• Braden Schneider

• Zac Jones

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Games like this are why Igor isn’t going to win the Vezina again this year. Hard to be as focused on D or in goal when you’re up 2+ goals and dominating all game

Reactions: Circus86

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Four games in and I can say this: The kids really did take the step we saw later last season. As this team continues to come together even more, we're going to be f***ing deadly. Right now it reminds me of the 80's oilers to a lesser degree: They didn't need Fuhr to stop every shot, just the important ones. They'll tighten up.

I'm really excited for this season.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The top 6 is basically unstoppable when they get going. Just wave after wave. The PP is insane again. This team just generates an insane amount of scoring chances. Laffy and Kakko scoring is great. Mika and Panarin are such elite guys.

Honestly I love following up pp1 with the kid line. The other team has to deal with an absurdly elite PP and then a kid line that is a possession and cycling monster comes right over the boards after them. I love that strategy.

Igor was booty tonight. Getting beat on two clear sight goals and then 5 hole on a breakaway which he usually stops and that last one with him swimming all over the place. It’s early and I’m not even remotely concerned about him, just stating that he was pretty ass tonight.

Seeing Hank on the postgame just reminds me how we never had anyone like Panarin or Mika or fox with Hank during those contender windows. We never had a team back then that generated chances like this team, let alone a PP that could generate even half as many chances as this team does. If only the timing were better and we just had one of those guys back then we’d have multiple cups. Ugh.

Well if Igor plays like he can then we should have multiple cups with him.

Reactions: Richard Banger

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
The top 6 is basically unstoppable when they get going. Just wave after wave. The PP is insane again. This team just generates an insane amount of scoring chances. Laffy and Kakko scoring is great. Mika and Panarin are such elite guys.

Honestly I love following up pp1 with the kid line. The other team has to deal with an absurdly elite PP and then a kid line that is a possession and cycling monster comes right over the boards after them. I love that strategy.

Igor was booty tonight. Getting beat on two clear sight goals and then 5 hole on a breakaway which he usually stops and that last one with him swimming all over the place. It’s early and I’m not even remotely concerned about him, just stating that he was pretty ass tonight.

Seeing Hank on the postgame just reminds me how we never had anyone like Panarin or Mika or fox with Hank during those contender windows. We never had a team back then that generated chances like this team, let alone a PP that could generate even half as many chances as this team does. If only the timing were better and we just had one of those guys back then we’d have multiple cups. Ugh.
Totally agreed with this as following up unbelievable pp1 with the kids lne is great. Nitpicking for sure, but the only thing I’d change with the PP setup is swap positions of Trouba and Jones on PP2 and put Jones on the point and Trouba at the circle. Jones get take care of zone entries, setup etc, and Trouba can help retrieve pucks on the boards and setup for slap shots from the Ovi/Zibanejad spot as the righty on that unit

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Not sure what people are watching and not seeing how he's already playing. Every time Lafreniere is on the ice he's noticeable for good reasons. He's got 3 points in 4 games... all even strength what a surprise...

It’s very good but he’s not taking over shifts like Kakko.

Last edited:

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
mas0764 and GENESISPuck94 are worried these kids doing so well they are gonna block the next generation of kids down at the farm lol

Omg, Robertson isn't gonna get a fair shake. Hunter Skinner, oh no! What about Will Cullye??

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Not sure what people are watching and not seeing how he's already playing. Every time Lafreniere is on the ice he's noticeable for good reasons. He's got 3 points in 4 games... all even strength what a surprise...
he's definitely been good and noticeable but Kakko has been on a different level. He was dominant today and deserved more than the 1 goal he got.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I feel like Lundqvist was like that too, especially early in his career.
Yeah Lundqvist was the same way. Played better the more work he got and the more games he played.

Igor will be fine. No denying he was poopy tonight though. At least they were able to score their way out of it though.

bunch of jealous cucks on the main boards. This team is a wagon.
The main boards and hockey twitter will still be saying the Rangers are all PP and Igor and suck at 5v5 until they’re number one in all fancy stats.

This team not only has a lethal PP but they’re getting insane chances 5v5 too. The top 6 is basically two first lines and having that 1-2 punch all night just completely overwhelms the other team. You don’t need to be first in Corsi when you have the elite talent the rangers do. Their cross seam pass work and roving in the offensive zone to confuse the defense is some of the best in the league. The amount of slot passes they can pull off really creat such high quality chances.

Also, I thought Blais was strong tonight. I really like him as a flank for Chytil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad