Prospect Info: Ducks 2013-14 Prospect Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
I know it was just a rumor at the trade deadline, but my wish is to get Tyler Myers.

With Buffalo in full on rebuild, I wonder if a 1st, 2nd, and a prospect like Rakell would work.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I would think Myers would be a part of any rebuild they have. He's only 24 after all...

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I know it was just a rumor at the trade deadline, but my wish is to get Tyler Myers.

With Buffalo in full on rebuild, I wonder if a 1st, 2nd, and a prospect like Rakell would work.

Would that have made you want to trade Fowler last year if we were going into a rebuild? He is still young and has had a better 1 year then Fowler had prior to this year.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
If I was Buffalo, I wouldn't be trading Myers at all, but just an idea since his name was in the rumor mill at the TD.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not really a fan of Myers. He's only really starting to turn it around this season after his debut, I'd be terrified of him regressing again to how he has been for a chunk of his NHL career to date.

But I guess his physical package coupled with the potential does make it tempting to take a bit of a risk.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
To me Myers is J Bo. A good player, but those tools means he'll be overvalued until it's too late. He would cost too much to pry out of Buffalo, and won't be worth the cost.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
OK, just to validate this thread ;)...I'm glad Gibson got his first start out of the way against a very lethargic VAN team. He looked shaky at times. But the game is over and a W. Next game, he can feel more comfortable.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
Faragher Utah bound next season I imagine? Also thought he would have to sign a 2 year ELC rather than a 1 year deal, but I guess he turns 24 before next season.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
OK, just to validate this thread ;)...I'm glad Gibson got his first start out of the way against a very lethargic VAN team. He looked shaky at times. But the game is over and a W. Next game, he can feel more comfortable.

Agreed. Can't think of a better scenario to getting your first game out of the way.

Faragher Utah bound next season I imagine? Also thought he would have to sign a 2 year ELC rather than a 1 year deal, but I guess he turns 24 before next season.

You answered your own question. Because of his age he could only sign a one-year deal I believe. And yes he's most likely headed to Utah or whomever is out ECHL affiliate next season.

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
You answered your own question. Because of his age he could only sign a one-year deal I believe. And yes he's most likely headed to Utah or whomever is out ECHL affiliate next season.

Yeah, I dunno much about ELC's and was confused whether the year limit was in regards to what age a player signs the contract or when he'd actually start playing for a team. That's settled now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I doubt Gibson and Bobkov will be splitting time in Norfolk and i doubt Gibson will be a backup in Anaheim, so somethings brewing, imo

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I would expect it's Gibson and the new guy in Norfolk. Bobkov is probably traded or maybe not even qualified.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I would expect it's Gibson and the new guy in Norfolk. Bobkov is probably traded or maybe not even qualified.

He's definitely expendable with the Faragher signing. Granted that I know nothing (outside of where he went to school) about him. I'm just assuming that he was signed to back up Gibson in Norfolk next year

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Would he be allowed to participate in the AHL for the duration of the year? I've forgotten the CHL rules regarding that, for some reason I thought there was precedent for it, and I'm unaware of any drop dead date from the AHL in regards to being on the roster and being able to participate in the playoffs.

Would be a long season for the kid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad