Post-Game Talk: Ducks 3 Oilers 2

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I have no doubt Hall has another level to reach. I think he's actually a better playmaker than goalscorer (been saying that for years now actually).

I think it's still a possibility that he makes the transition to C in the next few seasons... (yes I know... forget about it he's not a centre.. better on the wing with his speed... yadda yadda)... but he's got the speed and dishes as good as most centres... hell there are only 6 forwards in the NHL this year with more assists than Hall... and all are centres.

He'd continue to improve defensively and on the dot with experience (he's already just as good as RNH/Gagner on the dot). I don't see why he couldn't head down the same path as Messier and transform into a power forward C over time.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
I have no doubt Hall has another level to reach. I think he's actually a better playmaker than goalscorer (been saying that for years now actually).

I think it's still a possibility that he makes the transition to C in the next few seasons... (yes I know... forget about it he's not a centre.. better on the wing with his speed... yadda yadda)... but he's got the speed and dishes as good as most centres... hell there are only 6 forwards in the NHL this year with more assists than Hall... and all are centres.

He'd continue to improve defensively and on the dot with experience (he's already just as good as RNH/Gagner on the dot). I don't see why he couldn't head down the same path as Messier and transform into a power forward C over time.

But he won't be getting all those easy future AST spots. :sarcasm:

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Even as a Ducks fan I have to admit the Oilers have a great team to come. I still have no clue why you still miss a solid veteran D but overall this team is on a raise. I'm not so sure how good it can become but a solified Nurse and eventually Ekblad will ads something special. Nevertheless, you still have to fix the D. Fasth will be a great #1 (sad that he is gone) for you and I'm still a a little bit jealous that you have Hall :)

Btw. what do you expect out of Schutz's next contract?

Oct 30, 2011
Even as a Ducks fan I have to admit the Oilers have a great team to come.

Please, never make this comment on this board. It's like you're coming to my house and kicking the proverbial dog.

As for Schultz, probably in 4-4.5 range long term, or at least I hope. Would like to get him locked up for 4 years at such a price rather than a bridge or 5+.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Was it "Dress Like a Seat Night"?

I loled.

This is all I can hope for at this point in the season. The game is entertaining, and we come away with 0 points. I'm starting to think it wouldn't be a terrible idea to bring Larsen back for the press box. He looks decent as a forward, and it wouldn't hurt to have a guy who could step in at either position

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005
Two really solid back-to-back efforts against fabulous teams. I'm pleased with the effort anyhow.

xxgt465xx

May 3, 2009
San Clemente, CA
OH MY GOD. So much hook. Such penalty. Oiler tears are so sweet.

Its like a damn pity party in here. Aren't canadians supposed to be happy all the damn time. Just be canadian about it and apologize already.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

Its like a damn pity party in here. Aren't canadians supposed to be happy all the damn time. Just be canadian about it and apologize already.
Please don't crash our pity party.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013

Lol, this actually made me laugh. Thought the boys played well tonight, Fasth wants that winning goal back in a big way though.

Also, Del Preston, your humour around here (GIFs included!!!) is one of the lone bright spots. You owe me a new keyboard..."dress like a seat night" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cultra

No, not vengeance. Punishment.
Jun 15, 2010
Hilarious that the Sucks could barely squeak out a win against the Oil, gonna be a short playoffs for that team.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Lol, this actually made me laugh. Thought the boys played well tonight, Fasth wants that winning goal back in a big way though.

Also, Del Preston, your humour around here (GIFs included!!!) is one of the lone bright spots. You owe me a new keyboard..."dress like a seat night" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Me too , Nicest troll I have seen from the enemy in a long time.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I could have sworn this was the mighty ducks board for a moment.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Hilarious that the Sucks could barely squeak out a win against the Oil, gonna be a short playoffs for that team.

Meh, lot of the teams that have clinched playoffs already have gone into a weak effort,save energy mode. Only hilarious thing is the fact that Oilers manages still to lose these games when they are leading.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I think Florida and the Oilers are tanking on purpose. Florida hasnt even tried for weeks. At least Edmonton has been staying in games. Hope Ekblads worth it for us or them. Im good with any of the top 4 of reinhart ekblad draisaitl or bennett so a couple of wins would be nice.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
From what I watched:

I thought we saw some nice games from Hall, Fraser (yep), Eberle, Schultz, and RNH

Okay games from Petry, Acton, Lander, Perron, Belov, Klefbom, Marinicin and Gagner (Gagner actually might have been more on the nice game side of things)

Hendricks was mediocre, Larsen had a nice goal but that was about it

Absolutely terrible games from Gordon, Pinizzotto, and Smyth

Jun 22, 2009
It's definitely has been a good enough experiment to warrant him being there for the rest of these final games in my mind

I think he may be a real good forward.. Honestly think we could be onto something here. He's fast as hell, actually threw a couple good hits, has a good shot, and is good offensively. I think this shoulda been tried earlier.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I think he may be a real good forward.. Honestly think we could be onto something here. He's fast as hell, actually threw a couple good hits, has a good shot, and is good offensively. I think this shoulda been tried earlier.

Even though he was on defense, his strengths are on offense, so I think it's kind of a natural fit. If Larsen decides to commit to playing a forward position, he would have a much better chance of fitting into the line-up next season. It would be smart of management to have him think about that in the offseason.

He could be the reverse Staios :laugh:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Proud of the boys on this road trip and haven't been able to say that much this year.

Don't know why you guys are so down on the team, this is the best they've played in a long time, the refs obviously are favoring the more veteran team here.

They've more than hung with two of the better, bigger teams in the league on a back to back, both of these games could've gone either way.

I would rather lose like this than win while getting outshot 40-20 or something ... that doesn't teach the team anything.

I agree. If the effort like this was there all year, we'd be a much happier bunch.
didn't end well, but the games were watchable.

I'm not going to complain about the loss, as I appreciate their try the last two games.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
*read in deep, movie trailer voice*

Two days
Two games
Two third period leads
*metal music starts here* Two chokes!!!!

The Tank Masters, available on DVD and Blu-ray this week!

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Gordon has looked pretty rough the last couple of games but its hard to blame him.

Games like this for Gagner, it's not like he had a bad game by any stretch, but I also didn't see him take the puck to dangerous territory. Don't know if its a speed thing but he just looked useless out there, especially compared to RNH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad