Post-Game Talk: Ducks 5 Oilers 3

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
We were playing great until Klefbom went down mid game and our defense fell apart from then on. We were trending up.

This team will be perenial loosers until they get rid of a multitude of players who really could not give a crap! Im more convinced now than I was at the start of the season and after last nights fiasco I see it runs far deeper than the usual suspects that are chastised on this board. Every first overall except McDavid is a high paid pretty boy who is very content making tons of cash, playing half a year and going home to enjoy their summers. I used to think a scalpel could fix it, now I am certain it requires a Chain Saw. We now have the reputation of ruining good young talented players, and guess what? Its deserved.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
This absolutely is not and has not been 'the worst season yet.' That was last year and the few of us that were still watching in December will remember that. Not that I blame anyone who stopped.

There is obviously still a ton of work to do but things are looking infinitely better now than they were a year ago.

Last year was worse, but this year isn't far behind imo. Sure we have had lots of injuries, and really important ones to boot, but like tikkanen said, with McDavid, the new management, and coaching, it's really, really, hard to take right now. The hope was at an all time high, and having it dashed like this, is hard to take. (Just to be clear, I didn't have any notions of dominating, just being competitive. fighting for the playoffs, not fighting to get out of last place.) Especially after all the **** we've had to endure over the years. Being where we are in the standings is unacceptable. If we aren't in, or fighting for the playoffs next year, it's a total failure. Chiarelli has lots of work to do this summer.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Klefbom is arguably the best defenceman on the team. He's been out for months.

Why the hell wouldn't that hurt the team's performance?

That is not an indication of the systemic issue. Tallent is great to have, something we lacked for many years, that being said we are worse off having tallent and no try. The waiving the sticks as players fly by, Eberles decision to look at Rychel, and skate the other way leaving him open on the wing, Hall waiving his stick at Dris pass with the Goalie out. All huge indicators of "I could give a crap"

tikkanen

Jan 1, 2016
red deer
Last year was worse, but this year isn't far behind imo. Sure we have had lots of injuries, and really important ones to boot, but like tikkanen said, with McDavid, the new management, and coaching, it's really, really, hard to take right now. The hope was at an all time high, and having it dashed like this, is hard to take. (Just to be clear, I didn't have any notions of dominating, just being competitive. fighting for the playoffs, not fighting to get out of last place.) Especially after all the **** we've had to endure over the years. Being where we are in the standings is unacceptable. If we aren't in, or fighting for the playoffs next year, it's a total failure. Chiarelli has lots of work to do this summer.

Amen!

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
I cant understand why coaches ever pull the goalie when they are on the powerplay. seems like absolutely awful strategy to let the other team have free shots at the empty net with no consequences.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I cant understand why coaches ever pull the goalie when they are on the powerplay. seems like absolutely awful strategy to let the other team have free shots at the empty net with no consequences.

I still think it makes sense. The whole point of pulling the goalie is to make a high-risk, high-reward kind of move.

By pulling him on the PP you get an excellent opportunity to score, but with the added risk of no icings.

Then of course if you're the Oilers the chance of blowing it is higher than if you are one of the other 29 teams (I still painfully remember that 6-on-3 in Anaheim where they got outnumbered and lost a board battle).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad