, that’s our top two centers, our top three defensemen, our number two goaltender, and a couple of players who play in our top six.

This is not an NHL team right now.

I’m just thankful that tonight we aren’t playing an NHL team. Sorry Montreal fans.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not sure if it's been quite that bad but the Blues and Wild have been hammered by injuries fairly badly this year as well thus far.

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
When you play physical/goony hockey, you are going to have a lot more injuries. Not too surprising. Teams that play less physical styles like the Blackhawks have a lot fewer injuries every year. Not a coincidence.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
When you play physical/goony hockey, you are going to have a lot more injuries. Not too surprising. Teams that play less physical styles like the Blackhawks have a lot fewer injuries every year. Not a coincidence.

Interesting narrative.

And you also know exactly what the injuries are, right?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
You could put together a pretty good base for a team with just their injuries so far. I believe Gibson was also hurt this season, or left a game anyway.

xxx - Getzlaf - Eaves
xxx - Kesler - xxx
Ritchie - xxx - Kase
xxx - xxx - xxx

Fowler - Lindholm
xxx - Vatanen
xxx - xxx

Gibson
Miller

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He was, yeah. Took a shot off the hand in warm ups, I believe. Got yanked after the first period of a game, and missed the next.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Can you think of a team that has had so many injuries especially key injuries so early in a season?

As I recall, Dallas had 6 of their top 9 forwards out for the first couple of months last season - we all saw how that turned out. Luckily for the Ducks they have better goaltending, so maybe their season won't be completely torpedoed right from the start.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Anaheim is top 3-5 drafting teams in the NHL behind Tampa Bay , and few others . They've had 19 mainstay NHLers since 2008 and have more NHL quality prospects still in the ranks. Very impressive , especially 2011. They will be fine they have so many players who hadn't been given the opportunity and I see them taking full responsibility and performing . They'll be fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad