Speculation: Ducks #5/6 dman...

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
We duck fans know with Beauch retiring , bieksa not being resigned, that my main man Bob wants to bring in a veteran #5/6, but Bob also is looking for one that has a big shot from the point . He not only wants to bring in that veteran 5/6 but he wants said player to help with power play 1 timers. Whos out there with those credentials? I could also see him going after a middle aged higher salary player who fits that bill( one of those change of scenery will do said player good ) type of players . # In bob we trust

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
just let Larsson pettersson welinski and mahura take the final 2 spots.. and call it a day.
Larson might need a little more time with the gulls to fully develop, Peterson and welinski will definitely be interchangeable imo. And bob loves his veteran/physical presence. He wants that dynamic physical/hard shot player imo( hope that player can skate well)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Larson might need a little more time with the gulls to fully develop, Peterson and welinski will definitely be interchangeable imo. And bob loves his veteran/physical presence. He wants that dynamic physical/hard shot player imo
I know what he loves but I think its a waste... and I think Larsson is prob more than ready.. he had this year to develop... give him limited mins behind fowler and lindholm and I bet hes a very serviceable guy... more than some old vet that is too slow for todays hockey.

Reactions: Mallard

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Let’s just have a bottom pair of Larsson-Pettersson

We shouldn’t be worried about our bottom pairing defense. Worry about our LW position outside of 2 lines. There’s a thread going on right now with Silf+ Ritchie for needs. We need to focus on that discussion.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was actually really impressed by the Welinski-Petterson pairing against the Sharks,
They arnt bad at all... and Larsson has a higher ceiling than both.... I don't think our issues are defensive.. mostly coaching + forwards not scoring.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They arnt bad at all... and Larsson has a higher ceiling than both.... I don't think our issues are defensive.. mostly coaching + forwards not scoring.
Agreed also that injury to Fowler wasn't great. Looking at your roster your team should be playing much better. Lots of depth and great players.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If you're thinking trade, just go into the season with what we have then if no one steps up, then address it. Bieksa signing was made worse because Manson stepped up during camp.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Agreed also that injury to Fowler wasn't great. Looking at your roster your team should be playing much better. Lots of depth and great players.
Ya fowler injury sucked, kesler not being a 100% hurts not only kesler but also cogs and silf... and perry while he can still find way to get points... doesn't really do much else to help the team if he isn't scoring... and we just take way too many dumb penalties. Idk were in that weird limbo where we are probably good enough defensively/goalie to get into the playoffs but idk if our forwards are good/fast enough to compete with the jets Nashville etc.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Any interest in Schlemko, David for late round draft pick?

signed - 2.1 million for 2 more years

SCOUTING REPORT
ASSETS:
Has decent size, reach and puck-moving skills. Is also fairly mobile and pretty solid in his own end. Limits his mistakes. Can log a lot of ice time, if need be, and can play on either side of the ice.
FLAWS:
Does not use the body a lot, which leaves him vulnerable against bigger forwards in the defensive zone. Does not wow you with any one physical or mental trait. Is a somewhat limited talent.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
When did Murray say he was looking for a veteran dman with a big shot for the PP???

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
We know what BM loves/wanted in the past but he has to change it up especially since he promised he wants a faster system. I think Larsson and Pettersen would be a nice bottom pairing with sheltered minutes and would be more effective than overpaying for a veteran.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Matthew Benning + 4th for Ritchie. He's a physical depth 6/7 guy. RHD

Ducks aren't really in a place to trade off any of their forward depth for a 3rd pairing D

That said, we all know Bob isn't going to go out and get anyone good. He's going to go out and find the old, slow guy that is well past his expiration date that no one else wants. He'll have all the important qualities... "grit! truculence! good in the room!" and then Bob will overpay the shit out of them, because that's what Bob does. Basically we're going to end up with the defensemen version of the Jared Boll signing (or Bieksa 2.0)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad