GDT: Ducks(7-2-1)@Cahokia(6-4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's too passive. Giving a pp time is a ****ing stupid strategy.

Yep. We let the other team enter the zone way too easily, and then when they get set up, we don't pressure the points AT ALL. Our only chance at clearing is if the other team tries to cycle down low and we win a hard fought puck battle.

Just an awful strategy

Corey Perry*

Wait, we're the Orlando Ducks? That's disneyworld's castle. :p

I couldn't watch the game, I had to dvr it, and man, that shootout killed me. Thank Selanne we won.

Oct 18, 2011
we're 8-2-1 and Perry has one goal

this would never happen in the past. eventually he will get going, right? right?

How good can this team be with Fowler back, and Perry playing at his normal level? and bobby ryan? man he has gotten every better every game lately it seems he's making sure to keep his feet moving and when he plays physical he really can dominate the ice

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Ridiculous game :laugh:

Though, once again we dominated the 5v5 scoring, but special teams let us down, if we can get that PK going my word.

And I'm gonna say it, unmotivated Perry is worse then unmotivated Getzlaf.

I'll be interested to see how Fasth rebounds, thought he made some big saves (that tip effort near the end of the 3rd(?) was huge), but seemed shaky, my only wish is if he covered more pucks instead of always deflecting them. Had to laugh at a headline I saw though, "Fasth shines in SO, lifts Ducks over Blues 6-5". Shines by making 1 save, and letting in an attempt where Steen lost the handle? :sarcasm:

Main thing is, we played meh for a while, but still got 2 points, 8-2-1!

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
In Finland we call games like these "Hawaii Hockey" :laugh:

Nice to see the team isn't stopping and picked the win in the end...and that joy after the victory :handclap:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Can't believe they won after that game in Dallas. Fasth seemed to have a bad night, a lot of lucky goals for both sides. Good thing was that Elliot was worse than Fasth. Anyway, he needs to get his **** together for next game. Chicago is going to be the toughest opponent so far and they are a well balanced team. Kane, Toews and Sharp always seem to score against the Ducks (although, none of them has scored against Fasth so there's a chance :sarcasm:).

Lucky to come out with 2 points and keeping the 2nd place in conference.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
How can Perry be unmotivated? Its his contract year
This would work if he wasn't one of the best players in his position, he'll know if Ducks don't want to break the bank, someone will give him a massive contract in FA.

He'll get some goals and points here and there at his current rate, but (to me) he looks quite clearly disinterested, he's gliding out there more often then not IMO.

icebluuu

May 15, 2011
I wouldn't be too worried about Fasth. Last playoff he let in eight goals one game, only to lead AIK to a 2-1 win the next. Let in five another game, won the next. I'd be more worried about his stick not being on the ice. That I do not remember being a problem in the SEL.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Let's hope we will see this scenario at some time in this season:

1. Perry actually plays hockey
2. PK is at least average
3. Hiller in pre-vertigo form + Fasth bouncing back
4. ...
5. PROFIT!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's too passive. Giving a pp time is a ****ing stupid strategy.
We need to get back to killing how we killed when caryle was here. We never let anyone get the zone and if they did get the zone they were not going to get set in the zone. Teams like chicago and san jose play very up tempo style of pk and they are tops in the league, id like to see us clog the neutral zone more, make them have a hard time getting into a zone and pressure the puck and especially the 50-50 pucks more.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I wouldn't be too worried about Fasth. Last playoff he let in eight goals one game, only to lead AIK to a 2-1 win the next. Let in five another game, won the next. I'd be more worried about his stick not being on the ice. That I do not remember being a problem in the SEL.

Yeah, and I don't remember it being a problem before last night. Nerves? Lack of focus? Hazy didn't mention it, but Pang was all over it and he was right.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Here's an interesting backhanded compliment from Boudreau:

"We got energy when Teemu scored and (Andrew) Cogliano, who's worked so hard and hadn't gotten goals," Coach Bruce Boudreau said. "And you can tell when Bobby's in one of his moods to play. He was going today. We knew we could keep it close."

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I've figured out the key to our success: me watching the game. I missed all the stars game and didn't start watching this one until 2 mins into 2nd period. Lol. Anyway here's what I thought:

I was disappointed in Lovejoy after seeing some of the comments you guys posted about him in the stars game. He was much better then Hendry, but i hopes not a regular in the lineup. Why he was on the pp is beyond me.

From what I saw from perry he was not bad. Still snake bitten but you can tell he's getting better.

Beleskey is still not a top line player. We really need another top six in our lineup.

Koivu is on fire this year. By far the best player on the ice.

Souray was ok but looked really slow. This is the Souray we will see a lot of next year IMO.

I thought Lydman was bad. Ever since his benching he has looked more like the Lydman of last year.

Sbisa was bad too. That pairing is a disaster.

I wish we would kept Brookbank and not signed Allen. Used the extra cash another top six forward.

I wouldn't mind Etem going back to ahl. Kids gonna be a good one but he's not ready yet. He's gotta learn to drive net more instead of shooting from top of circles. As Ahlers said, NHL goalies are always gonna make those saves.

I want another top six forward brought in soon. BB seemed to stop rolling four lines cause he lost complete trust in Staubitz, Etem and Palmieri. Bring in another top six player and send Etem down. Let him dominate there and be first call up.

Fasth was bad. Teams will target his 5 hole more in upcoming games.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I want another top six forward brought in soon. BB seemed to stop rolling four lines cause he lost complete trust in Staubitz, Etem and Palmieri. Bring in another top six player and send Etem down. Let him dominate there and be first call up.

It had nothing to do with Staubitz. BB stopped playing the 4th line because he cannibalized it. He moved Ryan to wing and Koivu to center on the 2nd line, and then he moved Bonino to the 3rd line center. That left Etem, Palmieri, and Staubitz, and there was no way that trio was seeing the ice in a nutso game like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He didn't lose confidence in them, he's been playing only three lines in the third period for at least a couple of weeks.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Boudreau isn't going to keep rolling 4 lines when the game is on the line.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Yeah, and I don't remember it being a problem before last night. Nerves? Lack of focus? Hazy didn't mention it, but Pang was all over it and he was right.

He had given up 2 weak five hole goals previous to this game, so it could become a problem as teams get more tape on him.

Ducksgo*

He didn't lose confidence in them, he's been playing only three lines in the third period for at least a couple of weeks.

Exactly this. We needed our top and best players to pull off this win. The third period was so crazy I wasn't expecting the Etem line in the 3rd

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Boudreau isn't going to keep rolling 4 lines when the game is on the line.

He was rolling them more when prospects were on the 4th line. Only guy that's been getting low ice time like Etem got lately ( 6mins and change) is Staubitz. That game was similar to this one and aside from Staubitz, others were at least getting around 8. I do understand that since moving Ryan they've switched him to wing when it gets to about 2nd half of 3rd, so that hurts 4th line wingers chances of seeing more ice time. However I don't think there's any question that he's not rolling his lines as much as he was at the start of the season.

This is kinda another reason I want to see Rakell on the wing. That way when he moves bones to 3rd line center late in game, he can double shift Perry so 4th line guys are used a little more.

Regardless of their ice time though, this team needs another top six forward to play with Getz and Perry. Etem isn't ready IMO.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
He was rolling them more when prospects were on the 4th line. Only guy that's been getting low ice time like Etem got lately ( 6mins and change) is Staubitz. That game was similar to this one and aside from Staubitz, others were at least getting around 8. I do understand that since moving Ryan they've switched him to wing when it gets to about 2nd half of 3rd, so that hurts 4th line wingers chances of seeing more ice time. However I don't think there's any question that he's not rolling his lines as much as he was at the start of the season.

This is kinda another reason I want to see Rakell on the wing. That way when he moves bones to 3rd line center late in game, he can double shift Perry so 4th line guys are used a little more.

Regardless of their ice time though, this team needs another top six forward to play with Getz and Perry. Etem isn't ready IMO.

god. if perry can get going we'd be such a dynamite team.. WAKE THE **** UP PLEASE PERRY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad