• Jacob Tuba

• K’Andre Miller

• Braden Schneider

• Zac Jones

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Kappo is coming along incredibly well. I watched the game in person- he’s the reason that line keeps the puck for so much. I’m totally impressed and if he can keep this up he should establish himself as a top 6 forward real fast.

Well done and thanks to the team for a great night at MSG!

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Everyone who defended Kakko on these boards has been vindicated so far. He looks like a totally different player out there. This is why you don’t give up on talent.

Trocheck is a huge upgrade over Strome, and makes PP1 that much more lethal.

Zibanejad and Panarin were great as usual. This team tends to take their foot off the gas and it leads to dumb goals. This game shouldn’t have been this close.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The top 6 is basically unstoppable when they get going. Just wave after wave. The PP is insane again. This team just generates an insane amount of scoring chances. Laffy and Kakko scoring is great. Mika and Panarin are such elite guys.

Honestly I love following up pp1 with the kid line. The other team has to deal with an absurdly elite PP and then a kid line that is a possession and cycling monster comes right over the boards after them. I love that strategy.

Igor was booty tonight. Getting beat on two clear sight goals and then 5 hole on a breakaway which he usually stops and that last one with him swimming all over the place. It’s early and I’m not even remotely concerned about him, just stating that he was pretty ass tonight.

Seeing Hank on the postgame just reminds me how we never had anyone like Panarin or Mika or fox with Hank during those contender windows. We never had a team back then that generated chances like this team, let alone a PP that could generate even half as many chances as this team does. If only the timing were better and we just had one of those guys back then we’d have multiple cups. Ugh.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
honestly igor lost focus. he needs shots and pressure to keep up quality play. not an excuse but it’s tough to get upset when the closest they got after the first tie up was 2 goals behind. we absolutely dominated them offensively. and I think most impressive is we never let up in the 3rd period. this is a really good start for the team.

It's the one thing I noticed with him, he can struggle with the lighter workloads. That last goal he was eagerly chasing a save that wasn't there and brought him way out of position.

That said, I have 0 worry about him.

For once, it was nice for the team to bail him out.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Dominant overall with spurts of extremely sloppy play. The Ducks are a very young team with good young talent so it's not an unexpected final score.

I'm not sure how much longer Lafreniere will stick on the 2nd line if they leak goals like they did tonight. I thought Panarin had a really strong game and Trocheck had his moments, Laf had a rough game I thought outside of the goal. Kreider-ZIbanejad-Kakko line and the 3rd line were excellent, nothing to complain about.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
It's the one thing I noticed with him, he can struggle with the lighter workloads. That last goal he was eagerly chasing a save that wasn't there and brought him way out of position.

That said, I have 0 worry about him.

For once, it was nice for the team to bail him out.
Yeah, Igor seems like the type of goalie that needs a heavier workload during games. A lighter one like this and he doesn't seem to be quite in the zone.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
It was nice to win a game just through pure offensive firepower. But we need to work on our details defending, puck support and breakout. I saw too many mistakes from too many players to single anyone out. But this was far too much pond hockey, though I guess fitting it was against the ducks. The game sorta reminded me of the elite offensive teams of the early 90s playing against weaker opponents. So, in some ways it's a good thing. But that style of play will not work against top half of the league. Lots to clean up.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
That was fun. Domination with a few lapses.

Kakko's confidence with the puck is awesome.
I don't know if Kakko will ever be the elite producer we hoped, but man I just feel so comfortable with him on the ice. Felt that way the last couple of years but now he looks like he's taking the next step. He's going to be a dominant possession driver at a minimum.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Big fan of Gallant putting out the kid line when PP1 ends a power play. PP1, kid line, 4th line then back to normal lines. Gets Kakko and Lafreniere more ice time and is a way to get that trio on the ice together without taking Kakko or Lafreniere out of the top six.
Yep. Plus it lets them keep their chemistry in case we need a spark at some point as the year progresses. Very smart move by GG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad