Post-Game Talk: Ducks 3, Canucks 0

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
I hope that if Mike Gillis is replaced, the new GM doesn't hand out NTC/NMCs left and right.

Its a dilemma because if you don't hand them out the player might not sign the deal. But if you give them the no trade deal they may relax and get comfortable. Its standard practice that almost every big name player gets one of those in their contract.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Haven't felt this disconnected from the Canucks in A LONG TIME.

Sadly, I agree. These days, I can miss a Canucks game and not really feel too upset. Now, not to say I'm not a diehard fan still, but I just haven't been excited to watch this team play much, if at all, this season.

member 202355

Its a dilemma because if you don't hand them out the player might not sign the deal. But if you give them the no trade deal they may relax and get comfortable. Its standard practice that almost every big name player gets one of those in their contract.

I feel Gillis was too flexible when negotiating contracts. He can't be giving third liners contract clauses.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If it could easily be fixed, it would've been done already. Also, nothing guarantees that the new core coming in, whoever that may be down the road, will be any better than now. You seem to make the assumption it will automatically be better.

It can be easily fixed, but certain people (and fans are guilty of this too) are too loyal to certain players that they refuse to put any blame on them, or change the core. This has been a mentally weak team for years, yet the core hasn't changed. It shouldn't surprise anyone how bad this team has become, yet there are those still living in denial.

I've made no such assumptions either. But doing something different is bound to generate different results. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, and that's exactly what the Canucks have done. That's also exactly what a lot of Canuck fans want (more or less...mere tinkers isn't going to change squat with this team).

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I just hope with a bad loss like this that they don't get motivated for Colorado, Edmonton or Calgary. Who cares how badly they play to end the season. We need a top seven draft pick.

well with Markstrom playing......the team will try to win for him.....getting a top 7 pick is good but at the same time it wouldn't not make the player happy or give markstrom any confidence at all

Imuzi

Viaduct Villains
Mar 18, 2012
Representin' the COQ
Just got back from the game. Whatever, we all knew this was coming.

The 'Fire Gillis' chant started in my section but I didn't join in. So small-time that

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well no playoffs since 07-08..off season begins with changes coming..

Watching this team this year was very hard to stomach..it went from high to I don't give a **** kind of way..

Meh

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
They whooped us... we couldn't hold the Ducks jockstrap this year.

Bring up the farm team... Lets the players go golfing early.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
We had 1 win in his final 9 games. He wasn't the glue, nor did he play particularly well in his final dozen games before injury.

I think his importance to the club is vastly overstated. I like him and he played way above expectations but he wasn't a savior.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
They whooped us... we couldn't hold the Ducks jockstrap this year.

Bring up the farm team... Lets the players go golfing early.

:nod: The players seemed uninterested in playing this game, or at all this year. Why play them now?

I actually think that would be a pretty good punishment for them to not play our stars the last 3 games. I know some guys will be pissed at that and hopefully realize that they need to show more effort and emotion. The locker room doesn't seem remotely upset after being eliminated from the playoffs, (though that happened a long time ago technically).

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Well no playoffs since 07-08..off season begins with changes coming..

Watching this team this year was very hard to stomach..it went from high to I don't give a **** kind of way..

Meh

There was too much garbage on the roster this year and I called it before the season even started. This is why I was so furious in July/August/September/October. This team seriously lacks talent right now.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
:nod: The players seemed uninterested in playing this game, or at all this year. Why play them now?

I actually think that would be a pretty good punishment for them to not play our stars the last 3 games. I know some guys will be pissed at that and hopefully realize that they need to show more effort and emotion. The locker room doesn't seem remotely upset after being eliminated from the playoffs, (though that happened a long time ago technically).

I sure players like kesler showed some emotion just not on the ice....Twins don't show their emotion but they probably are angry they cannot get the job done.....some of them will want to redeem themselves for next season

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
There was a game today? Holy hell, I was at home, even flipped through the channels. Shows how disconnected I am from this team.

I could care less about hockey right now. Especially when you look at this:

Untitled.jpg

BBQ this weekend!!!! :handclap::handclap: (even warmer Inland :amazed:)

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Edler's been **** this year bro, you gotta face the facts. At least his last 2 games have been up to his potential.

I wish I could defend Edler these days, but it's hard to.

He has a thing for getting all his shots blocked. It's quite frustrating.

Corsi minus Edler equals Fenwick.

Relative to his peers? Doubtful.

Hamhuis, Garrison (worse) has been equally as bad as Edler. We rarely hear anyone complaining about them. It's just the norm to **** on Edler.

As average of a defensemen as I've ever seen. Quite amazing. The team chooses to not use his greatest strength, and without that, you're kind of just sitting there and thinking, "Is this it?".

Wouldn't necessarily call him useless, or bad per se, but, doesn't really bring much. At least Aaron Rome threw hits occasionally and seemed like he was emotionally there.

The guy has a shot (that he misses often I might add), and has an active stick. That's it. He can't skate, is not physical, and is terrible at passing/receiving the puck.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
There was a game today? Holy hell, I was at home, even flipped through the channels. Shows how disconnected I am from this team.

I could care less about hockey right now. Especially when you look at this:

Untitled.jpg

BBQ this weekend!!!! :handclap::handclap: (even warmer Inland :amazed:)

Dat weather though!

Suck it prairies!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad