Prospect Info: Ducks 2013-14 Prospect Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
anyone else love to just watch our prospect ticker? every time i come here i just watch that thing. life is good in duck land

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Karlsson is a high tempo cerebral playmaker. He uses his intelligence along with good positioning and pace on the defensive side of the puck. On offense his game reminds me of Brett Hull or Selanne (without the sniping - his shot is just okay). Give and go, drift into coverage gaps, or just flat out beat the defender to the net. He has a slight build but uses a bit of surprise and leverage to win battles.

Rakell we've all seen. He's a dangler, likes the one on one game, prefers to protect the puck rather than distribute it. He has a great wrist shot and a good snap shot. He crashes the net. Defensively he uses his anticipation and upper body strength. He's got a strong upper body and prefers to attempt to out muscle opponents, which I think he'll be able to do given time. I've likened him to Hornqvist before and I still like that comparison.

Personally I think they're pretty distinct.

I believe most of that to be quite accurate. Dating back to when they played for the Swedish WJC team on the same line, I think they were pretty different players. The only thing they really have in common would be that they are both defensively reliable, but that's a pretty common thing among Swedish youth products. Even if their role might emphasize that common trait, I'm quite sure their differences will come through, and obviously impact the players they'd play with a fair bit.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Marcus Pettersson first game in SHL this season

Marcus Pettersson skated in the 4th pairing, played 10:22 of ice time (they have 4 defensive pairs instead of 3). Skelleftea won 6-2 but Marcus was on ice for both goals against.

One was very much his fault when he gave up a puck and LA prospect Adrian Kempe beat him 1on1 and scored. For the 2nd goal he could`ve blocked a shot but didn`t.
Both goals came when Skelleftea already had scored 6 goals though.

Overall he`d have done better but we all know he`s a project and this is a good league.

I`m still pissed about LA getting Kempe though :rant:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This really sucks :/ Hope he`d be less injury prone - seems like a good player when he can play.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
You guys still own Tim Heeds rights, right? I see you talk about Pettersson and Sörensen but it's Heed who has been brillant at the start of the season (to everyones surprise really.) He's a 1+3 in the first 4 games.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
You guys still own Tim Heeds rights, right? I see you talk about Pettersson and Sörensen but it's Heed who has been brillant at the start of the season (to everyones surprise really.) He's a 1+3 in the first 4 games.
Glad to hear that he's putting it together.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust

I don't think we do. Capgeek doesn't have him listed anymore and says his contract has been terminated. I vaguely remember reading about that. Glad he's doing well but it looks like he isn't Duck property anymore.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
We ( kducks, myself, and a friend of ours, who is an Av 's fan) really liked Manson during the Prospect games.
His coupling with Gagne was almost perfect. The little midget NEEDS a stay at home D-man with a quirk, that scares people from hitting him. During the prospect games we saw a different Manson, than what was visible during the training camp. That alone brings me joy. I personally love someone who wants to ****in an opposing player from an opposing team, rather than launching their body at one of our possible teammates.
And I've been ON the ice when Todd Ewan beat the **** out of Oleg Tverdovsky.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Really sucks for Nick! Great kid! Makes it easier to accept him choosing Sweden over Denmark from a selfish pow.

Ace88*

What's your guys feeling on Shea Theodore? How far away has he looked, what kind of offensive ceiling do you think he has?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
What's your guys feeling on Shea Theodore? How far away has he looked, what kind of offensive ceiling do you think he has?

i'd say another full year in the A and then probalby another half season after that with callups

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

He's been hurt all of camp. But he's not close. He'll need to finish his junior eligibility and probably a bit of AHL seasoning as well before we see him in Anaheim. He looks like a big, soft, top notch PP guy and puck mover.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Thunderbird this season, AHL next season then nhl the following year. Manson will be ready first imo.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Wow wut I thought Theodore moved on already from Juniors. Sigh they stay so long

Shea especially. He was just 17 when we drafted him.

What about DSP, how's he looked in preseason so far?

Just okay. Some think it's because he's got a spot assured and doesn't need to, and isn't expected to. Some think it's because he's fallen back into the complacency that got him demoted once before. I've only seen him play for a little more than 1 game and I thought he looked pretty effective when he moved, but was standing still far too often.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He's been hurt all of camp. But he's not close. He'll need to finish his junior eligibility and probably a bit of AHL seasoning as well before we see him in Anaheim. He looks like a big, soft, top notch PP guy and puck mover.

Ohhhh Ozolinsh! We're reminiscing about Ozo, right? "big, soft, top notch PP guy and a puck mover." heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad