• K’Andre Miller

• Braden Schneider

• Zac Jones

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
some thoughts to this point in the season
  • I think there's a conscious effort to be more shoot first and to crowd the slot/net front, which to me is a great shift in strategy. they still do their fair share of cross-ice tomf***ery but they are shooting from different angles and getting more players to the net. I pointed out how frustrating it was that they try to force pucks to the slot, but I understand why they're doing it and think they will improve a lot. it helps that players like Chytil, Kakko, Laf, Troch, Vesey, and Blais are swarming the net constantly looking for tips and second chance opportunities. I also think this is why some of them have taken some really awkward shots and put themselves into weird positions for chances, this is counter to what a lot of them have played like the last few years. think it needs time
  • I appreciate how aggressive our D have become but they absolutely need to find some kind of balance. IDK what Miller was thinking last night when he pinched 20 billion times up 4. No need for that. I have NO idea what Lindgren was thinking on that 3rd goal. Like his brainstem disconnected. Jones is trying to thread the needle a biiiiiit too much sometimes and it's getting him into some trouble. I like the desire to be aggressive and not sit back, I really do and I think that's how you win in this league, they need to go over it though.
  • I like the concept of the third line a lot. it's a great grind line, especially with Blais on it. Chytil's improved physical play and worksman attitude with two bonafide grinders with juuuust enough skill to cut it has been fun to watch. they're strong defensively and usually get the puck to the other side of the ice. also helps that Chytil has been really good on faceoffs so far. I wish they were more of a scoring threat though, it would be ideal if Krav could make an impact and bump down Vesey. not that he deserves it, I don't think, but vesey is probably the least offensively gifted of this group.
  • I don't know who upped Kreider's xanax prescription but whoever did it, f*** you. looks like he's slept all summer and we just woke him up and threw his equipment at him. he is the clear weak link on the 1st line and is just.........not moving his feet. at all. I know he's not a trailblazer in speed anymore but this is pathetic. time to get going, the season started.
  • PK isn't good. we're relying too much on igor and need to support the slot area more (this goes for ES as well)
  • It feels like in a lot of areas this team is deprogramming from things they used to do and they're appearing very sloppy for it. I think if this game was against another team we probably lose. we played with our food which is pretty much never a good idea in this league. I'm really happy with certain areas of our game but I think they need to keep it up and sharpen up defensively and with their passing.

Agree with almost all of this but I don't see the issue with Kreider's play. He could easily have 5 goals if not for that fact that he gets robbed multiple times a game on the doorstep. Regression hitting him hard early on but hes still the most dangerous netfront guy in the league.

Reactions: egelband

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
That's not really nothing new for the Avs coming out from Kuemper lol. Georgiev has played well for the Avs so far and good for him. He's not an elite goalie, but good enough for the Avs and that's what they were looking for.

Not that many goalies that I would consider being elite or great in this league in this day and age. Vasy, Shesty, Hellebuyck, Saros... Starts getting pretty slim after that doesn't it? I mean those are the goalies that I would really like if I had to start a team today.
Jake Oettinger

Reactions: duhmetreE

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Agree with almost all of this but I don't see the issue with Kreider's play. He could easily have 5 goals if not for that fact that he gets robbed multiple times a game on the doorstep. Regression hitting him hard early on but hes still the most dangerous netfront guy in the league.

It's basically been all on the PP where he will continue to be elite.

He's been ass 5v5. Looking a lot like shortened season 2021 Kreider so far. Lots of lazy floating.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Did Filip Chytil finally learn how to win faceoffs? '

Also, why is it every time NYR have a stretch of decent games some jackass needs to make a main board thread about us?

Completely different player. He flashed in for a hit behind the net right before Blais drew the penalty in front of the Ducks net. So impressive. That reverse hit put on Brendan Smith in the playoffs rewired his circuits in a good way.

He's been ass 5v5. Looking a lot like shortened season 2021 Kreider so far. Lots of lazy floating.

Goals count the same no matter when you score them. Hes looked solid on the PK as well. 4 games in, not everyone can be firing on all cylinders just yet

Reactions: TheDirtyH

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Agree. It needs to change fast. With KK looking as good as he does that line has immense potential if all 3 play to their ability.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
The regression still has him on pace for a 40 goal year as is lol.

Reactions: McRanger92

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Do you guys remember how there were fans that were so convinced the Rangers were a horrible team that they defended David Quinn tooth and nail saying no other coach could have done better? Then Gallant with the same team minus a PPG player got 110 points and went to the ECF and is poised to be one of the best teams in the league while David Quinn's team looks like the worst team in the league? That was funny.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Agree. It needs to change fast. With KK looking as good as he does that line has immense potential if all 3 play to their ability.

I think unfortunately this is the way Kreider needs to play to be the best version of himself for this team. I don't like it that he floats, but it's a better option than him running around like a maniac accidentally destroying people on the walls and getting penalized shift and shift for it. His hockey IQ isn't particularly special. I'd rather live with this Kreider than deal with a Kreider who's constantly talking in his head and fighting himself on how to play, i.e., older, more mature Kreider > younger, more naive Kreider Talking about regular season Kreider only. We can't have floaters in the playoffs. He potted 52 last year (but mostly disappeared in the postseason) because he has become this opportunistic floater who tips better than Santa Claus at a North Pole diner. He put 52 in, so we absolve him mostly for being a floater.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Completely different player. He flashed in for a hit behind the net right before Blais drew the penalty in front of the Ducks net. So impressive. That reverse hit put on Brendan Smith in the playoffs rewired his circuits in a good way.

Goals count the same no matter when you score them. Hes looked solid on the PK as well. 4 games in, not everyone can be firing on all cylinders just yet

I don't think anyone is arguing against that. I'm not even upset with his production - Anyone who has watched knows that he should have more than 2 goals.

The issue with Kreider is how bad hes played 5v5. I totally understand that its early and he has more than enough time to turn it around but the point is that it needs to happen.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
I think unfortunately this is the way Kreider needs to play to be the best version of himself for this team. I don't like it that he floats, but it's a better option than him running around like a maniac accidentally destroying people on the walls and getting penalized shift and shift for it. His hockey IQ isn't particularly special. I'd rather live with this Kreider than deal with a Kreider who's constantly talking in his head and fighting himself on how to play, i.e., older, more mature Kreider > younger, more naive Kreider Talking about regular season Kreider only. We can't have floaters in the playoffs. He potted 52 last year (but mostly disappeared in the postseason) because he has become this opportunistic floater who tips better than Santa Claus at a North Pole diner. He put 52 in, so we absolve him mostly for being a floater.
if this is true (and I tend to agree it is) then he should be lower in the lineup, especially since he already gets most of his points from the PP.

Zibanejad and Kakko are going 1000 miles per hour with their decision making and Kreider's just not cutting it.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
if this is true (and I tend to agree it is) then he should be lower in the lineup, especially since he already gets most of his points from the PP.

Zibanejad and Kakko are going 1000 miles per hour with their decision making and Kreider's just not cutting it.
Agree.

Laf-Zibby-Kakko
Panarin-Trochek-Kravstov
Kreider-Chytil-Blais
Vesey-Rydal-Goodrow

is what I want to see ASAP.

Reactions: egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I don't think anyone is arguing against that. I'm not even upset with his production - Anyone who has watched knows that he should have more than 2 goals.

The issue with Kreider is how bad hes played 5v5. I totally understand that its early and he has more than enough time to turn it around but the point is that it needs to happen.

I mean, his corsi % is 68.5 through 4 games which is higher than Kakko & Mika, if youre into that sort of thing. I think hes been perfectly fine cog on that line so far.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Do you guys remember how there were fans that were so convinced the Rangers were a horrible team that they defended David Quinn tooth and nail saying no other coach could have done better? Then Gallant with the same team minus a PPG player got 110 points and went to the ECF and is poised to be one of the best teams in the league while David Quinn's team looks like the worst team in the league? That was funny.
1666112136280.png

Not that funny. But maybe a little...

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Davin Quinn made Fox and Panarin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad