Post-Game Talk: Ducks 5 Oilers 3

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Well at least they showed up to this game unlike the Ducks game on New Years Eve. Last couple games I've been to against the Ducks, the second they score the first goal they shut the Oilers down.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Remenda is annoying due to his man crush on Mclellan.

The coaching staff doesn't seem to have changed much to our win column but at least we don't get whooped bad anymore.

Stauffer is so obnoxious with his continual defence of the Oilers.

Jack Michaels tries too hard and I miss Rod.

MacT is on payrolll along with Klowe.

Basically the only guys I like on this team now that aren't players are Joey, Bob Nicholson and Chia. Its like everyone Klowe/MacT hired including radio broadcasters, colour commentators, talk show hosts, coaches and players all suck.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
PC is well aware that the current mix of players doesn't work. I'm wondering who gets traded at deadline and in the off season? I'm actually really curious what he's going to do and how the roster will look opening day.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Was this the dumbest game you ever watched?

Hall and Perry are fighting and the refs totally ignore it.

So many penalties uncalled it was as the Fox hosts said "bush league" hockey.

Edmonton gets a too many men on ice penalty called and idiot in the booth doesn't stop the clock and then they put over a minute back on and then they take over a minute off and we ended up playing 19:20 in that period. That was 100% on Rexall place and they need to fire whomever was responsible for that. Fire him. Shame him and make sure nobody ever screws up like that ever again. We wasted 8 minutes for them to fix it and we LOST tons of time on the clock.

So Edmonton gets their too many men penalty and we wait an eternity to play and then less than a minute later the Ducks have 6 guys on the ice and .... there's no call. What the ****!??!?

Edmonton disputes a goal at the end of the 1st period and WHAT THE HELL! We end up waiting TEN FREAKING MINUTES! TEN MINUTES! Are you kidding me?

As can be expected, Yakupov and Schultz both made horrible mistakes which resulted in us giving up goals on both occasions. Yakupov made 3 really bad decisions. If Edmonton can't get anything for him in the off-season I say we put him on waivers because his timing is always off and he makes too many dumb mistakes to contribute in a top 6 role and he doesn't know how to use his stick to forecheck properly to play in a bottom six role.

Hall worked his ass off tonight. He was skating his ass off on every shift.
Eberle and McDavid looked good at times.
Pouliot was a lazy sack of ****.
Fayne needs to be told to never ever pinch while wearing an Oilers jersey.
Drai had good moments, but I think someone needs to teach him to use his frame a little better. He was more aggressive in the WHL and we need more of that out of him.

Seemed like we lost every race to the puck along the side boards in the defensive zone tonight. There were so many instances where our players could have easily won the race but you see them look behind them or hesitate and they literally give the opposing player the puck without doing anything to inconvenience them.

A lot of the Ducks played like **** too.

11-12 (Ducks/Oil) for giveaways.
We actually won more faceoffs somehow.

I'm at a loss for words.
Screw this team, this building and these refs.

I actually thought Fayne and Nurse played good together. I agree with you that Fayne should not pinch but I thought the duo played well.

On another note, Yak is terrible. He skates and skates and skates and nothing happens. During his draft year, I went to the prospects game in Halifax. The guy that really stood out for me at the game was Morgan Reilly. I thought he reminded me off Paul Coffey. At the time, I reported it in a blog on hf boards but people ripped me a new a-hole. If we could only do that draft over, we would be much better off.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Davidson is really good. Holy ****. He honestly plays like a top pairing guy. Give him a year and I think he'll be cemented into that role. That guy is so good.

Refs are ****ed. That was pathetic.

Agree 100%. Every game he gets better and he has a cannon from the point. Can we clone him?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure what to say other than the NHL better get it's **** together. I'm a fan with a vested interest and I ended up missing a good chunk of the game due to the delays because I was getting bored.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
I actually thought Fayne and Nurse played good together. I agree with you that Fayne should not pinch but I thought the duo played well.

On another note, Yak is terrible. He skates and skates and skates and nothing happens. During his draft year, I went to the prospects game in Halifax. The guy that really stood out for me at the game was Morgan Reilly. I thought he reminded me off Paul Coffey. At the time, I reported it in a blog on hf boards but people ripped me a new a-hole. If we could only do that draft over, we would be much better off.

^we would have been much better off NOT winning the 1st overall and staying at 2nd overall and just taking d-man Ryan Murray! he hasn't set the world on fire yet, but has the potential to be very good in the future.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
watched most of the game. what stood out the most was stupid decisions and bad plays. plain and simple.
yak coughing up the puck at the blue line and not taking his man, for example.

in the 3rd there were 3 oilers on a player, and all of them went elsewhere and let him go to the net.

they just do stupid things.

Oilers should trade their upcoming #1 overall draft pick they're going to get for a real player, specifically D. they don't need another skilled rookie forward.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I swear some people want him to polish this turd of a team
He tells it like it is...another embarrassing season

It's one thing to criticize a lack of effort or poor passing, it's another to heap praise on Perron for kneeing Talbot and the puck into the net for 10 ****ing minutes

McDeathbyCheerios*

It's one thing to criticize a lack of effort or poor passing, it's another to heap praise on Perron for kneeing Talbot and the puck into the net for 10 ****ing minutes
Talbot didn't agree with the refs calling it a good hockey play either. Him and McLellan were pissed

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Is it just me, or over the course of the past few weeks is this some of the worst hockey the team has played in the last few years?

I mean, some of these games they barely can make a decent pass in the neutral zone - THE ENTIRE GAME. Other times they fail due to effort, poor decisions, unnecessary icings and offsides, delay of game penalties, too many men on the ice penalties. And on top of that, some pretty bad luck.

Not to pump McDavid's tires any more than people already are, but it's amazing how much he stands out when he gets the puck. I don't mean his speed or playmaking, I mean simple composure and patience and making a smart play. It's like he's just thinking the game differently than anyone else on the team - nothing even out of the ordinary, just playing smart. He shouldn't be the one standing out as experienced when he only has ~20 games under his belt.

McLellan must be losing his mind.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
The Oilers are as bad as Kevin Quinn. Calling McDavid #87 :shakehead

Its like men against boys. Dump puck in Oilers zone, pressure dmen, cycle puck.. Oilers can't do anything about it.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
watched most of the game. what stood out the most was stupid decisions and bad plays. plain and simple.
yak coughing up the puck at the blue line and not taking his man, for example.

in the 3rd there were 3 oilers on a player, and all of them went elsewhere and let him go to the net.

they just do stupid things.

Oilers should trade their upcoming #1 overall draft pick they're going to get for a real player, specifically D. they don't need another skilled rookie forward.

I was at the game and yup stupid is about the best description. Too many attempts to get fancy instead of making the simple effective play, and that's not from our top end players but our depth guys. That was one of the worst games I've ever been to, boring in the first and then just when the game started to develop some energy the refs decided to stop the game for about 20 minutes it seemed to figure out their job.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Todd is fired up, good:

Holy crap. The ref told McLellan that we pushed Perron in.

Joke league.

I love that he's fired up about the team though, it's nice to see the coach cares, unlike some of the players. Hope we gut this team in the off season, and TDL.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I liked Talbots comment

"the ref said it was a good hockey play. I don't know what kind of hockey play that would be"

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Apparently the same thing happened the night before in CGY so who the hell knows anymore.

Gregor was complaining a few blogs ago about how the refs just aren't overturning a lot of goals. Be curious what the actual numbers are.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Not sure what I think about this whole coach's challenge thing. It might be a good idea but it just totally kills the momentum of the games with such long breaks.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Thoughts on the game....

At least there aren't jerseys on the ice:dunno:

PS...It's embarrassing to watch Yak and Jultz attempt to play hockey at the NHL level.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Not sure what I think about this whole coach's challenge thing. It might be a good idea but it just totally kills the momentum of the games with such long breaks.

Technically this was the war room review that screwed it up. I just don't get how this **** takes so long though. They were originally looking for a kicking motion. How the hell would Perron be kicking in this situation?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Apparently the same thing happened the night before in CGY so who the hell knows anymore.

Gregor was complaining a few blogs ago about how the refs just aren't overturning a lot of goals. Be curious what the actual numbers are.

the problem is the asinine priority that the call on the ice gets. It was called a goal at the time, so in order to overturn it you need a ridiculous amount of proof. For what reason I have no idea. If a goal is getting reviewed, the call on the ice should be thrown in the garbage and the goal should be evaluated fresh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad