GDT: Ducks(7-2-1)@Cahokia(6-4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He was rolling them more when prospects were on the 4th line. Only guy that's been getting low ice time like Etem got lately ( 6mins and change) is Staubitz. That game was similar to this one and aside from Staubitz, others were at least getting around 8. I do understand that since moving Ryan they've switched him to wing when it gets to about 2nd half of 3rd, so that hurts 4th line wingers chances of seeing more ice time. However I don't think there's any question that he's not rolling his lines as much as he was at the start of the season.

This is kinda another reason I want to see Rakell on the wing. That way when he moves bones to 3rd line center late in game, he can double shift Perry so 4th line guys are used a little more.

Regardless of their ice time though, this team needs another top six forward to play with Getz and Perry. Etem isn't ready IMO.

If Rakell is on the 4th then when Bonino moves up and Palmieri or Beleskey moves down Rakell will just shift to 4C. They won't double shift Perry. The benefit of Rakell playing would be the ability to keep rolling 4 lines without having to juggle their order to keep a double shifted player fresh.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Just wanted to highlight a couple things while the game was still relevant.

This quote from Bonino:
Nick Bonino was visibly shaken ... but for good reasons.

The Anaheim Ducks center scored in the sixth round of the shootout to give his team a 6-5 victory against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night. It was Bonino's first shootout attempt of his career and first game-winning goal.

"It feels really good. I'm still shaking," Bonino said. "I've never had a game-winner."

Kudos to BB for having his Bonino gamble pay off huge. I hope this does wonders for Bonino's confidence, and ushers in the Raging Boner era.

And I just thought this quote from Cole about his disallowed goal was funny:
"I was pretty excited. I blacked out for a second ... I don't know what happened," Cole said. "I usually just score one goal a year, so that's it. I'm done now."

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
If Rakell is on the 4th then when Bonino moves up and Palmieri or Beleskey moves down Rakell will just shift to 4C. They won't double shift Perry. The benefit of Rakell playing would be the ability to keep rolling 4 lines without having to juggle their order to keep a double shifted player fresh.

I wouldn't be surprised if perry or some top top six winger was double shifted for Staubitz. Based on ice time, I don't think BB trusts him, even as much as other 4th liners.

So late in games lines would be:
Beleskey-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Bonino-Cogliano
Perry/Ryan-Rakell-Palmieri

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I wouldn't be surprised if perry or some top top six winger was double shifted for Staubitz. Based on ice time, I don't think BB trusts him, even as much as other 4th liners.

So late in games lines would be:
Beleskey-Getz-Perry
Ryan-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Bonino-Cogliano
Perry/Ryan-Rakell-Palmieri

I was assuming if Rakell plays, Staubitz would be the guy who is most likely sitting to make room for him. I doubt they'd sit Beleskey or Palmieri to play Rakell, so it'd be Etem or Staubitz. A 4th line of Palmieri Rakell Etem would get pushed around a lot but against a team like Detroit would be a functional 4th line.

Ducksgo*

I was assuming if Rakell plays, Staubitz would be the guy who is most likely sitting to make room for him. I doubt they'd sit Beleskey or Palmieri to play Rakell, so it'd be Etem or Staubitz. A 4th line of Palmieri Rakell Etem would get pushed around a lot but against a team like Detroit would be a functional 4th line.

We should have Etem bones and palms. That line was playing great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad